Code of Conduct

Default "Things bogans like" - Celebrity perfumes

To non-Aussies: A "bogan" is an Australian term that is the equivalent of the English "chav" or the American "white trash". This is from a blog "Stuff Bogans Like" that itself parodies a bestselling book in America called "Stuff White People Like".

It turns out that bogans like celeb perfumes:

http://thingsboganslike.wordpress.co...ty-fragrances/
    Q: How do you make a feminine fragrance masculine?
    A: Add 'Pour Homme' to the bottle
    - Pierre Bourdon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Things bogans like" - Celebrity perfumes

Looks like a take-off on Stuff White People Like, except rather than being self-depreciating, it's attacking people of a lower economic status. So, um... That would be thumbs down from me.

Chav-hatred and its ilk are modern day outlets for feelings of social superiority now that open racism is out of fashion in much of the west.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 22nd April 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Galamb: Class superiority or hatred? Or perhaps a hatred of the thoughtlessness the bogans often display, such as bogan teenagers doing car burnouts outside your house at 2 am in the morning? Or starting fights in at Cronulla beach in Dec 2005 where a massive group of them beat up on people of Middle East origin who just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Let's see anyone else defend that sort of behavior and convince me that I should change my views of bogans.
    - Pierre Bourdon

Post Thanks / Like

McGraw...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post
    Galamb: Class superiority or hatred? Or perhaps a hatred of the thoughtlessness the bogans often display, such as bogan teenagers doing car burnouts outside your house at 2 am in the morning? Or starting fights in at Cronulla beach in Dec 2005 where a massive group of them beat up on people of Middle East origin who just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Let's see anyone else defend that sort of behavior and convince me that I should change my views of bogans.
    "This sort of behavior" can be used to trash any number of people completely innocent of the activity. I assume the people involved were Australian - does that mean I should take away a similar impression of your nation from those events, and characterize Australians as by an large a violent and criminal lot?

As an example, there are black people who murder, steal, and so on. But saying that those are things black people like to do is - and should be - considered offensive and, more importantly, is untrue for the vast majority. But, it really wasn't that long ago where racist views were accepted, and more common than not, small revivals of class-based bigotry like these mirror the racist stereotypes of the not-so-distant past and present alarmingly.

Saying anyone of a certain income-level or cultural-background is by default a violent hooligan is simply false, in my experience both here and in foreign nations.

Galamb: I only note that this sort of behavior is only done by people of the bogan persuasion. it's not a matter of nationality.

If I personally interview the hundreds of people who bashed the Middle-Easterners at Cronulla Beach (in Sydney Australia) in 2005, I bet you I will not find a single latte-sipping upper-middle-class person in that group. I bet you my whole perfume collection that they will all be classifiable as bogans under the Reasonable Man Test.
    - Pierre Bourdon

Post Thanks / Like

That article hits the nail on the head. A few friends of mine are definite bogans (Krusty Demons / Ed Hardy T-shirts, one drives a Commodore with "Bitch" on the back, the guy has a heap of tattoos etc), she wears WAY too much Hillary Duff / Britney Spears Super Cheap Vanilla, and he wears Tommy Summer. Alot of 'bogans' seem to go for the top-5 fresh mens fragrances.

That or they just wear far too much Lynx!

Galamb - bogans arn't necessarily poor. Its really hard to explain what a bogan is to a non-Aussie. I guess its a cross between red-neck and yuppie, e.g. Driving a v8 ute and owning a 55" full HD TV is seen as the epitome of success in the Bogan community.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 22nd April 2010 at 05:02 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    McGraw...
    oh god yes they love that shit, i swear it smells like liquor with rubbing alcohol i do not get why people like it

Post Thanks / Like

If I personally interview the hundreds of people who bashed the Middle-Easterners at Cronulla Beach (in Sydney Australia) in 2005, I bet you I will not find a single latte-sipping upper-middle-class person in that group.
    You will probably also not find a single non-Australian person in that group, which I believe is Galamb's point. These sweeping generalizations can get sticky in a hurry. I imagine there were plenty of "bogans" who were NOT beating up Middle-Easterners that day as well, you know what I mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    You will probably also not find a single non-Australian person in that group, which I believe is Galamb's point. These sweeping generalizations can get sticky in a hurry. I imagine there were plenty of "bogans" who were NOT beating up Middle-Easterners that day as well, you know what I mean?
    True, they had probably passed out already from too many tinnies or were busy doing burnouts in their ute.

Tens of views in this thread, and only Anthony87 gets the point. What a pity... I know there are other Aussie members in this forum.

