Default Re: SotD Wednesday 21 April

I'm not going anywhere this morning, so I can experiment;

On my left arm I have
    On my right arm I have
    vintage POISON, simply
    DIOR COLOGNE BLANCHE
    because it's so damn divine!
    because I need to get use to it!

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 21st April 2010 at 07:16 AM.

I am working late today, so time for a self-indulgent browse on Basenotes
    now that the family have gone to work and the breakfast is done with.
    I have a tiny bit of Aomassai left from a sample and will use that up I
    think. Wish I could afford a full bottle!

By the way Twolf, you were right in what you said about the grammar rules
    yesterday! My son is 21 and he still insists on saying "brought " when he means "bought."
    Brought is the past tense of bring and bought the past tense of of buy, if you see what I mean!!
    Some of the football commentators over here have a bad habit of saying "he played great" instead of "well,"
    or even "the boy done good." No wonder our kids have poor grammar!!
    Last edited by kewart; 21st April 2010 at 08:21 AM.
    Currently wearing: Cristobal by Balenciaga

Business travel, very long day, dress to impress: Vintage Tabarome.

Basenotes Plus

Another day in Eau de Merveilles.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

The volcanic cloud shifted long enough for my samples of Andy Tauer's fragrances to arrive yesterday and Vero Kern's today!

Yesterday I was completely blown away by a desert wind , and today I am trying Rubj.

Am I nuts that I am getting a Giorgio vibe from Rubj???

I'm wearing CoCo Chanel perfume today.

It's so hot in here. No, really! It feels like mid-summer and the air condition in my office is not working, so yeah, Coco is too much in this weather!
    This morning while I was desperately moving every single decimeter on the way to work in rush hour, my perfume flourished amongst of all the smoke from the vehicles on the street and dust and heat and everything... Enough said!
    Though at the moment it's already dried down (for so long now!) and stays quiet, yes I do love it, I still think it's a mistake to choose it today.

Somebody wanna send me some breeze, pls? )
    How does sunshine smell like?

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Yves Saint-Laurent - Opium pour Homme Poésie de Chine Eau d'Orient.

Top notes: grapefruit, bergamote and star aniseed
    Middle notes: orange blossom, nutmeg and white pepper
    Base notes: vetiver, sandalwood and amber

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning everybody ! Im wearing Un air D'Habanita by Molinard today . Trying hard to love this juice ,even everything that i got is alot of grapefruit and some more grapefruit with a litlle bit of musk .

Edit : The dry down of this juice is simply exquisite , close to the skin but so warm , comfy and gorgeous . Im happy i gave it another chance before throwing it on the back of my perfume warderobe . Sniff yummm .
    Last edited by maia4u; 21st April 2010 at 01:50 PM.
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die, too (TW)

Hanae Mori Eau Fraîche... Mmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhh...

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

Will be stepping out spritzed in Nutrius Tuberose Velvet.

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution." Kahil Gibran

May each of us extend kindness to others today...

Bulgari Black - loving the leather/rubber/vanilla vibe. I feel like one of the Hairy Bakers - in a good way. http://www.hairybikers.com/
    (It's a TV cookery show fronted by two very sweet hairy bikers. Their Victoria Sponge recipe sounds great - cinnamon buttercream - Mmmmm!)

Yesterday I tried SJP's Twilight - I've been reading Chandler Burr's book "A Perfect Scent", which was written before she came up with Covet or the Dawn/Endless/Twilight trio or her latest (allegedly ghastly) offering. Having read of Sarah Jessica's desire to release something edgier and dirtier than my adored Lovely, I had high hopes for Twilight. It looks like it's being discontinued, so is getting a bit trickier to find, but I spotted a bottle in Superdrug yesterday and cadged a spritz. First impressions were not favourable - it was very Meh and I was disappointed. Then it disappeared completely, leaving me saddened because I like SJP - she seems very genuine and my adoration of Lovely is well-documented.

An hour later, it was back and wowser was it mucky! I'm going to buy a bottle to layer because it's the most fantastic dirty musk with a dab of patchouli and maybe some other woods and spices. I think SJP may have managed to get close to her infamous 'personal blend' with this one. (She wears Bonne Bell musk, Egyptian Musk oil and CdG Avignon, which sounds fantastic.) I can see it with any incense layered over it - I'm thinking Black Cashmere, actually. And I've just started wondering what it would be like with a floral - a ladylike Iris or a romantic Rose... Hmm.

Have a good day all.
    Hugs
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

To go with my "Year of the Rooster" tee ....(??????)

Wuggles and smooches to all in need - or want!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

suddenly it 's chilly in Greece!ENCRE NOIR Homme for me-I like it much better than the female edition.My eldest daughter(8) took a shower in AZZARO VISIT last night-my cute miniature is gone- so all the house smell VISIT,I rush out to enjoy my Lalique...

Five O'Clock au Gingembre for me this morning.

