Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 22 April

Good morning!

Still stuck with Caron N'Aimez Que Moi...

Enjoy your day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŁber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 22 April

Good morning everyone Finally I can say that spring seems to be here now. It's a sunny day and I'm in Shalimar for the 4th lessonday. Only one to go before studying to the oral exam starts for real!:O
    Last edited by ineespenes; 22nd April 2010 at 05:13 AM.

Good luck with the lessons Ineespenes!
    It is sunny here too, but very chilly.
    I am testing CUIR BELUGA and am very happy with it so far:
    luxurious, soft, buttery leather with heliotrope and immortelle
    (that amazing burnt-sugar note.) Wow, this is pure indulgence.
    Thank you Chaya!

En Avion for me again.

As I said before, it's not the bitch-slap-in-a-bottle that is Tabac Blond. Perhaps it's a little too well-mannered, but it is growing on me.

Eau Premiere--the love continues.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Quote Originally Posted by sean-dt View Post
    bitch-slap-in-a-bottle that is Tabac Blond
    Love that description, fantastic!

And how heavenly does that Cuir Beluga sound, Kewart?!

I'm smelling spunky in a sillage bomb of vintage Rive Gauche. Love it. And looking forward to seeing my favourite old '80s band, Kid Creole and the Coconuts, in concert tonight!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Diptyque L’Ombre dans L’Eau.

Notes include black currant leaves and Bulgarian rose.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

I'm continuing my journey with Nutrius Velvet Tuberose, body spray layered over the lotion--further proof that one doesn't have to break the bank to smell sensational.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." Ambrose Redmoon

May each of us take the risks necessary to attempt what is meaningful...

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 22 April

Love you all

Vincent Marcello's the Glorious

yatagan

CARON
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Luvvin' you too Roberto! Always look forward to the great graphics you and Joe treat us to every morning (Kumquat too) - you never fail to surprise and delight!!

Movin' right along in this ayem's classic vein in ...
    VINTAGE (1950) Mitsouko EdC

...thanks to the divine WolfGirl.

This is almost unrecognizable Mitsy - let bbBD explain:

"Instead, let me briefly plug the vintage Eau de Cologne formula of Mitsouko. These EdCs are often overlooked. Instead of just being watered down versions of the EdT, these EdC formulas are unique compositions. The compositions themselves are lighter and less dense, but that doesn't mean the sillage and longevity are any lighter or reduced. I recently acquired Mitsy in EdC and it may be my favorite formula. Unlike other formulas the bergamot component of the chypre formula is very distinct and mixed well with the peachy top/mid notes, making a bright and sunny citrus/fruity opening. The bright citrus/fruit opening moves over the next half hour to the classic mossy/woody base. As it moves to the base quickly, one can experience the 'chypre base' for a long time, a real treat for us chypre fans who are used to just getting a hint of oakmoss as our perfumes fade off the skin."
    Last edited by TaoLady; 22nd April 2010 at 11:47 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Good Morning All!

SOTD is Chopard Casmir in all its vanilla deliciousness.

Reine

Ineespenes, good luck with the lessons & getting ready for exams.

I'm joining the other vintagers this morning in vintage Y parfum.

Taolady, vintage Guerlain classics in the edc are the bestest stuff. It's truly tragic that they don't make 'em like that anymore.

Happy Thursday, all!

Basenotes Plus

Roberto - love you back! xxxooo

L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant. Still sans sniffer thanks to Teh Cold but I took the day off from work and plan to spend most of it in a horizontal position. A good nap never hurt anyone.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

1 Million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Youth Dew edp (blue bottle) and sending a huge "thank you" to mysticknot.

My daughter is still home from school sick, day 4. We've done blood test, cardiologist, today is the neurologist. So frustrating.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Micallef Ananda today.

Havana Vanille this morning. Have a great day all.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Oh, honey RHM. You’re a wonderful mother. Daughter knows she is being cared about and cared for. Diagnosing has never been so advanced. Better days are coming. Hugs and hugs.

