Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Lismore by Waterford. (REVISITED)

Well, since I am a Waterford crystal collectr I could not pass up purchasing Lismore especially since I found it at Marshall's at $17.00. Nice bottle and the fragrances is made by Firmenich. The fragrance is not bad but, also nothing to write home about. The carnation note definately makes itself known which, some like but, it is not my favorite note. The bottle turns into a bud vase when the juice is gone or could be refilled with another juice. After a while it smells a little like Donna Karan Gold. Anyone else tried this one?
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 17th April 2010 at 10:04 PM.

Default Re: Lismore by Waterford.

Rats! I bought my Lismore at full price! I rather like the fragrance, especially now in spring/early summer, Tesla - and I can see the rosebuds I will be tucking into the 'vase' already! But you are right, it is not distinctive particularly. BTW, what is your pattern? Mine is Colleen!

Reine

I have Waterford's Lismore, too, N_Tesla. I bought mine at Marshall's, too. I don't know why the fragrance bombed, maybe someting to do with Waterford's going bankrupt, or maybe it just wasn't modern enough. I believe it's a Harry Frémont creation. I like it, especially in spring and summer. I'm an old style florals lover and I enjoy the sweet mandarin juiciness in the top as well. I think it's meant to be a romantic bridal type of fragrance. Lismore is supposed to be one of Waterford's best selling crystal patterns, and I imagine engaged couples registered for it. The fragrance definitely has that mood to me...old fashioned, white florals, bright crystal, a sort of romantic filmy fuzziness.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 15th April 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Well I went out and bought some at Marshall's they also had Paloma Picasso EDP very cheap too. Pretty clean floral. Springy

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Lismore by Waterford.

OK, to be fair I decided to test Lismore again today on paper test strip. It seems my initial reluctance has been deminished a bit after letting the scent sit for about fifteen to twenty minutes after which the fragrance begins to settle down. Here are the notes: (from the Base Notes Directory)

Top Notes
    Water lily, Freesia, Ylang ylang, Rose, Mandarin.

Middle Notes

Carnation, Peony, Night blooming jasmine.

Base Notes
    Orchid vanilla, Precious woods, Musk, Violet.

Thirty minutes later it is quite nice. Certainly worth a try and perhaps office wear worthy. Let's get some more noses writing thoughts about this one please. It has been lonely so far.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 17th April 2010 at 10:17 PM.