Code of Conduct

Thread: Aquatic scents

Default Aquatic scents

Hey there! I was wondering some good Aquatic scents i could use. I really liked Hugo boss Matara I need something Just like it. Something Fresh nothing too much something cool relaxed. I found a few names, Nautica oceans, Both Bvglari Aquas, and Cool water. How are they. I need something simple to find. Nothing extreme Thanks . Also not Acqua Di gio my dad uses it i dunno its not aquatic enough for me :P. Nothing green either.

Default Re: Aquatic scents

Always feel comfortable recommending L' eau par Kenzo pour Homme. Also like Givenchy Blue Label.

Lacoste essential & style in play
    versace pour homme
    212 men
    hugo energise
    armani mania

This fragrance should work well for you, and it can be found easily on the Internet:

Blu Stremo by Carlo Corinto (more info at http://www.carlocorinto.com/)

I love a good aquatic myself. I would recommend Givenchy Blue Label, Nautica Oceans, Cool Water or Cool Water Frozen. Alot of people seem to like Bulgari Aqua, but it has a unique seaweed note that you may or may not like.

Cool Water

Salty sea-breeze by the coastal.. -The one and only Creed Erolfa!

why doesn't anyone recommend kenzo pour homme?

I am currently having a love affair with Kenzo Pour Homme! I picked this up last week in a small perfume store which had the older bottle design with the etched bamboo and leaves (which I prefer). Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    why doesn't anyone recommend kenzo pour homme?
    I too noticed ppl here seldom mention it. Classic to the bone, not fresh at all, but very unique. Like Bvlgari Aqua, it reminds me of ocean but in its distinct way. Both great frags, Kenzo PH being less popular because of its uniqueness and a certain heaviness - it is not a light frag at all for an aquatic.

Blog Entries

I've been curious about Kenzo PH myself. I am an aquatic lover, and Bvlgari Aqva is my current overall favorite frag. Would this Kenzo be a safe blind buy? Or even Kenzo Pour Homme Fresh?

To the OP, definitely try Aqva, 212, and L'eau par Kenzo.
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 22nd April 2010 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thgolfer View Post
    I've been curious about Kenzo PH myself. I am an aquatic lover, and Bvlgari Aqva is my current overall favorite frag. Would this Kenzo be a safe blind buy? Or even Kenzo Pour Homme Fresh?
    NO! Kenzo PH would definitely NOT be a safe blind buy! Fresh version I did not try but its freshness is also questionable. Kenzo PH fresh, if I understood well, can also be considered as very unique, but doubtly what we interpret as fresh in general.

Well thanks guys . im looking forward to trying Cool water and Cool water Frozen (really wonder what the difference is though with all coolwaters) and ill try Nautica Oceans and Buglari Aqua and a few more and decide xD

Blog Entries

I'll be the first to ask. What in the WORLD is Hugo Boss Matara? I couldn't even Google that, let alone eve find it in the databases of Basenotes and Fragrantica.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Salty sea-breeze by the coastal.. -The one and only Creed Erolfa!
    I was thinking Creed to, Millesime Imperial and my fav fresh Creed Virgin Island water.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Jil Sander Sun (Men)
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    I'll be the first to ask. What in the WORLD is Hugo Boss Matara? I couldn't even Google that, let alone eve find it in the databases of Basenotes and Fragrantica.
    Its Hugo boss Hugo... Water flash shaped with light blue colour. Released in 1995. its other name is Matara

Quote Originally Posted by thgolfer View Post

To the OP, definitely try Aqva, 212, and L'eau par Kenzo.
    Judging by your top ten, I think it's highly possible that you will like it. But it's not that hard to test it in a store, so no need to risk it.

I understand why zgb says it's not fresh. It's not a very cheery perfume. But it's cool and breezy. If it makes sense. Oh, and it's good to wear all year round IMO.