Code of Conduct

Default Profumum Fiore di Ambra - Any opinions?

Anyone try this?

What do you think of it?

Default Re: Profumum Fiore di Ambra - Any opinions?

it's smoldering Amber... almost wax like in finish. evolves very slowly. doesnt add any hint of spices like other ambre prominent scents do. I like it better than TF Amber Absolute and to an extent even lutens Ambre Sultan.

Thanks jenson. You are the only one who has responded to my last two threads.

I've sampled both this and Profumum's Ambra Aurea and prefer Fiore di Ambra. Ambra Aurea is nice but much heavier on the Amber, like Lutens's Ambre Sultan. I think Fiore di Ambra jis very versatile also and will probably work in most situations except extreme heat. Actually, I like a lot of Profumum's scents, particularly Victrix, Santalum, and Thundra. I just can't bring myself to spring for $240 a bottle for this stuff. I mean, I could easily pick three I would wear often but that would cost over $700 bucks!

I like both of Profumum's amber scents Ambra Aurea is heavier than Fiore d'Ambra as Ziffy mentions. I don't usually think to reach for either of these as the weather gets warmer.
    Unlike Jenson I do get a decent amount of spiciness in the opening before it becomes silky smooth and warm on my skin. With something this expensive though it is imperative you sample this before laying out the cash.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Institution

I liked Fiore d'Ambra - it's a very lovely quality amber - I liked it better than Ambra Aurea which was a little too heavy and funky for me.
    Though I did not think it FBW - I do think Micallef 's Note Ambree is. That was love at first sniff ,not Fiore d'Ambra which took two samplings for me to understand and like.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 22nd April 2010 at 04:54 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Not to change the subject, but did Luckyscent raise its prices for Profumum fragrances? I thought they topped out at $180 or so, but perhaps that was only wishful thinking. I was contemplating pulling the trigger on Patchouly, but $240 is an awful lot to pay for a patch!

p.s. I would have loved to respond to your original question, Scentsitivity, but I haven't tried Fiore di Ambre.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 23rd April 2010 at 12:24 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    Not to change the subject, but did Luckyscent raise its prices for Profumum fragrances? I thought they topped out at $180 or so, but perhaps that was only wishful thinking. I was contemplating pulling the trigger on Patchouly, but $240 is an awful lot to pay for a patch!

p.s. I would have loved to respond to your original question, Scentsitivity, but I haven't tried Fiore di Ambre.
    Yes, I think they went up a few months ago now. However ,compared to CdG LUXE- Profumums are reasonable !!They have some Profumum on their specials page right now though.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Fiore di Ambra is nice. I fall on the side of thinking Ambra Aurea is much nicer though. It is stronger and heavier on the ambergris, but is addictive. I think that Fiore is more soft and feminine on my skin. They are both excellent quality though, so get some samples!

I too, agree that FdA is better than AA. It's supposed to have the opium note in it, which I take to be the slightly bitter smokey thread running through the scent. It's not what true opium smells like but it's exotic. Also, as mentioned, price-wise you can do much better going with other quality brands. I'm not very big myself on this type of amber so I feel safe...
    Sample first.

*Has addee Fiore d'Ambra to amber wishlist at TPC*

Thanks for this thread!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I've a sample of it and I can tell you that this perfume is kind of heavy to me. More than 2 drops is too much. In my opinion this perfume is amber all the way.It's nice and last about 6-7 hours on me.