Code of Conduct

Default Surprised with Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme

Whats up people.

Yesterday i decided to check my local TJMax after reading the thread about Marshalls/TJMax.

I ended up not finding too much, and i blind picked the following three:

RL Romance Silver (14.99 for a 1.7oz)
    Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme (12.99 for 1.7oz)
    Oscar De La Renta for men (9.99 for 3.3oz)

At first i was set off by the strong fruity Fig scent and i wasn't too sure how to wear it.

Today was a nice day out and i decided to give it a go. It smells much better on me then what it smells like from the bottle.

I received compliments from two girls in my morning class and from the teacher (woman)

I think its a very unique smell that not many wear. Its light and not too over powering as it may seem at first, but it can be very cloying if too much is applied (must go light with this one)

It can be a very good summer fragrance and even a nice subtle evening one.
    I think it is best at spring/summer weather when it isn't too hot.

Default Re: Surprised with Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme

I like it but I wish there was something strong in the base, like leather (compare to Everlast Original 1910, for example), so that's why I put my bottle on my swap list.

I'm definitely a fan.

I wore Salvatore Ferragamo today actually, and have been using it since it first came out. I was a fan of Davidoff's Good Life till this one was released, then whenever I wore Good Life, I always felt that it was missing something - namely the extra spicy bit that is in Salvatore Ferragamo.

I have had a problem with it, however. It is the only bottle I own where the spray nozzle stopped working totally. I had to break off its top and transfer the content to another bottle.

Renato

I also was surprised with SFPH, mainly by how classic it is, not falling into usual boring designer scent trends (e.g., "it's fresh, it's sporty, it's fruity, it's woody, etc...").

I do smell the fig, but I consider it more of a sweet vetiver scent. The vetiver is very prominent to my nose. Excellent frag, even if it's not the most unique.
    Last edited by shamu1; 21st April 2010 at 04:01 PM.

Yes, I guess it's that I'm not a big vetiver fan that I can't appreciate it as much as others do.

I love it. Want more kick? Layer it over a stronger vetiver and get the best of both.

I'm also a fan of this one. Nice woods with fig. I don't know why it's so ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I like it but I wish there was something strong in the base, like leather (compare to Everlast Original 1910, for example), so that's why I put my bottle on my swap list.
    Bigs ... if you still got it , you should try adding some leather to it , really nice !!

My mom and sister love it so much they wear it lol, girls love it. Ferragamo Black I dont like as much

Folks, I love Davidoff's Good Life! Renato said above that SFPH is a nicer version of it but shamu1 considers it a sweet vetyver type!
    I'm confused... If It's really like Good Life I'll buy it blind. If It's sweet vetyver as, beckham Instinct, It's not my cup of tea anymore...

I used to wear SFPH in 2000-2001 and I remember that SFPH really had a leather in the base...from Fragrantica:

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Pierre Mary. Top notes are cyclamen, caraway, african geranium, fig leaf, grapefruit, neroli and brazilian rosewood; middle notes are carnation, orris root, jasmine, rose and cardamom; base notes are leather, sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

I don't know what it is..but everytime I wear it....after an hour it gives me somekind of mysterious sexy feeling....exotic....

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    Folks, I love Davidoff's Good Life! Renato said above that SFPH is a nicer version of it but shamu1 considers it a sweet vetyver type!
    I'm confused... If It's really like Good Life I'll buy it blind. If It's sweet vetyver as, beckham Instinct, It's not my cup of tea anymore...
    I wish I could give you a definitive answer in regards to the vetiver in Ferragamo PH. I have lots of vetiver scents that I like (Guerlain's, Villoresi, Etro, Carven, Roccobarocco, Azzaro Pure Vetiver), but I've nearly used up a whole bottle of Lanvin's Vetiver and while I like it, I can't honestly say I ever really noticed any vetiver in it. So I may have a blind spot with subtle vetiver.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I wish I could give you a definitive answer in regards to the vetiver in Ferragamo PH. I have lots of vetiver scents that I like (Guerlain's, Villoresi, Etro, Carven, Roccobarocco, Azzaro Pure Vetiver), but I've nearly used up a whole bottle of Lanvin's Vetiver and while I like it, I can't honestly say I ever really noticed any vetiver in it. So I may have a blind spot with subtle vetiver.
    Regards,
    Renato
    HI Renato! It's a pleasure to talk to you again! After sometime without entering the forum, I'm slowly coming back...
    I was a bit surprised I hadn't seen any old "basenotes-pal" yet!
    Well, my main question regarding to SFph: Is it a sweet fragrance? (It's summer here and It's as hot as hell! No way of using anything stuffy or sweet)

Salvatore Ferragamo PH is a designer fragrance that I recommend. An inexpensive woody fig fragrance with good longevity, especially for the cost. : )
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    HI Renato! It's a pleasure to talk to you again! After sometime without entering the forum, I'm slowly coming back...
    I was a bit surprised I hadn't seen any old "basenotes-pal" yet!
    Well, my main question regarding to SFph: Is it a sweet fragrance? (It's summer here and It's as hot as hell! No way of using anything stuffy or sweet)
    Yes, indeed it's good to catch up again. Sorry for the tardy reply, but Basenotes was off-line earlier today.
    Well, I sprayed Salvatore on one arm and Good Life on the other, and to my nose each was equally unsweet.
    Both are fairly fresh scents that I mainly wear in warm to hot weather.

How hot is your hot weather?
    Here we've had a pretty cool summer, two warm to hot days a week and only hitting 40C once this season (as opposed to our scorcher summer two years where we hit 40 many times and even 47C). Last night it bucketed down 150mm of rain and we've had flooding and lakes everywhere today.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Yes, not many people know this fragrance is fantastic. It also has very good longevity and sillage. Especially show its
    attraction in hot weather. So smooth and attractive!

I love it, but it's a bit weak in the dry down, IMO. Needs more wood, or leather, or a little bit of both. Frankly, it turns a little feminine on me after a while.

This scent never grew on me the few times I remember trying it.