Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 19 April-10

WAKEY WAKEY all Up early due to having the last week of lessons this schoolyear. Still very much a feeling of winther outside...but I'm in the summery Crystal Noir today! Have a nice start of the week everyone.

Default SotD Monday 19 April

Good morning!

Still stuck with the very lovely Guerlain L'Heure Bleue

Happy Monday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 19 April

Daphne
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD Monday 19 April

Terre d'Hermes for me today. I never really rated this scent until recently. I can't decide whether I prefer the Parfum or the EDT.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: SotD Monday 19 April-10

My SOTD is Montale Red Vetyver. Have a great Monday!

Notes include vetiver from Haiti, Moroccan cedarwood, patchouli, grapefruit, elemi and black pepper from Madagascar.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 19 April-10

OR BLACK

Pascal Morabito
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

cc attribution: Romaine Girod

L'Occitane Eau D'Iparie, which is growing me as one of those suitable for all occasions but unusual scents. Rather like a mossy dry stone wall running through a meadow on a sunny day.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Oooooo. Petra! Luvvin' that photo!

Greeting the day in Eau de New York....
    Neroli, white lily, vetiver Fast-paced fruits, flowers, and greens whose effervescent scent molecules positively whiz through the air. (from the site).....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

Rapture by Victoria Secret for today.

"Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked.

"Wherever one wants to be kissed,"replied Coco Chanel.

Cartier Delice.

Loving it!

Basenotes Plus

Cadolle No 9. I snagged a mini on Ebay, and am I ever glad. What a beautifully rich floriental it is, with a lovely powdery note, very much like vintage face powder. A shame that it's all but impossible to come by.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Ummmmmm. Mitsouko!

I've been MIA for a few days, dealing with insomnia-related issues. Now on a different medication that is NOT a sleeping pill. Fairly decent sleep last night.

Wearing Bandit to start off the week. Grabbed DK Chaos for later this afternoon.

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Chergui for me.

Obsession for Women this morning.

Happy Monday, all.

Blog Entries

Pierre Bonnard, 1941-6
    Creed - Royal Water

Charming, refreshing, gently stimulating - the herbs and spices welcome the day.
    A clean tingle tickles my nose throughout the day. Peppermint, light as a snowflake.

Notes: Fresh citrus infusion with peppermint, Juniper berry, basil, musk, ambergris
    Last edited by kumquat; 19th April 2010 at 01:41 PM.

YES YES YES dear scent- twin,I craved for BANDIT too, this morning, a little cloudy-or the ash from the volkano upon Europe?- even if I digged it in the closet 2 days ago, as considerin a " winter " scent. I spritzed some HERMES sur le Nil on the top to cheer it up.I do this sin with Bandit all the time, it 's my fragrance secret.Happy week every body!

Cool and cloudy here after night rain - Cuir de Lancome for me today.
    I'm hopping along on a brand new ankle sprain from my tennis on Saturday - errrr, never had one before. Swollen and ugly, and it sure hinders my movement. Spent Sunday on the couch with my foot up on a pillow. Exciting.

Hello everybody!

I'm in Ineke's Balmy Days & Sundays today - fresh and green, softly floral and very pretty!

Top: freesia, leafy greens, grass
    Middle: honeysuckle, rose, mimosa
    Base: chypre accent, musk

tdem1961 - I haven't thought of it in ages, but I remember Cadolle No.9! Beautiful and luxurious face powder is what I recall it, too. I think Dawn Spencer Hurwitz has a version of it, but I've never tried it...and maybe Irma Shorell recreated it at one time also. Anyway, how fortunate you are to have found the original - enjoy it!

Yikes, cello - owie! Sending healing vibes your way. Now you take care, and stay off that foot!

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 19th April 2010 at 01:58 PM.

Banana Republic ~ Slate

Evangeline: I just ordered a bottle of Balmy Days last night! Isn't it just the perfect spring scent: green and hopeful?

Today I am wearing another spring favorite: Diorella!

Basenotes Plus

{{{{{{{{cello}}}}}}}}}}
    @Lessa, I hope this med works out better fo you. Believe me, I understand.

My daughter & I are just back from an early morning visit to the emergency room. She "may" be having a reaction/interaction between medications. More followup later today. Scared us both.

I just spritzed some L'Artisan La Haie Fleurie du Hameau. This is a huge floral on me....maybe a tad too much for today. "Notes: jasmine, orange blossom, narcissus, ylang-ylang Perfumer: Jean-Claude Ellena" from L'Artisan's website.