And oh I hate people who "get offended on behalf of other people" and jump on any generalization. Look, even if not all bogans wear celebrity perfumes (some don't even shower, much!), or the fact that 95% of of bogans in Australia in Dec 2005 were not at Cronulla Beach beating up on Middle Easterners, it does not make the original pisstake article or my scorn on bogans any less valid. Because if every bogan were at Cronulla Beach, I double my bet of my whole perfume collection that the bogans not passed out drunk would have been participating in the riots.
    - Pierre Bourdon

Post Thanks / Like

And oh I hate people who "get offended on behalf of other people" and jump on any generalization.
    I immediately thought of this quote:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up." - Martin Niemöller

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I immediately thought of this quote:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up." - Martin Niemöller
    Apples and oranges. There's nothing wrong about being a communist, Jew, or trade unionists in itself - because those are either only a political view or membership of a particular race, which you cannot help.

Being a bogan however is different - bogan-ism is choosing a way of life and doing things that are ignorant and thoughtless. As such, they deserve my scorn. Only the ignorant would defend them and their ways.
    ==========
    Secondly about that quote; Martin Niemoller forgot the most obvious solution to the problem he posed, and I know what he refers to (The Holocaust): "Just get out of the f-ing country when there's the first hint of trouble." And that obvious solution was pointed out to me by a Jewish comedian.
    - Pierre Bourdon

Post Thanks / Like

Political correctness out of control (again). The post was started in good humour.

The term bogan is used without offending anyone on local TV (in Australia) during comedy shows e.g. "Kath and Kim".

Really people, lighten the f&%ck up!
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Post Thanks / Like

'ken oath!
    Struth, these flamin' galahs are getting their knickers in a knot over nothing. Fair shake of the sauce bottle!

On topic, heres a marketing idea for VB:

You can get it jumpin'
    You can get it pumpin'
    You can get it pressin' a suit
    A hard earned sweat needs a big bold cologne
    And the best colognes VIC
    VICTORIA BITTER... for him
    You can get it liftin'
    You can get it shiftin'
    You can get it any old how
    Matter o' fact, I got it now

Anthony87: I bet you while VB will probably not make a perfume, what you wrote is probably how the next male celeb scent will be marketed to the bogans watching the Sports Channel in the near future.
    ===========
    I noted that even with my explanation on what "bogans" are, the people who got their knickers in a knot in this thread happen to be the North Americans. If "Being Offended" is an Olympic sport, the North Americans would win 20 gold medals. :P How's that for another sweeping generalization, eh?
    - Pierre Bourdon

Post Thanks / Like

...bogan-ism is choosing a way of life and doing things that are ignorant and thoughtless.
    I thought it was akin to American "rednecks" or "white trash", who for the most part do not choose their lot in life. It seems I misunderstand "boganism"

Secondly about that quote; Martin Niemoller forgot the most obvious solution to the problem he posed, and I know what he refers to (The Holocaust): "Just get out of the f-ing country when there's the first hint of trouble." And that obvious solution was pointed out to me by a Jewish comedian.
    I think this tells me plainly that you and I are not going to see eye to eye. I doubt either of us will lose sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Political correctness out of control (again). The post was started in good humour.
    I totally agree, and I didn't object to the original post/link. I was just responding to gourmandhomme's response.

I noted that even with my explanation on what "bogans" are, the people who got their knickers in a knot in this thread happen to be the North Americans. If "Being Offended" is an Olympic sport, the North Americans would win 20 gold medals. :P How's that for another sweeping generalization, eh?
    That's a really good one.

Yeah, "boganism" is a bit hard to explain; not quite redneck, not quite chav. And it is TOTALLY possible to be a bogan and be of an ethnic background ... not going to mention any in particular. And have to agree, the North Americans must be a pretty PC lot in general, they tend to get their knickers in a knot VERY easily. Although irony can be hard to communicate in text sometimes...

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paeonyrose View Post
    ... the North Americans must be a pretty PC lot in general, they tend to get their knickers in a knot VERY easily.
    *reaches for popcorn*
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 23rd April 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    *reaches for popcorn*
    She'll be right mate!

I'd love to try and make a 'bogan' fragrance... I'm thinking hops (beer), sweat, tar and the smell of a new plasma TV.

