Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: help me chose a fragrance my ocd/ clean freak girlfriend would like on me (i have a list)

It's not on your list but...

I have received many comments/compliments wearing Oxford & Cambridge by Czech & Speake. Many of these compliments involve the person mentioning how clean I/it smells. Maybe this would work?

Default Re: help me chose a fragrance my ocd/ clean freak girlfriend would like on me (i have a list)

Since your girlfriend bought you Clinque Happy it gives a general idea of what types of fragrances she would like. I'm willing to bet she likes light, clean, citrus and strays from the spicier heavy scents. Judging from that here's a list according to her taste I think she would enjoy.

Prada Infusion D'Homme - clean, fresh soap
    Mugler Cologne - fresh green irish spring soap
    Clean French Milled Soap - the only worthwhile fragrance of the Clean series, and this smells pretty good, despite it being marketed to women it's unisex
    L'eau D'iossey - complex, citrusy, fresh, slightly floral and veyr long lasting
    Chrome - musky floral with slight citrus
    Light Blue Pour Femme - despite it being marketed towards women it has a masculine feel and many men wear it. clean fresh lemon laundry

Some I wouldn't recommend would be

Rive Gauche - more mature barbershop smell
    Gendarme - clean but rather boring
    Prada Amber - feminine smelling hotel soap

I tried keeping the fragrances relatively inexpensive since Clinque Happy is.

I agree with fellow BNers who suggested Infusion d' Homme (Infusion de Vetiner is pretty much along the same lines) and Mugler Cologne.

If you haven't tried it yet, Green Water will work fine for what you are looking for.

But there are lots of other "clean freak" gifrlriend friendly scents to recommend. You could try Mugler Cologne (green vetiver), or Heely Menthe Fraische (complex mint), or Allure Homme Cologne Sport (grapefruit sherbert), and also I really like the new Nightscape (sparkling, cold patchouli) by Ulrich Lang.

silver mountain water or Himalaya are good both are Creed, even orange spice might work.

Also (I'm sure some have thought this)... consider what YOU like. If it ain't pleasing to you, then don't bother. Accommodation is good, but to thine own self be true.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I have pretty severe OCD, and I'm not quite sure I understand how it relates to the fragrances you wear? I definitely understand the clean-freak idea, but I've never really thought about the visual obsessions, somehow translating into olfactory obsessions? But, I suppose if you're looking for something impeccably clean, you can't go wrong with Gendarme, which for me is a very soothing scent (perhaps it would ease her OCD moments?), and for something else, try to sample Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 21st April 2010 at 01:14 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

/\ +1 Gendarme is soothing, comforting, and clean. All natural ingredients as well.

Also (I'm sure some have thought this)... consider what YOU like. If it ain't pleasing to you, then don't bother. Accommodation is good, but to thine own self be true.
    yup i agree! i don't wear what i like when i'm with her though since i love powerbombs or stinkbombs. i also love deliberately offensive stuff and those that enter the room before you do descriptions. the purchases i'm considering for me are van cleef and arpels pour homme, acier aluminium, muscs koublai khan, l'air de rein, annick goutal musc nomade. i also like cheap and vulgar (good vulgar) frags like azzaro ph and aqua velva musk.

Basenotes Member

LOL muscs koublai khan or Musc Ravageur would be exposure therapy.... Nail polish stinks pretty bad, maybe you could risk turning it up a notch or two?!