Must add this update: Bella (kitten) LOVES this fragrance. Ever since I put it on, she's been next to me, purring & head butting my left arm.
    Last edited by RHM; 19th April 2010 at 03:14 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Evangeline: I just ordered a bottle of Balmy Days last night! Isn't it just the perfect spring scent: green and hopeful?

It is hopeful, isn't it? I love it. It's so tranquil and calming for being a green and fresh sort of scent....not too vivacious or zesty, if you know what I mean. And it lasts a surprisingly long time! She makes quality stuff, that Ineke.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 19th April 2010 at 02:47 PM.

Cello – ouch! I'm sorry. Lessa – it's good to see you! Petra, Kumquat, and Evangeline – your photos are beautiful and your fragrances all sound just lovely!

I am trying KenzoAir (the EDT) for the first time. This fragrance was created by Maurice Roucel in 2003. Listed notes include anise, bergamot, Haitian vetiver, amber, and woods.

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm just loving this fragrance! For any fans of anise and vetiver out there, this is a MUST try!
    Last edited by Haunani; 19th April 2010 at 02:54 PM.

La nuit de l'homme

Lalique Encre Noire.

Enjoy the day!
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Basenotes Institution

Cello - rest that ankle and be better soon.
    Lessa - - I'm glad you slept well last night.
    RHM -HUGS and thoughts.

This morning I am wearing Comme des Garcons Champaca from a sample.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

So many beautiful pictures accompaning the fragrances.

The lovely Shem-el-Nessim from Grossmith is my scent today.

Basenotes Institution

Turtle Vetiver Exercise No. 1 by Les Nez (from a sample)

Gosh I love this stuff. Today I got a whiff of cucumber peel, right when I sprayed it on.

Caron Eau de Reglisse

Odalisque by Parfums de Nicolaï

Today I am being worn by (spillage) Pecksniff's excrutiatingly named Naughty.

This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Cello - rest that ankle and be better soon.
    Lessa - - I'm glad you slept well last night.
    RHM -HUGS and thoughts.

This morning I am wearing Comme des Garcons Champaca from a sample.
    DITTO ON ALL OF THE ABOVE, SENDING POSITIVE VIBES TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE SUFFERING

mysticknot, do tell what you think of the Champaca. This is one that I will be seeking very soon.

SotD for the morning is Lili Bermuda Petals EDT: notes are night blooming honeysuckle, sparkling seringa, watery orange blossom, jasmine sambac, refreshing clementine and white musk. I find it a tad too soapy for my taste.
    Last edited by *bloomy*; 19th April 2010 at 05:21 PM.

Cello, get better soon, Lessa, keep sleeping well, and (((((RHM))))). . . . Evangeline, your description of Balmy Days & Sundays has officially put me over the edge. I believe that I will be sampling that scent before the month is out. Wearing Le Temps d'une Fete today, which is also a stunning green floral, btw. Take care, all.

Blog Entries

I dumped almost a 1/3 of a 1.5 ml sample of CnR Create Aries on my arm to give it a final longevity test.

I tried several of these perfumes and I tend to like their smell, but all the ones I've tried seem to vanish from my skin in two hours. It's now or never, I'm going to finally find out if I just need to apply more!

Evangeline, isn't Balmy Days and Sundays nice? I was pleasantly surprised by it. here's something green but with a lazy attitude rather than jolt of energy other greens tend to give me.

Mr. G, what a beautiful picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Evangeline, your description of Balmy Days & Sundays has officially put me over the edge. I believe that I will be sampling that scent before the month is out.
    Oh pooh! I'd love to send you some of mine, but I only have a decant with me here and I won't be back to my bottle for several weeks yet. But honestly, you really should get the complete sampler library anyway - it's perfectly charming and you can apply its cost ($25) to the purchase of a full bottle!

Warum - yes, "lazy" is a good word for it.

(ditto on the sampler, it's really nice..)

SOTD is Dzongkha plus Kyoto...