Matthew - just out of interest, would you prefer to someone who serves you in a restaurant as a waiter or a 'waitperson'?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    *reaches for popcorn*

Post Thanks / Like

the most obscene generalization has to be the ones towards "americans"
    nowhere else in the world is that much variety.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Matthew - just out of interest, would you prefer to someone who serves you in a restaurant as a waiter or a 'waitperson'?
    I'd call them either waiter or waitress, depending on gender.
    I must be coming across as WAY more PC than I am - and I suspect it's a language issue. Bogans were likened to White Trash, so I took my cue from that. If someone said "White Trash are choosing a way of life and doing things that are ignorant and thoughtless. As such, they deserve my scorn. Only the ignorant would defend them and their ways." I would think "Oh, a rich yuppie prick who hates poor people".
    However, if being a bogan is a CHOICE - like being a skinhead or something - and I heard someone say "Skinheads are choosing a way of life and doing things that are ignorant and thoughtless. As such, they deserve my scorn. Only the ignorant would defend them and their ways.", well then, I'd agree.
    Does this make sense?

Although Spears' Curious and the new Karadashian scent are celebuscents, I would not call Gweneth Paltrow's promotion of Pure White Linen a celebuscent.

Some celebrities sell their "faces" to front/promote new products. Gweneth Paltrow is the *model* for the scent, just as Johnny Depp is promoting Mont Blanc pens, or Scarlett Johanssen is promoting D&G The One. Ewan Macgregor is even a "face" to sell a scent.
    Last edited by Primrose; 23rd April 2010 at 12:41 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd call them either waiter or waitress, depending on gender.
    I must be coming across as WAY more PC than I am - and I suspect it's a language issue. Bogans were likened to White Trash, so I took my cue from that. If someone said "White Trash are choosing a way of life and doing things that are ignorant and thoughtless. As such, they deserve my scorn. Only the ignorant would defend them and their ways." I would think "Oh, a rich yuppie prick who hates poor people".
    However, if being a bogan is a CHOICE - like being a skinhead or something - and I heard someone say "Skinheads are choosing a way of life and doing things that are ignorant and thoughtless. As such, they deserve my scorn. Only the ignorant would defend them and their ways.", well then, I'd agree.
    Does this make sense?
    I tried to liken a 'Bogan' to being a mix between a 'redneck' and a 'yuppie' - despite that being a contradiction. I don't know whether being a Bogan is as much of a choice as it is an up-bringing. It is a really hard term or description to show to someone who hasn't been in Australia. I definitely don't mean to attack or criticise anyone's view here.

A typical 'Bogan' couple - Sharon and Darren, or Shazza and Dazza to their mates, would have either the wife un-employed and the husband working 'up north' in the mines, earning three times what he would in the city, or the husband would be working at a mechanics and the wife a manager or a second-in-charge of a retail store. They probably popped out a kid or two at 17-19 years old, and if the husbands working up north probably own a reasonable house with a V8 ute and a big TV.

Being a Bogan is in no way a disadvantage in Aussie society - hell we currently have one as our Prime Minister. Alot of American TV only shows the 'Bogan' side of Australia. We don't all sound like Crocodile Dundee!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to liken a 'Bogan' to being a mix between a 'redneck' and a 'yuppie' - despite that being a contradiction.
    Like the Beverly Hillbillies?

A typical 'Bogan' couple - Sharon and Darren, or Shazza and Dazza to their mates, would have either the wife un-employed and the husband working 'up north' in the mines, earning three times what he would in the city, or the husband would be working at a mechanics and the wife a manager or a second-in-charge of a retail store. They probably popped out a kid or two at 17-19 years old, and if the husbands working up north probably own a reasonable house with a V8 ute and a big TV.
    This just sounds like regular White Trash - it seems that comparison was accurate after all!

Being a Bogan is in no way a disadvantage in Aussie society - hell we currently have one as our Prime Minister.
    Yes, we've had a similar experience.

Just to be clear - the link original link/post doesn't bother me at all. I like redneck jokes, and harmless poking fun of eccentricities doesn't get my "knickers in a twist". It just seemed - to me - that in subsequent posts gourmandhomme took it in a more sinister and bigoted direction. THAT is what I was reacting to, not the original joke.

Post Thanks / Like

This should probably be off topic, as fragrance has been mentioned maybe twice (and in passing) so far.

Also, while I'm here - North American. Not offended.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 23rd April 2010 at 02:42 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

I have always felt the term "White Trash" refers mainly to behavior/image, and not necessarily to economic status. One can be white and poor, and even live in a trailerpark (I have actually visited quite a few beautifully maintained trailerparks!), and not be "trashy".
    Likewise, I'm getting the feeling the term "bogan" also means of a certain "trashy" disposition.
    Consequently, I don't think conveying a displeasure with "trashy" behavior is equivalent to hatred of poor people or is evidence of social elitism.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was akin to American "rednecks" or "white trash", who for the most part do not choose their lot in life. It seems I misunderstand "boganism"

I think this tells me plainly that you and I are not going to see eye to eye. I doubt either of us will lose sleep.

