Code of Conduct

Default PdN's Sacrebleu vs. Sacrebleu Intense

I love Sacrebleu and recently grabbed a 30 ml. Now I'm wondering if I should bother with the intense version? Is it possibly more incensy? Has anyone tried both? What did you think?

Default Re: PdN's Sacrebleu vs. Sacrebleu Intense

Can't answer, but I'm very interested in this question. I love Sacrebleu EDP.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry never tried the Intense. I hate the top notes of Sacrebleu, but lucky they don't last long on me and I love the heart and base settle down.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

I only have the Intense and have never tried the other. However, I have the same reaction as Donna - hate those top notes but they soon disappear and the heart and base are wonderful. It lasts forever on my scent-eating skin.
    There's only a touch of incense.
    Last edited by hilaryjane; 18th April 2010 at 12:56 PM.

I would like to hear some new reviews too please

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have this same question regarding all the PdN intense versions. When I bought No 1 intense a few months ago I asked this question specifically and was told it was the same as 'regular' No 1. The PdN site lists certain fragrances as 'intense' but doesn't have any other versions of them except the intense. No 1, Maharanih, Sacrebleu are a few of them. When I bought Maharanih last week at Scentbar in LA, the intense was the only version they have and it was the same price as the 'regular' version they used to sell.
    jtd

I ordered a sample so I will compare. I have a decant of the regular Sacrebleu and it doesnt last long enough because my skin soaks up everything. I've read a few reviews and what confused me and stopped me from ordering the Intense version, is that a few ppl even said that the Intense one isnt more Intense at all? better safe than sorry.
    chown -R us ./base

Lovely assistant at PdN shop in Paris told me the difference is that Sacrebleu is EdT and includes cinnamon, whereas Sacrebleu intense is an EdP and replaces the cinnamon with vanilla. The effect (comparing sacrebleu on paper to sacrebleu intense on skin) is to soften the former taking out the initial hard edge, but to lose some of the depth. Like flavouring a fine French patisserie custard with the original scent. Different, the choice is yours.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i tried both!

the difference is very noticable in top notes:intense is vanilla fruity, while original more citrusy
    then for anther 30 minutes intense is more sexy warm vanillalike, less cinamon and stronger! while original smells more cold, and woody to me
    after 2 hours they become identical, or original smell takes over, it holds structure better ,and they become almost identical!! so intense is noticably intense only at the beginning
    Last edited by iivanita; 3rd October 2012 at 02:16 PM.