Therese and Evangeline -- Balmy Days was my Early-Afternoon-Scent yesterday (not to be confused with my morning, late afternoon, or evening scents :-)
    Sending healing thoughts to Cello and sleepy vibes to Lessa!
    Last edited by C Rose; 19th April 2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling

C Rose - I find that a day can be divided into seven distinct timeblocks when I'm feeling fickle - morning, late morning, afternoon, late afternoon, early evening, evening and bedtime. I find wet chores to do if the last scent needs some help disappearing - usually washing dishes or lingerie - then I'm on to the next!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 20th April 2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    C Rose - I find that a day can be divided into seven disctinct timeblocks when I'm feeling fickle - morning, late morning, afternoon, late afternoon, early evening, evening and bedtime. I find wet chores to do if the last scent needs some help disappearing - usually washing dishes or lingerie - then I'm on to the next!
    Hi Evangeline! Glad it's not just me being fickle all day!
    My day typically breaks down as:
    Coffee in bed (this is usually Hiris for some reason)
    Morning (this is the one usually listed as my SOTD)
    Afternoon
    Evening
    and Reading in bed (usually Carnal Flower or Iris Poudre)

(I don't need the wet chores as the fragrances dissipate all by themselves, usually!)

Basenotes Plus

Started out making it through mournful monday in lovely Guerlain Apres L'Ondee EDT. It's gone now (note to self- must make decant for touch-ups and save up for the parfum) and have switched to Lolita Lempicka Fleurs de Corail until tonight

Paloma Picasso for me today

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Lessa, I can relate, having had a peculiar past 24 hours. Hoping to get back on track tonight. See you in dreamland.
    Dear me, what a fret, RHM. If daughter can stand a hug, give her one from me.
    Don't believe I've said a proper welcome to Warum: Welcome!
    Many nice photo finds again today, mes amis.
    Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    I'm hopping along on a brand new ankle sprain from my tennis on Saturday - errrr, never had one before. Swollen and ugly, and it sure hinders my movement. Spent Sunday on the couch with my foot up on a pillow.
    Ah, but did you win?

You Balmy Days converts have me pulling out the sample vial. Hmmm. Either I'm not quite girly enough or Highland Lilac simply casts a more floral impression for me.

Trying Macchia Mediterranea layered with Black Vetyver Cafe. Not bad at all, and I think I can transition from here to Cadjmere later on.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by *bloomy* View Post
    [B]mysticknot, do tell what you think of the Champaca. This is one that I will be seeking very soon.
    I love CdG Champaca - it's a luscious ,unusual floral , warm flower perfume,exotic,creamy and a little spicey ,rounded ,a bit of tuberose ,abit of pepper in it.It also smells much like jonquil. It's not loud but it lasts . I think it's 15 % concentration EDP . Very lovely, quality - one of its kind to me. It's a personal scent I think - not in terms of sillage - but to me Champaca means exotic lands, hindu temples, flower corsages in a hot climate ,yoga,vedanta and spirituality. It also reminds me of the jonquil in Vol de Nuit.

Galamb Borong loves it too and he has his own reasons for loving the smell too !

This afternoon, I am terribly tired and everything has caught up with me. I have yet to choose a scent to wear and I think I need to lie down ! Racked with insomnia lately .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Today has been all about Amazone (the vintage juice.) another cool, damp day, rice paddy weather, warmer but not by much this afternoon. And there I was luxuriating in green with a touch of tropical floral chypre splendor!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 19th April 2010 at 10:26 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Égoïste

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Don't believe I've said a proper welcome to Warum: Welcome!
    Thank you, Quarry, I received such worm welcomes during my first week here, I feel very much at home! How lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    You Balmy Days converts have me pulling out the sample vial. Hmmm. Either I'm not quite girly enough or Highland Lilac simply casts a more floral impression for me.
    Well, first thanks for mentioning Highland Lilac -- I went ahead and ordered a sample to wait for along with my TPC order of lilac samples!
    But then, are you thinking about Ineke's lilac scent? That's her A, After My Own Heart, and she confirmed that she meant it as a lilac soliflore. Balmy Days and Sundays has a more grassy feel to me, with sweetness of honeysuckle. Just curious.

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    But then, are you thinking about Ineke's lilac scent? That's her A, After My Own Heart, and she confirmed that she meant it as a lilac soliflore. Balmy Days and Sundays has a more grassy feel to me, with sweetness of honeysuckle. Just curious.
    Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Or, as we tend to say near Milwaukee: yah, yah, yah, yah. Good catch, W! And I have a hard time picking up honeysuckle notes, so I'm probably not grasping the full effect of Balmy-D.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Lancome Hypnose Senses today.

RHM, please tell DD that Matt is filming for the next Storm Chasers starting this week (if the weather cooperates, that is). Hope that cheers her up and that she is feeling better ...

cello, hope your ankle is feeling better too ... and all you insomniacs get some needed sleep soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    Caron Eau de Reglisse
    Would that be the Licorice? (I am in a love/hate relationship with that one.)

