Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Allow Me To Make This Cristalle Clear.

OK, so, now that I have your attention I will use my remote control to change the Chanel. Cristalle was delivered to me today and it is my SOTD. My first impression was that this is quite the citrus fragrance (in a good way). It is a little short lived on me so, I shall use some unscented lotion over which to apply it. Keep in mind that citrus is not big on my fragrance agenda but, yet I like it. I think this will be a nice summer scent. I am not taken aback with its beauty as say, Mitsouko or Chamade but it will not languish in one of the fragrance refrigeraters till the end of time. So, for you Chanel users what is next? No more citrus please. Oh, and the vintage Vent Vert showed up today. Yesssssssss!
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 16th April 2010 at 11:14 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Allow Me To Make This Cristalle Clear.

Hey D ! I love your pun on the word Chanel .

Cristalle is just OK to me - I actuall prefer the EDP .Can I still not mention Chanel No.5 ??? Don't kill me D !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Sample the No 5 Eau Premiere; I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Edited to add; agree, the pun is divine!
    Last edited by knit at nite; 16th April 2010 at 11:30 PM.

Hillaire

I am sorry, N. But did you mention this was a vintage bottle you got? Or is the new stuff? And if it was vintage, wanna swap?

+ 1 for the eau de premiere , a bubbly , happy juice, just perfect for the spring
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die, too (TW)

Yes, could you establish whether it is vintage? It is certainly gorgeously citrussy, but I was hoping you might mention something along the lines of MOSS!

This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Oak moss is supposed to be a component but, I don't think it is very prominent. Cristalle is one of those fragrances that can only be understood by trying it. I like it, great for summer, I just wish it was a bit longer lasting, on me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Yes, could you establish whether it is vintage? It is certainly gorgeously citrussy, but I was hoping you might mention something along the lines of MOSS!

I just received samples of Cristalle EDT (vintage) and Cristalle Eau Vert from a perfume friend, and this thread inspired me to try them today. I really like them both, and should have tried them ages ago! The Cristalle EDT is an herbal/floral chypre with just a touch of citrus in the beginning. The oakmoss underpinning is very apparent, and lovely. The Eau Vert is very different; it's a really pretty fresh green floral with no oakmoss that I can detect. These will join Beige and Egoiste on the list of Chanels that seem to work for me!

I love vintage Crystalle EdT... very "meh" on the modern stuff; they're different fragrances. I'll second others - did you pick up the vintage?

I think if you want to abandon the sparkly aldehydic side you should go for Coromandel. It's a very un-Chanel Chanel, and I think you might like it.

Basenotes Institution

I have only smelled 'new' Cristalle and I just cannot get into it. It seems to embody those parts of Chanel fragrances that always annoy my nose (nose tickling aldehydes and powdery green florals). Same for the new Cristalle Eau Vert.

I'd be interested to try vintage juice, to see if its something I'd enjoy.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 18th April 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I love vintage Crystalle EdT... very "meh" on the modern stuff; they're different fragrances. I'll second others - did you pick up the vintage?

I think if you want to abandon the sparkly aldehydic side you should go for Coromandel. It's a very un-Chanel Chanel, and I think you might like it.
    I thought so, too! Someone sent me a sample of Coromandel, and there was something in it that my nose just didn't like. It was disappointing!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have only smelled 'new' Cristalle and I just cannot get into it. It seems to embody those parts of Chanel fragrances that always annoy my nose (nose tickling aldehydes and powdery green florals). Same for the new Cristalle Eau Vert.

I'd be interested to try vintage juice, to see if its something I'd enjoy.
    Even though I have now found four Chanels that I rather like (Beige and Egoiste being the top two), there is something about Chanels that just doesn't suit me. I know many of you love the house, but I just don't connect with it. For me, they lack soul. Is it because they're too elegant for me? I just don't know. I don't wear tailored linen suits, I don't serve food in cut crystal dishes, and so far I don't wear Chanel.

I don't like Coromandel either. It has a strong medicinal note that really bothers me.