Code of Conduct

Default I have a free wish

So I'm having someone from the perfume business for tea and he said he would like to bring me a perfume of my choice as a gift from their portfolio, which encompasses the following brands:
    * Acqua di Genova
    * Contessa di Castiglione
    * Cristiano Fissore
    * Domenico Caraceni
    * Eau d’Italie
    * ExVinis
    * Farina 1709
    * Gianni Campagna
    * Isotta Fraschini
    * La Collina Toscana
    * Lorenzo Villoresi
    * Nobile 1942
    * Parfum 06130
    * Parfum d’Empire
    * Parfum d’Orsay
    * Piazzetta di Portofino
    * Washington Tremlett
    * XerJoff
    * XPEC

Any suggestions ? I feel slightly overwhelmed. Asking for a Xerjoff seems a bit, err, GREEDY. I have Villoresi covered, but there's Tremlett's Hampstead Water, XPEC, one of the new d'Orsay Intenses, Fougere Bengale, perhaps something from a line I do not know at all like Nobile...So much nose candy...Life can be hard
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: I have a free wish

Gianni Campagna Vento Canale - and if he has an extra one, I would be more than happy to take it off if his hands
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hey, if this person is German, I think I know for which particular business he is working for, since I guess there are few firms, if not only one firm in all Germany distributing all these frag houses at the same time. At any rate, Xerjoff is not greedy, you just happen to want to experience the richness and uniqueness of this house, but if Xerjoff is not the option, getting something by Nobile 1942, or Domenico Caraceni or even something less known by Piazzetta di Portofino or Eau d’Italie sounds exciting, uncommon and truly worth experiencing

I don't want to have to see you walk around bearing that heavy feeling of guilt. I will save you from that fate. Here's what we do, go ahead and do ask for a Xerjoff, send it to me, and we will call the problem solved! I will make that sacrifice for you.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Pick something you know you like but don't have or are intensely curious about!

I would personally choose something very much akin to your first instincts: XerJoff Modoc, Fiore d'Ulivo or 17/17 Homme; OR Washington Tremlett Hampstead Water.

What a wonderful gift t_g_l!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    I don't want to have to see you walk around bearing that heavy feeling of guilt. I will save you from that fate. Here's what we do, go ahead and do ask for a Xerjoff, send it to me, and we will call the problem solved! I will make that sacrifice for you.
    now here is a noble man!

Wow - that's incredible. I don't think I can offer any help picking one, but what a super cool opportunity! I'd say Dimitri's XerJoff suggestion (I've personally never tried) - I would imagine it isn't a huge difference to your friend as a supplier if they keep stock of items and cover complimentary business gifts, so don't feel bad!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I agree. Pick what catches your attention foist. If it is one the list than its an option. He wouldnt have mentioned it. Go for the Xerjoff, this is the opportunity to get it, dont lose it!

I'm also going to join the Xerjoff chorus. These fragrances are hard to sample for the most part and they are really amazingly good. Xerjoff Kobe is probably my favorite of the ones I've tried. Although both 17/17's; Homme and XXY are close.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I have to go with Parfum D'Empire!!!

Good Luck though!!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

It sounds like a generous and gracious offer - pick exactly the one you like, be it a Xerjoff or whatever and give him an out . . . 'if that's difficult, perhaps X from the Y line' ? Who knows, maybe you will be turning him onto a hidden gem amongst his portfolio that even he doesn't know he has there . . . do him a favour

Domenico Caraceni 1913

I liked Kobe as well. In fact I was graced by thew same gentleman with a pile of samples/decants of Parfums d'Empire, Xerjoff and others. I have settled on Hampstead Water btw. because it's right down my alley, will be perfect for spring & summer and best fits the occasion of an invitation to a traditional English cream tea with scones etc.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Farina 1709! Totally biased in my view.

Something from the house of Parfums D'Orsay, as long as you take the "history" with a grain of salt. (The real Comte, as we know, was fond of eau de Cologne and eau de jasmin.)
    Last edited by Primrose; 22nd April 2010 at 11:22 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Hillaire

OOH, I recommend Nobile 1942 Anonimo Veneziano! It's really special, a unisex, dark Oriental, and harder to come by.

Great choice T!