And... heal soon! (and RICE) to cello's ouchy (yeah, did ya win?) that's not fun... sleepy-time-tea for those who aren't... and all round hugs.

And oh... darn... forgot to wave hi at everyone, wish those who had birthdays over the weekend HB ...

And to warum... find some unscented moisturizer (I even use expeller-pressed coconut oil as it has no coconut smell and is cheaper than a tube of unscented whatever) and moisturize the heck out of your skin before you apply. I have to do this and it does seem to help the longevity some.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 20th April 2010 at 12:23 AM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Good evening, folks!

You all smell wonderful today!

My SOTD was Cabaret by Gres!

Warum, I know we have already welcomed you, but I just wanted to mention that I like your style and your descriptions make me alert. I think it is a very high praise. I would like to get one like that once in a while.

Evangeline, Balmy Days and Sundays was the only one of the whole line of 4 -- back then! -- worth trying. Please enjoy it. (I smiled reading about "wet chores" and thought "dishes and sinks" as applicable to us here.)

Good vibes to cello, 30R., and all of you.

I have been working at work and sleeping at home. My tooth is bothering me again only now it is a dull sort of You-Know-What-To-Do pain that drives me batty. Wearing XerJoff feminine fragrances -- like 3 each day -- and falling hard for Ibitira. How much harder do I have to work now to be able to buy the full bottle?

Poor Lessa! I hope you can kick that insomnia. Argh!
    I hope you feel better soon, cello.
    Big hugs to RHM and also Twolf...

Mondays kinda suck, don't they?

Welcome mariabar! I am intrigued by your layering strategy!

SOTD: Chanel No. 19 (parfum)

Either the ******* A/C is going on/off OR I'm getting sick OR menopause has arrived a few years early. WTH
    Anyhow, the tiny dab of No. 19 stands up well to sweat...

Love and hugs to all..

Blog Entries

actiasluna, thanks! That's a great idea! Would you mind PMing me what you use and where you get it? I find it hard to get anything unscented -- lots of things that are marketed unscented actually smell to me, and not necessarily in the most pleasant way. But coconut oil sounds promising, especially since it doesn't seem to have coconut smell!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Warum, I know we have already welcomed you, but I just wanted to mention that I like your style and your descriptions make me alert. I think it is a very high praise. I would like to get one like that once in a while.
    Wow, thanks, high praise indeed! Thank you so much. I loooove talking about perfumes, what they smell like, how they make me feel, and if a free association/image/song come in, I share it but I'm not searching for them consciously. I live in my head a lot and I want to keep perfume in more sensory realm of my life. I write more in my BN blog to make my SOTD posts shorter
    Last edited by Warum; 20th April 2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: typo

Declaration Cartier Pour Homme
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Evangeline, Balmy Days and Sundays was the only one of the whole line of 4 -- back then! -- worth trying. Please enjoy it. (I smiled reading about "wet chores" and thought "dishes and sinks" as applicable to us here.)
    So you're another one who is not impressed by Chemical Bonding - how can this be??
    I have Evening Edged in Gold and Field Notes From Paris at the top of my list for late summer...I take it you haven't tried these? I'm actually doing my best to talk myself out of things at the moment, so if you have any bad-mouthing to do about them it would be most appreciated!

Good luck with that tooth Wolfie - I can hardly think of a more nagging pain than toothache! Hugs to you!!

Hello all!!

Best wishes for the week to get better. Mondays are icky! There must be something in the air because I could not sleep last night and today I was out of it all day.

Today I wore the very beautiful Eau de Patou, inspired by Gupts.

(((RHM, cello, Lessa, Twolf)))
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    ...Evangeline, your description of Balmy Days & Sundays has officially put me over the edge...
    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Today has been all about Amazone (the vintage juice) another cool, damp day, rice paddy weather, warmer but not by much this afternoon. And there I was luxuriating in green with a touch of tropical floral chypre splendor!
    You two have me lusting after these greenies!

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    ...Either the ******* A/C is going on/off OR I'm getting sick OR menopause has arrived a few years early. WTH
    Anyhow, the tiny dab of No. 19 stands up well to sweat...
    And YOU have me giggling. It's gotta be an A/C problem, RDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    ...I live in my head a lot and I want to keep perfume in more sensory realm of my life...
    Warum, this is very interesting. I think there might be a few (or more) of us like this. There is something about sniffing delectables on my wrist... perhaps it helps keep me in balance!