Lilybelle, look at you so cute and politically correct in your observations about Wisteria. Having no first-hand experience with the vine, I googled and found a headline that seems to sum up the plant’s reputation: Look Good, Smell Better, Act Bad. The painting you posted was captivatingly beautiful.

Yesters Mitsouko/Macchia Mediterranea comparison test was revealing. While they are less similar when compared side by side, they are wholly compatible, especially on the drydown. While Mitsy retains that sharp peach element and Mach Med is woody and a bit sweeter, they certainly make a fine pairing. Will have to try wearing them layered. That’s not blasphemy. Even Luca Turin found Hindu Kush along the same lines as parts of Mitsy. For now, heading to the shower and will see what appeals later.

Wishing you a healthy Earth Day today and every day. ~ Q
    Last edited by Quarry; 22nd April 2010 at 01:14 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Lilybelle, look at you so cute and politically correct in your observations about Wisteria. Having no first-hand experience with the vine, I googled and found a headline that seems to sum up the plant’s reputation: Look Good, Smell Better, Act Bad. The painting you posted was captivatingly beautiful.
    You are rubbing off on me, Quarry.

It has been a couple days since I posted here...wore PG Cuir d'Iris on Tuesday and layered Hermes Gentiane Blanche with Miller Harris Tangerine Vert yesterday. I hope everybody is doing well and that there is resolution soon for all the frustrations and wobbles going on!

Today, have not selected SotD yet, but Anteaus in the Air is giving me ideas...

Was there ever a better smelling forum? Lilybelle, Quarry, RHM, Cello and Tdem. Inees, Soir, Taolady and Petruccijc ~ when I see you post in SOTD my world is suddenly brighter! Naps, gardens, doctors and spritzers...blessings of good fortune to all on this Earth Day. My own scent, 31 Rue Cambon.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    You are rubbing off on me, Quarry.
    One down Ö five billion nine hundred ninety-nine million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine to go. Butís easier to get Perfumistas to think green than to get Greenies to think perfume. Iíve tried.

Applied Mandragore, but not totally satisfied, so I topped it with a sample of The Color Orange from Dawn Spencer Hurwitz. Meh. Thisíll do. At least I smell interesting.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

[Lilium Auratum by John Frederick Lewis (detail)]

Lily Flower Attar. I know lilies inspire the flight or fight response in some, but I find them absolutely enchanting. And not at all hamlike :) This attar is like the green waxyness of just opening oriental lilies, before they get all big and bolshy, take over your living room and start screaming 'Feeeeeed me, Seymour'!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

I am wearing Neil Morris's Gandhara. Its evolution never ceases to amaze and delight.

I'm now in Paco Rabanne Calandre.

Hello everyone!

Still in Mom's stuff, this morning it's vintage Chanel No. 5 parfum and edc. Even though I love it I don't wear it much because it seems so ubiquitous, but in reality I never smell it on anyone anymore. I wonder if someone will recognize it on me today...if not, it certainly won't be for lack of sillage!

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Tangerine Vert - Miller harris
    Wishlist is pointless.

I am sailing off to work in the beauty of Chamade, thanks to a friend's suggestion. :-)

Basenotes Institution

Y'all are smelling very very good , people !

RHM - more HUGS to you. Lots of healing thoughts for your daughter .

This morning it's Vol de Nuit extrait. I found out recently that this is Carla Bruni's signature scent - I guess it fits her well !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 22nd April 2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Why can't I spell online ??!

Blog Entries

Amouage - Ubar

Golden lily over hot spices. Somewhere, the fox glories in his elegant coat.
    He squints in the sun. Desert flowers; fushia and gay yellow.

Notes: Bergamot, lemon, lily of the valley, damascene rose, jasmine, civet, vanilla
    Last edited by kumquat; 22nd April 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Happy Earth Day everyone!

I haven't been posting much lately because I've been doing so much writing that I haven't felt up to writing my little daily reviews. I've finally shed my guilt and want to check in with my peeps here on the forums.

First for any and all birthdays and events prior to today I hope they were all beautifully scented and thoroughly celebrated.
    For those who were suffering hopefully it is in the past.
    Now that I'm sort of caught up.

