Code of Conduct

Default Shortlisted niche aromatic, orientals and manly chypres "must haves"

I have been thinking about these lately, I guess the list can be endless. So in order to shortlist them we might consider only those included in the following families:

Aromatic fougeres
    Orientals (all options: woody and spicy, including whisky / bourbon notes)
    Chypres - manly ones

This rules out soliflores, acquatics, gourmands, and florals.

One more point: try to rule out unisex and women's scents, unless - as per your experience - you find this qualification is obvioulsy wrong.

Default Re: Shortlisted niche aromatic, orientals and manly chypres "must haves"

Truefitt & Hill Grafton - Aromatic Fougere
    Profumum Fumidus - Whiskey
    Idole de Lubin - Woody Booze
    Jubilation XXV - Spicy Incense

Dependent

Default Re: Shortlisted niche aromatic, orientals and manly chypres "must haves"

Pollux, have you tried Eau De Gloire from Parfum d'Empire? I am not sure if it is a Chypre by technical definition, but it certainly resembles one. It is listed as a lady's fragrance in the BN directory, but that is hugely misleading! This is definitely not one of those "men can wear too" feminine scents. This is one of the more masculine niche scents I've experienced. It does seem like something that you might enjoy....

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Pollux, have you tried Eau De Gloire from Parfum d'Empire? I am not sure if it is a Chypre by technical definition, but it certainly resembles one. It is listed as a lady's fragrance in the BN directory, but that is hugely misleading! This is definitely not one of those "men can wear too" feminine scents. This is one of the more masculine niche scents I've experienced. It does seem like something that you might enjoy....
    I am not a fan of chypres but I love Eau de Gloire. It's got such an unusual (for me at least) opening, but it's really a beautiful fragrance.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Pollux, have you tried Eau De Gloire from Parfum d'Empire? ...
    I havn't tried many niches so far, except for the usual Goutal's and the present day Creeds: I could detect Goutal's use of natural EOs for their fragrances denote clear development stages plus limited longevity. I realized this after trying local samples of organic perfumes, they share the same attributes, albeit the fact that Goutals' blends are so much more sophisticated in relation to the local ones.

Present day Creeds left me unimpressed for I could detect clear references to mainstream designer's scents - I even refer to these as upscale / high end designer's knock-offs, LOL.

Thus, my request has the intention of making a list of "to test" niches: some are obvious based on continous mentions, like SL's MKK, Ambre Sultan, Chergui, Fumerie Turc, MG&P Parfum D'Habit and Route de Vetiver, Mazzolari Lui, Creed's Bois de Portugal, Vintage Tabarome and Baies de Genievre, Goutal's Les Orientalists... But th there are many around that I don't know, so the reason for my post.

So, basically, thanks for your suggestions! I am adding these to my list.
    Last edited by Pollux; 20th April 2010 at 01:43 AM.