Code of Conduct

Default Did anyone have a good experience with buying GIT on eBay?

Yes I know I probably shouldn't. But there must be a couple of non-fakes out there. Unfortunately no fellow basenoters are selling it at the moment and I'm having a phase of F.A.S.
    I have a pretty good idea on how to spot a fakie. I was just wondering if anyone didn't get burned on eBay?

Default Re: Did anyone have a good experience with buying GIT on eBay?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/208...omparison-Pics
    Check someones feedback on toolhaus.org.
    Ebay user 'Allshewants' sells authentic creeds.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 19th April 2010 at 12:36 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Yeah I found this thread just now, thanks man. Makes me a little apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Yep, agree here. I've ordered Silver Mountain Water from them before and can confirm it was good.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

There are probably some sellers on eBay that are the real stuff, but I think it's an insane leap to try to bargain shop Creed there with all the issues.

Wow, the eBayer 'Allshewants' has an insane positive feedback score. She looks pretty legit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stoavio View Post
    Wow, the eBayer 'Allshewants' has an insane positive feedback score. She looks pretty legit to me.
    Doesn't have GIT unfortunately though

I bought 8 (may have been 6) sample vials for something like $16 off him/her (Allshewants), then just put them all into an atomiser... Its a much cheaper way to try it, and with the amount of fragrances I have the vials are still going to last me a while!
    Funnily enough my girlfriend prefers Cool Water, saying GIT has a 'flyspray' note. Maybe it was because I had just sprayed it on my wrist...
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

The easiest way to spot legit Creeds on the 'Bay is, basically, more often than not the more expensive ones (that are within 10% or so of the RRP) are the legit ones. Any that seem to be a steal are, more often than not, fakes. Obviously there are exceptions with both, but price should be your initial guide followed by what the bottle and top are like.

If you don't mind going without a box and cap, you could go for tester bottles. These are usually authentic, although you do run a chance of not getting fresh juice. I recently got testers of G.I.T. and Himalaya on eBay from a seller who got banned a few days after I bought them. This worried me of course, but the bottles came and were as described. As far as I can tell the juice in them is the same as the samples I've tried.

I've bought a couple of Creeds off of ebay. My approach was to buy testers. I can't remember which sellers, but I've never been burned. Also, check to see what other items they're selling. If they have like 10 bottle of GIT, I'd avoid. If they just have the one it's likely legit. The best advice has always been, though, to pay retail for Creed. If you're gonna spend $120, why not save another week and just pay $200. Considering you're going to have the bottle for a couple of years, it's worth the piece of mind. To me, anyway. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Doesn't have GIT unfortunately though
    They've listed 2 bottles here...Get them, quick....$124 incl. delivery within the US is a terrific price for a 4oz retail bottle...

http://cgi.ebay.com/GREEN-IRISH-TWEE...ht_2096wt_1165

I've smelled enough Creed bottles to conclude that it's never a safe bet buying a GIT (or Silver Mountain Water, Millesime Imperial etc.) blind. Even the authentic stuff smells different from batch to batch, I have a bunch of official samples of GIT and a 2.5oz bottle and they are all very similar but the differences are significant enough for me to love some and not wanna bother with others, yet they are all legit. I haven't been able to crack this mistery and I am starting to think that despite all the ridiculous marketology Creed uses the claims that the millesimes will differ with every production batch because of variations in natural ingredients used may actually have some merit. It's either that or they have no quality control department whatsoever.

My personal opinion - even thought the retail price of GIT is insane (especially here in Canada, a 4 oz bottle is $325 + 13% tax) I'd feel much better buying a bottle that I know going to smell divine than saving big bucks but getting a bottle with the contents that don't quite measure up to your "golden sample".

If you're willing to accept the risk, why not just order from FragranceX or FragranceNet? Their prices are reasonable, even better with discount coupons you can find on the net and they will take the bottle back if you're not happy. For the record, I've got a bottle of absolutely vile GIT from FragranceNet, but the Millesime Imperial that arrived in the same order is perfect.
    Last edited by Igor01; 19th April 2010 at 09:28 PM.