RHM these situations where the doctors can't pin something definitive down are nerve-wracking but I hope they can find something sooner rather than later.

I am wearing one of my acquisitions form Sniffapalooza today.

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine.

Definitely one of the highlights of Sniffapalooza for me. now that luckyscent is carrying them, they are worth a sample I think.

Have a Tranquil Thursday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 22nd April 2010 at 03:20 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Paloma Picasso.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Naps, gardens, doctors and spritzers...blessings of good fortune to all on this Earth Day. My own scent, 31 Rue Cambon.
    Lovely sentiment, Ubu.

And you smell pretty gorgeous, too
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

CB Perfume ~ To Smell a Flower. Happy Earth Day everyone!

Happy Earth Day! In honor of the occasion, I am wearing Vent Vert -- the mini just arrived in the mail last night. Crisp and a little harsh green at the opening, now it's turning into green and warm, like hay with wildflowers mixed in drying in the sun.

Balmain de Balmain

Hello all! Murasaki for me today...

Blog Entries

RHM, health and strengths to you and your daughter!

Eva, thanks for the quote and for the message! I needed something like today as I am willing to take some risks, stepping into a professional field that is quite new to me. It may lead me to a nice volunteer experience or it may lead me to a career change -- that I don't know right now! Anyway, your message was right on target for me today, thank you.

I have Miracle on me and in my purse should I need to touch up during this long day full of meetings. A+ for getting me going so far!!

Eau Sauvage

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotE;

I've finally fallen i love with this
    to me previously disgusting juice

I'm in Ormonde Woman today. Take care, all.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Butís easier to get Perfumistas to think green than to get Greenies to think perfume. Iíve tried.
    That's the truth!

Happy Earth Day to everyone!

RHM - to you and your daughter

SMM - glad to see you!

Today I am in: AM - PdN Odalisque
    Last night went to bed in: Chant d'aromes
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Plus

You all are so kind! Thank you, very, very much.

We're home and I do believe we have had some success. We saw a pediatric neurologist, a really wonderful guy. He diagnosed Sofie with vertingious migraines, with a "touch" of panic attack. I vividly remember the fear I felt as a migraine developed, so I can well believe the "panic" part.

No quick fixes but it's not something life threatening.

I have to change my SOTD, Sofie says she smells "cat pee" in the dry down of YD, edp. So after I wash this off, I'll put on something she enjoys: VISA edp. (Her choice.)
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

RHM - I am glad that you had a reasonably good visit with your neurologist. Good to have an idea of what is going on...(((RHM and Sofie))) I hope she feels better very soon. (Did he prescribe something that might help her a little?)

SOTD: Boucheron

Last night, my sampling of the Orange Sanguine put me in a mood where I really wanted to sniff those cheery orange blossoms at the top of the Boucheron...it feels like a long week, doesn't it? BTW, I noticed SMM's comment about the Orange Sanguine at LS (yay!), but Neiman's also carries it (the samples I have were included in their recent "Beauty Event" promo maybe a month or so ago). Just in case anyone was wondering...

Lots of very realistic orange in the OS (actually, more like freshly peeled tangerine, skin and all, to my nose)...I can never seem to stay awake long enough to enjoy the drydown, and when I wake in the morning, it's completely vanished.

Love and hugs to all...have a great Thursday...
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 22nd April 2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: cannot spell

Basenotes Plus

Mysticknot I love that picture!

Today I'm wearing the beautiful Amaranthine.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

RHM, I hope your daughter feels better soon! I can imagine how much you worry...

The problems in work (and not only there) become more difficult from day to day...

Sotd was Noix de Tubereuse - Miller Harris

kumquat, I love this picture!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Thursday 22 April

Shalimar EDP.

Happy Earth Day!

Jean Couturier's Coriandre for me.

Basenotes Institution

Can you imagine I forgot it was Earth Day till now ??? So Happy Earth day everyone - recycling stuff ,trying not to use the lights so much - so I guess that counts for me today.

