Code of Conduct

Default Royal Copenhagen - reformulated?

I've liked this in the past. In looking at the reviews, I see positive comments from 2008, but negative comments in 2010. Just wondering if RC has in fact been redesigned - (?)

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Royal Copenhagen - reformulated?

Welcome to BaseNotes, WNY_guy.

This thread should help.

Reformulated, maybe, but still very good.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

It must have been reformulated, it has been more than two decades since its release: in that span of time some ingredients vanished, became more expensive, natural oils have been replaced by synthetical ones, tastes changed, etc. etc, all reason ground for changes in the formula.

Still, if you are into traditional musky / powdery fragrances, this one is for you.

Thanks, everyone - I can't believe how quick & responsive this group is!

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    It must have been reformulated, it has been more than two decades since its release: in that span of time some ingredients vanished, became more expensive, natural oils have been replaced by synthetical ones, tastes changed, etc. etc, all reason ground for changes in the formula.

Still, if you are into traditional musky / powdery fragrances, this one is for you.

Yes, very very powdery and sweet.

I dug out my vintage variant and compared them. The biggest difference is it is weaker. Much weaker. A spritz or two of the old variant is good, the new stuff you practically have to slather it all over to get the same effect. The smell is very similar even if it has been refoumlated. The biggest difference is the punch. Because it is so much weaker you notice more of the subtle notes up front and it cuts into the longevity. If you're looking for what it use to smell like from start to finish just buy a large quantity (it is plenty cheap) and wear a lot. I wore the current variant to work today. Think of it this way. A spray or two of the old version or a very very liberal splash of the current version. The problem is the barrier is small, it can be overbearing if you overapply it, but at the same time if you don't apply enough the new version lacks something compared to the old version. I've been playing around with it, so I've got it pretty much down to where enough is like the old version but not too much to be oppressive. I always think of it as being spicy and powdery.