Code of Conduct

Unhappy MPG Santal Noble or Etro Messe de Minuit? or...

Guys, I know MPG Santal Noble is very popular, but sometimes popularity increases due to the hype that comes with the established name, not entirely the quality of the content. So is there any other fragrance(s) that is better (classier/more sensual/chicks dig/wearable) than MPG Santal Noble??
    BTW, Luca Turin didn't rate Santal Noble as being a 5 star fragrance

Default Re: MPG Santal Noble or Etro Messe de Minuit? or...

MPG Santal Noble is a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    Guys, I know MPG Santal Noble is very popular, but sometimes popularity increases due to the hype that comes with the established name, not entirely the quality of the content. So is there any other fragrance(s) that is better (classier/more sensual/chicks dig/wearable) than MPG Santal Noble??
    BTW, Luca Turin didn't rate Santal Noble as being a 5 star fragrance
    trust me, it's not hype. it's one of the best colognes of all time!! luca turin has also said certain colognes are 5 stars i wouldn't agree with.

I agree. It's not hype. MPG is as classy as it gets and it has excellent quality.
    Etro MdM is good too but an entirely different fragrance. It's not easy to wear as universally as SN is. Most people find it hard to pull it off. The're really not comparable in that way.

Santal noble is what u need when u want a sandalwood frag. Try it for urself.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

MPG is one of the classiest fragrances I own and in my top 5. The most "chick diggable" fragrance I own is Creed Millesime Imperial which I find is more versatile and I end up wearing it more. I still think Santal Noble is a better fragrance and high quality. Also MPG is not a well known name and was even pulled from distribution until very recently. I really hope this house stays around as they make a lot of classy mens fragrances.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Thanks guys, I really needed some input on this, as I'm deciding whether to make a blind purchase of Santal Noble (online) or not. On the other hand I've read a lot of good stuff on Etro's MDM as well. I can afford to buy just a bottle, so it might as well be a really good one!

They're so different, and both very well regarded.
    Can you order samples of each and find out which one works best on your skin?