This evening I am wearing Tihota by Indult from a sample . A very good creamy ,buttery vanilla and musk scent but OH so so expensive and frankly, I still prefer the scent of Olay's Vanilla Indulgence . NOTHING , I mean NOTHING beats Olay's Vanilla Indulgence. If they made that into a body spray -, I'll buy what they have at Target, by the carton.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 23rd April 2010 at 12:01 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Poor Sof, and you, too, RHM..

What a rough time it's been.
    Joining in to wish you healing and better times.

Don't you folks smell good !
    Happy Earth Day- and birthdays to those I've missed .

Today I wore BOTH Niki AND Le Temps D'Une Fete.
    Nobara-Cha for sleep- tea w/ roses, amber.

So happy to see you enjoying your SOTD, Kewart ;-)

Love to all.
    I'm laying lower these days; Retrograde Mercury is not the best time to try to communicate without complication- at least, NOT PUBLICLY, LOL ;-0
    [Great time to exercise, diet, clean, search one's soul]

Big Hugs !

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Bulgari pour Femme today, a lovely and elegant rose + violet fragrance that seems perfect for Spring.

RHM, please give my best to Sofie ... and a few hugs also.

Chaya, could you please explain this Retrograde Mercury thing? It could cause communication issues? Boy oh boy, has THAT been happening at work!!!

Kumquat, your picture today is a stunner! Wow.

Wearing Chanel No 19 today. Nice and green. I think I wore Eau Premiere yesterday, but at this point, I'm not sure.

Have a good evening, all!

I'm wearing Hermes Un Jardin Apres la Mousson for the evening, because it is apres la mousson here this evening. Thunderstorms all afternoon, and cool.

Today was Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie. Happy Earth Day to all!
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Barney's Route du The'
    Gary

Asha, I have been missing you! Now, I also miss ComDiva, musse, Riannon, and now Sunnyfunny. Hope you are OK, gals?

When Mercury is retrograde, it is best time to reflect upon the past -- both distant and recent -- and to analyze the mistakes we have all made and their impact on us and our surroundings. Contemplate or sleep. Do not start anything new, shy away from gossip -- all will go crooked and your words will be all twisted, you do not need that! Frequent stops and miscommunication is possible on all levels -- family, country leaders, businesses. Humble yourself down, crawl back to you shell, sniff the flowers, read the book, speak as little as possible.

Annick Goutal Grand Amour (after all those XerJoff samplings and testings, I have almost written D'un Amore Grande, like from that 80-s song), rather enjoying it.
    Last edited by Twolf; 23rd April 2010 at 02:46 AM.

(((RHM & Sophie))) It looks like you are on your way to finding a resolution. Healing vibes coming your way!
    (((Dora))) Don't let work get you down.

Guerlain Tokyo for me today. A pleasant tea fragrance.
    Evenstar

Hello to all my darlings and Happy Earth Day.
    I have been so consumed with the house restoration that I have neglected BN and everyone here. My super apologies to everyone and birthday wishes to all those that I missed and joyful wishes for all other occasions and prayers that all sadness/illness is long gone at this point in time.

RHM, my goodness you and Sofie are having a time of it. I wish you both the best and give that sweetheart a huge loving hug from me. At least you have somewhat of an answer now though.

I have not posted in...well, forever, at least that is what it feels like. But I have been wearing many of my older Nina Ricci scents almost exclusively for months. Nina (original), L'air du Temps, Farouche, Eau de Fleurs, Fleur de Fleurs, Capricci, Cœur Joie, Mademoiselle Ricci, Fille d'»ve and Deci Dela. So that sums up my SotD for the last few months

My SotD, I was quite under the weather (tore up old floorboards in the upstairs bathroom yesterday) and just barely pulled myself out of bed, but I dabbed on some Mademoiselle Ricci, which is a Nina Ricci treasure, albeit a pretty much unknown treasure. But it was perfect for a pain filled groggy day.

Wishing you all joy, happiness, peace, tranquility and good health

As always, love and hugs to all.

Oh, and of course, huge welcomes to all of the newer members. You have found fragrance Nirvana here.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser ŗ sa source

I went back to my fresh bottle of Pleasures today. I love it when I get a fresh bottle of perfume : )
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com