Code of Conduct

Thread: prada amber

Default prada amber

hi everyone! i'm thinking about using amber(as the formal scent) alongside versace man eau fraiche(as the casual one) this summer.do u think it's suitable for hot weather? or can it be cloying? (note : summers are +30 C degrees in my city)

Default Re: prada amber

Personally I find prada amber quite a light amber fragrance and think it would be fine for warmer weather

i find prada a little heavy for weather that is too hot. i think it's more for temp that's not to hot or cold.. just a nice day..

Have you tried it? After a couple of wearings, there was this soapy and throat "tickling" quality that I found to be just too irritating.

It's a very light and clean sweet scent that would be fine for warmer days, IMO.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I would think it's fine but it's a bit sweet and may be a bit cloying because of that. However it's so light that I don't think you'd have any problem. Have you tried Infusion d'Homme? It's more citrusy and seems a bit lighter to my nose so that may work better. Maybe you could try both of them on separate arms and test them
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

first of all,thanks for all comments! i tried amber last winter and found it just great for my gusta and i was planning to add it to my autumn&winter rotation next year. but while arranging my spring&summer rotation (group-a) i needed a comparably formal frag alongside versace eau fraiche and i thought amber would fit the bill. i also have trussardi python uomo,bvlgari ph,gai mattiolo uomo,boss elements aqua but none of them is that "formal&semi-formal summer signature" which i'm looking for(i'm not sure if sth like this exists). i tried many class scents including xs,live jazz,chic,burberry classic,bvlgari soir,eternity,platinium egoiste,eau sauvage,silver shadow+altitude,intuition,pleasures,l'eau d'issey+intense,kenzo ph,chrome (which gave me headaches), sculpture,infusion d'homme (which i found nice but probably not the signature i'm looking for,nevertheless i'll try it again),rochas man,zegna series and many more but none of them made me say "yes,that's it!" ... i need a potential signature summer scent which has good longetivity, avarage and above sillage which will not be cloying around 30-35C degrees...any suggestion will be highly appreciated!

come on guys,sth like a less snob egoiste platinum,that's what i need...do i ask too much? looking forward to ur replies...

Have you tried L'eau Par Kenzo or the Indigo version? I picked up a sample of both of them at Sephora and they're lovely! Both very light and great for summer; Indigo is a bit heavier, deeper, and maybe more fruity.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

el_payo, I think you should check out V&R's Antidote. It's a wonderful light oriental that perfectly straddles the casual/formal divide as well as the light/heavy divide. It's one of my favorite 'all purpose' scents.

Another that you may have overlooked is Versace PH. This is like a more mature, more elegant, and more refined Acqua Di Gio. An AdG for grown ups, basically. Has a wonderful, slightly oriental/woody drydown with a nice cedar note and some very dry oud.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Have you tried L'eau Par Kenzo or the Indigo version? I picked up a sample of both of them at Sephora and they're lovely! Both very light and great for summer; Indigo is a bit heavier, deeper, and maybe more fruity.
    l'eau par smells awesome but it has no staying power nor sillage unfortunately (on me at least) :S

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    el_payo, I think you should check out V&R's Antidote. It's a wonderful light oriental that perfectly straddles the casual/formal divide as well as the light/heavy divide. It's one of my favorite 'all purpose' scents.

Another that you may have overlooked is Versace PH. This is like a more mature, more elegant, and more refined Acqua Di Gio. An AdG for grown ups, basically. Has a wonderful, slightly oriental/woody drydown with a nice cedar note and some very dry oud.
    u r right indeed,versace ph may be what i'm looking for! how about versace man or l'homme when u take into consideration that i'll couple it with versace eau fraiche?

L'Homme would work better as an all around scent than Versace Man, which is kind of a strange mix of grape, amber and tobacco (I think that Romance Silver does the grape/tobacco thing WAY better, although I primarily think of Romance Silver as a summer evening scent, and while it's more versatile than that it just does *so well* on summer evenings that it seems weird to wear it any other time).

L'Homme is a bit more dated/mature smelling though, especially compared to Eau Fraiche. I think Versace PH is far more modern smelling - it smells just as modern as Eau Fraiche but just more dense, more elegant, and more suited to many occasions. I also find that Versace PH is one of the few citrus heavy scents that really work in winter for me.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

if longevity&sillage are good enough,ph looks to be what i've been looking for! i'll test it soon...really thanks for ur help SculptureOfSoul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by el_payo View Post
    hi everyone! i'm thinking about using amber(as the formal scent) alongside versace man eau fraiche(as the casual one) this summer.do u think it's suitable for hot weather? or can it be cloying? (note : summers are +30 C degrees in my city)
    i have both and i think you can wear them both year round if you wanted to, although that versace is better, imo, in warmer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    i have both and i think you can wear them both year round if you wanted to, although that versace is better, imo, in warmer weather.
    so versace is the winner! looking forward to testing it again,i'll give feedback in a few days...thank u all,friends!!!

Quote Originally Posted by el_payo View Post
    so versace is the winner! looking forward to testing it again,i'll give feedback in a few days...thank u all,friends!!!
    Cool. You should be able to find Versace at discounters. That is where I picked up my bottle, I love the cool blue bottle, and the scent. I wore it in Maui and got more compliments on it than wearing erolfa, which costs like 4 times as much.

Why not go with Acqua di Parma Colonnia Assoluta? It's light, can be formal and is a beautifully constructed fragrance.

Failing that, 3rd Man de Caron would be a good choice.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...