I totally agree, and I didn't object to the original post/link. I was just responding to gourmandhomme's response.

That's a really good one.
    Oh come on. You're telling me white trash don't choose to live that way? We don't live in a caste society, you're not born into anything. White trash is an apt title for those that choose to perpetuate its stereotypes.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    I have always felt the term "White Trash" refers mainly to behavior/image, and not necessarily to economic status. One can be white and poor, and even live in a trailerpark (I have actually visited quite a few beautifully maintained trailerparks!), and not be "trashy".
    Likewise, I'm getting the feeling the term "bogan" also means of a certain "trashy" disposition.
    Consequently, I don't think conveying a displeasure with "trashy" behavior is equivalent to hatred of poor people or is evidence of social elitism.
    True, my brother works in Wal-Mart, and I saw a family, that I would clearly classify as white trash, later I found out they were quite wealthy, but they portrayed themselves in the mold of white trash, so guess what they are?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    oh god yes they love that shit, i swear it smells like liquor with rubbing alcohol i do not get why people like it
    I will never forget the time I was in Walgreens and the lady at the counter suggested Tim McGraw ("we can't keep it in stock, I love it"). I was polite and bit my tongue so I wouldn't come across as arrogant, but it was sure hard. The next time I walked in and said "I see that Tim McGraw is on sale!" with a laugh. Sorry but there is no way I'd be caught dead wearing something named after a country music singer, a rap star or so-called "Hollywood" celebrity. I say so- called because 99% of them today aren't even qualified to carry the bags of the stars of yesterday (i.e the cast of Towering Inferno vs. the cast of any movie made today). No serious frag connoisseur would touch anything by these losers (hear me Puffed 'n Stuffed Daddy?).

As for the article's points, there is truth to it. I also don't think they are putting down low income people as much as they are making fun of wannabes who dream of being like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears. You can write the same article about "Tweetering" too (ain't that what a bird does, among other things?). I can see why the famous do it (usually to massage their ego), but why the everyday Joe? I get a kick out of these kids today who dream of being on the level of someone famous just by having Facebook or Twitter. Jeez 'o friggin' Pete! Sorry don't mean to offend those of you who participate in those things, as many of my friends do so. If you really get something out of it by networking with real friends and family, that's fine. I just think there is a huge number of people who do it to get noticed in this celebrity culture we're in today.

Quote Originally Posted by Natch View Post
    I will never forget the time I was in Walgreens and the lady at the counter suggested Tim McGraw ("we can't keep it in stock, I love it"). I was polite and bit my tongue so I wouldn't come across as arrogant, but it was sure hard. The next time I walked in and said "I see that Tim McGraw is on sale!" with a laugh. Sorry but there is no way I'd be caught dead wearing something named after a country music singer, a rap star or so-called "Hollywood" celebrity. I say so- called because 99% of them today aren't even qualified to carry the bags of the stars of yesterday (i.e the cast of Towering Inferno vs. the cast of any movie made today). No serious frag connoisseur would touch anything by these losers (hear me Puffed 'n Stuffed Daddy?).

As for the article's points, there is truth to it. I also don't think they are putting down low income people as much as they are making fun of wannabes who dream of being like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears. You can write the same article about "Tweetering" too (ain't that what a bird does, among other things?). I can see why the famous do it (usually to massage their ego), but why the everyday Joe? I get a kick out of these kids today who dream of being on the level of someone famous just by having Facebook or Twitter. Jeez 'o friggin' Pete! Sorry don't mean to offend those of you who participate in those things, as many of my friends do so. If you really get something out of it by networking with real friends and family, that's fine. I just think there is a huge number of people who do it to get noticed in this celebrity culture we're in today.
    thing is so many people do not get that these celebs have halfassed frags only to make more money and spend it on frags that celebs really wear.....CREED

thing is so many people do not get that these celebs have halfassed frags only to make more money and spend it on frags that celebs really wear.....CREED
    Bingo. Even Puffed Up Diddy doesn't wear his own crap. He said Creed MI was his favorite cologne! LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natch View Post
    I will never forget the time I was in Walgreens and the lady at the counter suggested Tim McGraw ("we can't keep it in stock, I love it"). I was polite and bit my tongue so I wouldn't come across as arrogant, but it was sure hard. The next time I walked in and said "I see that Tim McGraw is on sale!" with a laugh. Sorry but there is no way I'd be caught dead wearing something named after a country music singer, a rap star or so-called "Hollywood" celebrity....
    But wait ! Are you telling me if Ric Flair....or Arn Anderson....or Tully Blanchard ( is that his name, I cannot remember) put out a fragrance, you wouldn't buy it and wear it.....just sayin'
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of new celebrity frags - can anyone tell me who this is in the new Polo commercial?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw

To Natch:

I like and wear some celebrity frags. I know Redneck Perfumisto owns the original McGraw and likes it. Are he and I not serious frag-connoisseurs?

