Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Bond No.9 Saks-en-Rose

From Minifroufrou.com:

Bond No 9 have once again partnered with New York city department store Saks Fifth Avenue to offer this time a homage to the classic of classics among flowers, the Rose. The new scent is called Saks-en-Rose (lit. "Saks in Pink" in French with a double entendre, "Saks in a rose perfume"). The previous comingling of the "uptown-downtown DNA of these two businesses" resulted in a memorable, for me, gardenia fragrance, Saks Fifth Avenue for Her and a men's cologne Saks Fifth Avenue for Him.

"Saks-en-Rose, as the eau de parfum will be known, marks a departure from your grandmother's rose. This is an ease-ful rose, self-possessed, future-oriented and multi-functional--beguiling on an evening out, informal over the weekend."...

Saks-en-Rose is said to feature "rarely used topnotes." Indeed, the head notes are no fleeting aromas resting on dry dates, Lantana leaves (a cousin of Verbena) and mace (a cousin of nutmeg.) The heart of the fragrance is "decidedly floral" with notes of pink roses, orris and tuberose (I also have "orange rose" in the press release on a different page.) The base notes mix a "feral" nuance of musk and "forest notes" of sandalwood and amber.

Launch date: April 19, 2010

Prices: $215 for 100ml; $145 for 50ml
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Bond No.9 Saks-en-Rose

I just picked this up for my wife today for Mother's Day. I have a feeling she'll like it, though the Saks SA gave me samples for her to try first just in case. I read a review that described it as a fruity, powdery rose scent, which I think describes it perfectly.