Code of Conduct

Default seeking info on vtg Brigand by Robert Piguet, 1947 (see more in text)

I have a vintage (late 40s, my guess) splash bottle of Brigand. It states on the bottle that it is the Amerian issue of the same scent known as Bandit (1944) in the rest of the world. Are these two indeed the same scent?

Thanks.

Default Re: seeking info on vtg Brigand by Robert Piguet, 1947 (see more in text)

Resurrecting this thread because this afternoon I came across, and promptly bought, a half-full bottle of Brigand parfum. The bottom carries the sticker mentioned above. I ignored the different name: did Bandit scare Americans? In any case, it is clearly Bandit, in its vintage parfum form.

The current edp is gorgeous too, and one of my favorite perfumes. But this one is even darker, with more moss and leather. (It is also less green and floral, but it's hard to know whether this is due to evaporation). I can see Turin's comment that the current Bandit is a touch cleaner than it was. In any case, a marvel, in vintage or current form. It makes me want to buy the current parfum, which I have never smelled.

cacio