Good morning all. Today I ended up oversleeping, so I'm not at school today:P Will meet my class for some pizza later anyway Sotd is Dolce Vita.
    Currently wearing: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

R E V E L A T I O N ? ! ? ! ?
    Smelled my sleeve this morning and brain analyzed scent: “That’s Macchia Mediterranea.” [Insert sound of vinyl record screech as needle rips across it.] Wha? I didn’t wear MM yesterday. I wore modern edp Mitsouko! Sniff—check. Sniff—check. Sniff—check. Somebody needs to come over to my house . R I G H T . N O W ! Or, run a comparison of MM and M where you are. I’m going to be putting some on paper and cotton to suss this out. I don't think the match is as close on skin (or on my hide anyway). Maybe this explains why I suddenly started relating to MM again.

Poor DH is suffering from poison ivy, so his SoTD is Calamine.

Hey, Grand Duc — clever use of flush left/flush right.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 21 April

Patricia de Nicolaï 's

EAU
    MIXTE

A Fantastic blend of bergamot, Calabrian lemon, mint, grapefruit, blackcurrant bud, rose, jasmine, spices, Java vetiver, Oakmoss and musks and a great scent for Summer !
    BRAVO Madame Patricia de Nicolaï
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello everyone!

I'm in Fragonard's house with Taolady (Hey Lady, I didn't realize you'd be here - what a wonderful surprise! Love the tee, and you smell incredible!) I'm wearing Belle de Soleil.

Top - bergamot, orange, lemon, petitgrain
    Middle - tiare, frangipani, jasmine
    Base - benzoin, musk, vetiver

Y'all have a fantastic day!

On day three of my staycation, I have layered Histoire de Parfum's 1969 over Sephora's Guava Passion body butter for a visit to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom! I so remember spring 1969: demonstrations, political strategizing, college finals, with a little LSD mixed in.

Back to Delrae's Bois de Paradis for me this beautiful morning. I'd much rather try some work in the yard rather than having to head off to the office.

Basenotes Plus

Sharing the house with Tig in Caron, Aimez-Moi for me. I have a nasty cold and can't smell a damn thing, but it's OK - I already know how stunningly lovely A-M is.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Habit Rouge Dry by Guerlain (first time from a sample)

Bvlgari Black
    Wishlist is pointless.

Drenched in lilacs (En Passant!), Haunani is off to work...

Wishing all a wonderful day!

[cc attribution: Macshineraum]

Mokhallet Al Rehab attar, which has a wonderfully synthetic metallic oudy start, before tempering out to a slightly rosey ambery musk. Al Rehab can be hit and miss in their pocket money price oils, but I find this an unusual and wearable hot weather scent.

Wordbird, I love the hairy bikers! Check your blindspots when driving, folks :)
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

It's pouring rain and I'm puttering around at home today. My Sotd is Wisteria edt by Elariia, a Marshall's bargain. It's very nice, and I get acacia in it after the initial wisteria impression wear off. The wisteria here is in bloom everywhere. It must be invasive because I see huge masses of it in the wooded places along the roads and highways. It's beautiful and ladylike and lightly fragrant in the cultivated places where it's forced to grow decorously, but it has a more malevolent aspect in the wild, almost like kudzu.

Basenotes Institution

Quarry - I hope DH gets better soon- how uncomfortable !
    Lilybelle- lovely pic- I love wisteria and the Elariia Wisteria sounds delightful !

Scent of the morning WAS supposed to be CdG LUXE Patchouli from a sample- I had wash it off. Thankfully it was a small swipe on my skin but this stuff blooms no matter how little you put on.
    I am not really a fan of Patchouli and this sticks like glue. I am sure it would smell good on a man though- it's more masculine and VERY patchouli ,amber and woods but mostly Patchouli . Patchouli lovers will rejoice in this .

Have a good day everyone !

So now scent of the morning is Fracas EDP - what a relief !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 21st April 2010 at 03:12 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Wearing Balmy Days and Sundays today...
    so green and fresh, and
    another very pretty bottle!

(and a question: what does HG stand for? I get what it means, from context, but what are the actual words?)

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Quarry - I hope DH gets better soon- how uncomfortable !
    Lilybelle- lovely pic- I love wisteria and the Elariia Wisteria sounds delightful !

Scent of the morning WAS supposed to be CdG LUXE Patchouli from a sample- I had wash it off. Thankfully it was a small swipe on my skin but this stuff blooms no matter how little you put on.
    I am not really a fan of Patchouli and this sticks like glue. I am sure it would smell good on a man though- it's more masculine and VERY patchouli ,amber and woods but mostly Patchouli . Patchouli lovers will rejoice in this .

Have a good day everyone !

So now scent of the morning is Fracas EDP - what a relief !
    Elariia Wisteria is one for Hillaire's Unsung Treasures thread. I don't know whether it's a treasure, but it's very pleasant. Mysticknot, patchouli on my skin is not always my friend either, although I love the scent of it. I recommend that you try Keiko Mecheri's Patchoulissime, which is a pretty patchouli fragrance. For me, "pretty patchouli" was an oxymoron until I tried that one. I never would have tried it but a Basenoter sent me a sample and I fell in love with it.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 21st April 2010 at 03:19 PM.