The idea that just because a celebrity's name is attached instantly means the frag sucks is, quite frankly, ridiculous. The celebrity likely had little if anything to do with the scent. When you sniff, close your eyes and open your mind. At the end of the day, it's only the scent that matters.

As fragrance enthusiasts, we should try to keep an open mind.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 24th April 2010 at 06:57 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    But wait ! Are you telling me if Ric Flair....or Arn Anderson....or Tully Blanchard ( is that his name, I cannot remember) put out a fragrance, you wouldn't buy it and wear it.....just sayin'
    If it was made by Chanel, Creed, Hermes, YSL or even Armani AND had my favorite notes in it, yes. If it was made by something ridic like "WWE Fragrances" than no way. Lots of "IFs". It's funny because I can't see Arn or Tully doing their own cologne, but Flair yes. He was/is always the one promoting designer clothes and fine living (Armani suits and Gucci shoes, woo!). I can see it now. A Ric Flair cologne would be Pour Monsieur (Concentree) repackaged. Nature Garçon ;-)

BTW my compliments in knowing the original Horsemen!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    To Natch:

I like and wear some celebrity frags. I know Redneck Perfumisto owns the original McGraw and likes it. Are he and I not serious frag-connoisseurs?

The idea that just because a celebrity's name is attached instantly means the frag sucks is, quite frankly, ridiculous. The celebrity likely had little if anything to do with the scent. When you sniff, close your eyes and open your mind. At the end of the day, it's only the scent that matters.

As fragrance enthusiasts, we should try to keep an open mind.
    Point taken, but I still wouldn't tell somebody I'm wearin' Tim McGraw or something like "I Am King". BTW I'm the first to admit I do get wrapped up in names a lot of the time.

exactly Natch and he uses silver mountain water , which he knocked off for i am king

exactly Natch and he uses silver mountain water , which he knocked off for i am king
    Of course he did that so people with less money can afford Creed type scents. It had nothing to do with him making money off of Creed's work or off of the poor people he "cares" about.

While it is debatable that Unforgivable is an MI knockoff (the early phases are similar, the drydowns significantly different), there is just no way I Am King is an SMW ripoff. Have you smelled them both?

I am not a fan of Sean John's music, his attitude, or his ethics, and I don't plan on supporting him by purchasing anything bearing his name, but at the same time, I don't think it's fair for him or anyone to be falsely accused. I Am King is nothing like SMW (aside from them both being somewhat fruity).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Post Thanks / Like

I Am King couldn't smell any more different than Silver Mountain Water. Seriously they are NOTHING alike.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    While it is debatable that Unforgivable is an MI knockoff (the early phases are similar, the drydowns significantly different), there is just no way I Am King is an SMW ripoff. Have you smelled them both?

I am not a fan of Sean John's music, his attitude, or his ethics, and I don't plan on supporting him by purchasing anything bearing his name, but at the same time, I don't think it's fair for him or anyone to be falsely accused. I Am King is nothing like SMW (aside from them both being somewhat fruity).
    Yes I have, both of them and he did knock it off. Some can disagree with it but I am not the first one who has stated it. Sean John tried to knock it off but did poorly because he had to use synthetics.
    Last edited by DavidBond007; 25th April 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good name for a perfume... Just sayin'

Bogan, by Calvin Klein
    Last edited by adonis; 25th April 2010 at 09:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have, both of them and he did knock it off. Some can disagree with it but I am not the first one who has stated it. Sean John tried to knock it off but did poorly because he had to use synthetics.
    No, they are nothing alike. This isn't the case of using synthetics, Creed uses plenty of them. There just is not a single shred of of I Am King that smells even remotely similar to Silver Mountain Water. It's like comparing A*Men to Millesime Imperial. Just because they come in bottles doesn't make them similar.

Now, if you want to make the case that Xerjoff's Mefisto is a SMW ripoff.. well, now THAT has a lot of merit. The two are very very very similar.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!