Code of Conduct

Default Summer is coming. Which fragrance shall I choose?

Hi everyone.
    I'm 22 yr "sporty type" male and I'm looking for a fragrance that I will use in late spring/summer. It doesn't have to be very light and airy, just somethin not extremely offensive. I found a few fragrances that I can buy quite cheap and I would be grateful for some advice which to choose.

1. YSL Live Jazz - I hadn't opportunity to sniff it but people usually give this fragrance positive opinions. What I am afraid of is that it can be one of elder-like fragrances which completely doesn't fit me.

2. Masaki Matsushima Aqua mat - I liked this fragrance on paper but i have no idea how it develops. Overally i really enjoyed it despite the fact it was a bit feminine.

3. Masaki Matsushima M Men - I don't know anything about it besides "basenote reviews".

4. Hugo Boss Energise - Sometimes i like it, sometimes not. How many times I'm looking for a fragrance this one is taken into consideration but in fact I never choose it.
    Last edited by AiVaN; 18th April 2010 at 04:12 PM.

Default Re: Summer is coming. Which fragrance shall I choose?

Live Jazz is the perfect summer frag. But IMHO, my true favourite is Set Sail St. Barts by Tommy Bahama. Its the perfect frag for going to the beach, and you can buy quite cheap off many websites.

Hugo Boss Boss in motion, Boss in motion Black - nice for sporty person such as myself for instance...these two scents are really not bad.

Let me as you a question. Do you think that live jazz is really good idea for a young person? Many people have it and it's cheap. Maybe I should really give it a try?

D&G Light Blue
    Versace Pour Homme
    Monsieur Balmain

Any of the first three on your list are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AiVaN View Post
    1. YSL Live Jazz - I hadn't opportunity to sniff it but people usually give this fragrance positive opinions. What I am afraid of is that it can be one of elder-like fragrances which completely doesn't fit me.
    keep away from live jazz then! it's exactly a very elder-like,old school summer fragrance.i blind bought it last week,thankfully one of my friends liked it and i sold it to him.i've heard positive things about GF bergamotto marino which is quite cheap at strawberry nowadays but i haven't tested it...

If you want a very pleasant fragrance for late spring/summer that no one else will be wearing, with near perfect sillage and great longevity, I would recommend that you consider Blu Stremo by Carlo Corinto. The notes are:
    Top Notes: Grapefruit, Lemon, Water Fruits
    Middle Notes: Jasmine, Nutmeg, Guaiac Wood
    Base Notes: Cedarwood, Oak Moss, Sandalwood

Carlo Corinto has a nice interactive website. Check it out -----> http://www.carlocorinto.com/ . Language choice is at the bottom of the home page. Anyway, Blu Stremo is a real winner, and one which I would definitely recommend to a younger man in his twenties (I'm in my 50s). I bought it blind a few years ago, and it is one of my favorite summer fragrances.

I really don't think you can go wrong with live jazz.

Thanks for all replies. I decided to choose Live Jazz because I was curious how does this legend smell. I hope that you're right that and I can't go wrong with it. Even if not, it doesn't cost much.

one of my favorite summer fragrances is 212 Men. I find it to be a very good all-around fragrance as well

Try Roger Gallet Extra Vielle. It's THE perfect light summer fragrance. Very well-priced, too. It's been around for over 200 years. Must be good, right? Give it a try.

Cool Water, Versace Man Eau Fraļche, Versace pour Homme for example

Even something like Swiss Army Mountain Water should work, if you just want something reasonably "natural," technically competent, and "good for summer."

Sur la Plage

Live Jazz is an excellent choice IMO - much better than the plethora of run-of-the mill aquatics on the market.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Incorporate all four into your Summer rotation!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

I'm going to suggest New West by Aramis if you're on a budget, or Millesime Imperiale if you can afford to splash out a bit more.