Code of Conduct

Default L'Essence de Déclaration -VS- Eau de Cartier Concentrée (both by Cartier)

For those of you who have smelled both, what would be your recommendation for me? I have smelled Eau de Cartier (not the Concentrée version) and I like it a whole lot, although it is a bit too subtle. According to most of the reviewers familiar with these, the concentrée version is just an amped-up version of the original.

On that assumption, which one would you guys go with?

L'Essence de Déclaration (blind buy, for me)
    or
    Eau de Cartier Concentrée (technically a blind buy, but I love the original)

?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: L'Essence de Déclaration -VS- Eau de Cartier Concentrée (both by Cartier)

In other words, an informed coin-toss, or which-do-you prefer thread?

They are two very different scents with a brand name in common.

If you like citrus-forward/citrusy scents, L'Essence de Declaration is the lovely way to go.
    If you prefer green(er) scents, EdC Concentree will be the better choice.

I have the two and think they are both wonderful for what they were blended to be, and i find them very well adapted to warm temperatures (now BaseNotes is getting me to think seasonally, though i live with year-round heat ).
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Default Re: L'Essence de Déclaration -VS- Eau de Cartier Concentrée (both by Cartier)

If you like the smell of old, sharp, armpit-sweat, then L`Essence de Declaration is for you. If you like a elegant, stylish and simple bottle to decorate your bathroom-shelf, then you can pick Eau de Cartier..
    -NB: If you are looking for the best Cartier, then you must try Must de Cartier Pour Homme Essence. Now we`r talking!

I bought L'Essence de Declaration because I liked Declaration but I loved the bottle of L'Essence. Unfortunately, I felt like a chicken bullion cube when I wore it.

I love Declaration Essence, but if you don't like the smell of cummin, maybe you should go for the Eau de Cartier
    Evenstar

I'm not sure if I've tried Eu de Cartier Concentree, but I have tried L'Essence. To try it is to love it. It's good stuff, and it is definetely on my wish list.

L'Essence de Déclaration : i have the original too and compared them side by side sometimes. I like the original more and wouldn´t buy the essence version again. Essence is to acidic and not fresh enough for me.

Eau de Cartier Concentrée (both by Cartier) - I can´t remember it.
    Last edited by sanatik; 26th April 2010 at 04:47 PM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

I have both the Original Declaration and its Essence version, but I like the original more....
    Eau de Cartier is a good LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT scent, no way comparable with Declaration IMO!!!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

As you are already familiar with the non-concentree version of Eau De Cartier, and you like it, I'd go with the concentree. Own both and personally prefer the Declaration Essence. Can't go wrong with either IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

both, , slightly better eau concentree

Basenotes Institution

Is L'Essence de Declaration the same as Declaration Essence?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle