Code of Conduct

Default New Release: Eau d’Italie Au Lac ( Futurist Floral? Hmm... )

Eau d'Italie is promising to release its first feminine floral fragrance, and I'm definitely intrigued if cautious. The notes include water lily, bitter orange leaves, fig leaves, osmanthus, rose, jasmine, cedar, papyrus and amber, and I'm not sure what the end result will be.

Citrus floral? Aquatic floral? Green Floral? Will it be soft and demure - or rich and heady? Of course, my hopes are for the latter, as always. I tend to prefer my floral fragrances to beat me over the head screaming "I - AM - A FLOWER", but complexity and nuance are always good things, and promises by the ad copy to to be "Avante Garde" make this a must-try.

Of course, I tend to think an Italian Futurist floral would have ad copy like "The authentic smell of jasmine flowers crushed by a roaring locamotive, doused in gasoline, and set on fire to help rid the world of needless sentimentality!" And a free offer to punch all those who don't like it in the face. ( These are men who thought a good evening's fun consisted of running over dogs and smearing themselves in industrial sludge, after all. )

But, perhaps that's expecting a bit too much to expect from a company that isn't solely marketing itself to modern-day fans of Futurism. Ironically, the only fragrance I can think of as being redolent of anything from the Futurist Manifesto is - Nostalgia!

Apparently it's already been released, but I've yet to hear any word of it. Anyone given this a try...?

Default Re: New Release: Eau d’Italie Au Lac ( Futurist Floral? Hmm... )

I haven't come across an Eau d'Italie I didn't like, so this is very
    good news. I love the intelligence of Sienne l'Hiver and Paestum Rose
    is beautiful.
    Apparently. "Au Lac" is inspired by a love affair in 1915 between
    Vittoria Colonna, Princess di Teano, and the futurist artist Umberto Boccioni.
    They would meet at Isolino di San Giovanni, Lago Maggiore.
    I like the sound of the notes, particularly the fig leaves and papyrus.
    Alberto Morillas is the nose behind this one, Duchaufour having gone to
    L'Artisan Parfumeur.
    I hope this new one turns out to be as good as the previous scents.

Yes I saw this yersterday on NST, and I saw they changed the shape of the bottles. I kinda like the old bottle though.

It's available at First in Fragrance and a sample is 3 Euro (plus delivery) http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/kosmet...oducts_id=6792

Papyrus sure is hitting its stride as the note of the moment, wouldn't you say? I also liked the older bottles better.