Code of Conduct

Exclamation I am the Fragrance Devil ! I am here to tempt you.

Yes, yes (evil laugh) !

I want to make a deal with you. Here's what is is about:
    If you sell your soul, I will grant you 7 (!!!) wishes.
    I accept everything from male and female fragrances.
    Your wish can even be fragrance-industry related. I hope you'l understand what that means.
    ....just as long as you give me your soul !

Yes, it is just that simple ! So c'm on, sell your soul and I will grant you exactly 7 wishes !
    Isn't that great ?

Jimi Hendrix

Default Re: I am the Fragrance Devil ! I am here to tempt you.

It's better than the Djinn/Genie's measly three anyway.

Can I get back to you on this?

(you're just an adorable little devil aren't you?)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Have you seen the movie where a guy was tempted by the devil ?
    There were also 7 wishes there.
    I want to make the same thing here.

What do you wish ?

souls do not exist ,at least I do not believe in souls

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    souls do not exist ,at least I do not believe in souls
    Souls live in memory. Memory is brought to life in scents Smell something your grandpa used to wear and you'd swear he's standing right next to you!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Souls live in memory. Memory is brought to life in scents Smell something your grandpa used to wear and you'd swear he's standing right next to you!
    so true! The first time i smelled habanita, I was transported back 45 years into my paternal grandparents little house where he chewed tobacco and she always smelled of baby powder.

Mr Hendrix,
    I'm game but I can't think of seven wishes- here's what I want:
    1. world peace (kind of kill's fun for devils, tho)
    2. a perfectly clean house
    3 I do not clean the aforementioned house

So, you do not get my soul, but I will give you two pecks on the cheek and a big smile for your playful spirit.

memory and imagination are one thing but an astral body that lives on after death i don't buy it.

I'd rather keep my soul thanksverymuch!

Good: 1
    Evil: Nada!

Dear Fragrance Devil:

Well, I think you already have my soul, but given the opportunity to pawn it again, (and assuming you mean to limit our wishes to the world of scent, of course) I’ll take a lifetime supply of Guerlain’s Shalimar, L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko, the finest Oud, the finest Mysore sandalwood, Dior’s Dune, and Estee Lauder’s Knowing, all encased in the most exquisite 1 oz. bottles available for each!

Now, the obligatory: ‘Hail Scentsatan!’ :-P
    Last edited by Nymphaea; 17th April 2010 at 10:31 PM.

OK Mr. Devil, if that is your real name, here's my list:

1) A giant database of the world's fragrances, with thousands of people having rated each possible pair from 1 ("very similar scents") to 7 ("could not be any more unlike"), along with a one-word adjective to accompany each rating (e.g., A is FRUITIER than B, OR A is LESS SYNTHETIC than B, OR A is SMOKIER than B).

2) Citrus that lasts all day. In particular, something that smells like Softsoap grapefruit body wash.

3) A universal moratorium on the formulation, distribution, or sale of fresh/aquatic scents. Sorry guys, I know they're beloved of many. But this is a deal with the devil, you know?

Only three, I guess I'm a cheap soul.

Ok deal.

1st wish. I'd like my soul back, thanks
    2nd wish. I'd like you gone and never heard from again.
    3rd wish. I'd like to never worry about money again or anyone I care for has to either.
    4th wish. I'd like for me and the people I care about to not have to worry about health ever again.
    5th wish. I'd like the be able to have any super hero ability, any time I wanted it.
    6th wish. I'd like there to be no strings attached to these wishes of any kinds (not physical strings either, you tricky devil!).
    7th wish. I'll save this one just in case.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

I think soul-selling is better reserved for things like true love, perfect health, and a zombie hoard to do my bidding ( with advance apologies to everyone's deceased relatives ).

That being said, my seven fragrance wishes would be...

1. A well-trained perfumer to cater to my bespoke wishes at a reasonable price.

2. Ability to obtain samples of everything I wanted to sniff, free of charge.

3. Advanced perfumery training so I could create the fragrances I'd want to wear.

4. Unlimited air-ticket to allow me to travel to any perfume store in the world, Basenotes meet-ups, flower fields.

5. Complete lift of any IFRA restrictions on fragrance materials.

6. Ability to place any discontinued fragrance back in production.

7. Zombie hoard of perfumers, back from the dead with olfactory abilities intact!

1. Like many others, I want my soul back first!
    2. A huge bag of reefer.
    3. A huge bag of reefer.
    4. A lifetime supply of Fahrenheit.
    5. A lifetime supply of Green Irish Tweed.
    6. To be able to see through women's clothes.
    7. A fragrance that smells like a huge bag of reefer.

Oh, The_Cologneist ... how you typify yourself in these wishes...

Let's see...

1) My bank account would mysteriously increase somewhat (shockingly) exponentially;
    2) Certain politicians not to be mentioned here would simply disappear and be erased from human memory
    3) I would find a vault of Guerlain vintages
    4) I would find a vault of Chanel vintages
    5) The niche market of vetiver and oakmoss based scents would call me, offering unlimited freebies
    6) My own house of scent would open
    7) I would finally track down the elusive "I think it's Aramis" scent, and locate a cask or barrel full.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Game on! I take the challenge!

1) So many superpowers, that I can get my soul back anytime and grant more wishes- without even asking anything instead- to anyone I like

Now for the fun part:
    2) I get to own an unlimited supply of frags, magic and efficient enough to get me or anyone I choose everything- as soon as this anyone does not interfere with my wishes
    3) If this anyone does interfere with my wishes, tough luck, I can make them disappear anytime
    4) An unlimited supply of cash, no matter what happens, even if I squander it all, the next second it all "grows back"
    5) No physical, mental, emotional setbacks allowed for these wishes
    6) Immortality, after all, what is the use of having all this, if only for a limited time
    7) Immortality to everything I like, I would not want some murderous comet or any other natural catastrophe interfere with my (very) long-term plans
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 18th April 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Thumbs up Re: I am the Fragrance Devil ! I am here to tempt you.

Very well thought. Especially five would be all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post

1. A well-trained perfumer to cater to my bespoke wishes at a reasonable price.

2. Ability to obtain samples of everything I wanted to sniff, free of charge.

3. Advanced perfumery training so I could create the fragrances I'd want to wear.

4. Unlimited air-ticket to allow me to travel to any perfume store in the world, Basenotes meet-ups, flower fields.

5. Complete lift of any IFRA restrictions on fragrance materials.

6. Ability to place any discontinued fragrance back in production.

7. Zombie hoard of perfumers, back from the dead with olfactory abilities intact!