Code of Conduct

Default Bulgari pour homme longetivity...

Hey Folks,

I wore Bulgari pour homme today and couldn't smell it after 5 minutes after application. Yet after 8 hrs I had several people ask what I was wearing. Does anybody else find that Bulgari has deceiving longetivity?

Nick

Default Re: Bulgari pour homme longetivity...

Yes. I wasn't quite as bad as you, but I used to think it only lasted two hours. Over time I must have gotten more sensitive to it, it lasts a lot longer.
    Renato

Very deceiving, it appears some people have a hard time detecting the musk note in the base after a while. I find it stays extremely close to the skin but lasts a whole day.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I owned it for about one month, then I gave it to a friend who I know is truly able to appreciate it. I really did enjoy it, but it is the only juice that I have ever worn (or sampled, for that matter) that made me sneeze every time I wore it. With respect to longevity, it lasted all day on my skin, but it did seem to wear rather close. It really is strange how individual the longevity issue can be, based on differing skin types. I really wish I could wear Bulgari pour Homme, but in my case, no dice.

Either you applied too much resulting in olfactory fatigue or you're anosmic to the musk used in it.

I started using Bvlagri PH as my going to the Doctor's scent - only 8 or 9 sprays so that it smelled nice, but wasn't offensive to others.
    Renato

Me too, but a a few hours instead of 5 minutes. After a few hours I could detect it when I moved.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Basenotes Plus

Yeah, it does play 'hide and seek'. But there can be little doubt about its longevity - easily 6-8 hours on my skin.

Thank you for the replies folks. Actually someone was appoximately 3 feet away from me when they asked what cologne I was wearing, so I'm assuming Bulgari projects a little further than expected. Gendarme EDP has the same effect on me. I can't detect it after a few minutes yet I get compliments many hours after I've sprayed it....

Bulgari PH is well known for misleading its wearers into thinking it has no longevity or sillage. It's actually relatively well-endowed in both categories. I can easily smell it on myself for hours, but it appears that I'm in the minority.

Try spraying it on your wrists so you can take a direct whiff when you want to enjoy it yourself!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Yeah, it does play 'hide and seek'. But there can be little doubt about its longevity - easily 6-8 hours on my skin.
    Yupp, perfect description of its behavior. I've noticed the same thing on me, and that is partially why I appreciate it the way I do.

---
    Last edited by shifts; 23rd April 2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: double post