Code of Conduct

Question Tobacco Fragrances

I need some names of fragrances that give you that "i-just-smoked-a-ciggarette" vibe.

I currently own Versace The Dreamer, which is a very nice tobacco. I'm also thinking of purchasing Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens, but first I would be happy to see what your recommendations look like.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Tobacco Fragrances

Michael Kors would probably have the vibe you are looking for.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 22nd April 2010 at 08:49 PM.

It may not smell exactly like a smoked cigarette, but Creed Tabarome Millesime is a extremely elegant, sensual, masculine tabacco based scent.

I've never tried it, but a friend told me that "Fumerie Turque" smells exactly like it's name, loaded with tobacco!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    It may not smell exactly like a smoked cigarette, but Creed Tabarome Millesime is a extremely elegant, sensual, masculine tabacco based scent.
    Yes, I love Tabarome Millesime as well.

Caron Tabac Blond smells like a leather ash tray. Love it.

I just tried Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris and it's wonderful. I'm not so sure about the "just-smoked-a-cigarette" thing, but this fragrance is elegant. More like un-smoked tobacco, or maybe smoked pipe-tobacco.

I think "I just skomed a cigarette" and "tobacco" are two completely different scents. For tha first one I can only suggest Nobile 1942 Colonia Maxima: very unconventional but fresh fragrance which at some point smells like cigarette skome on clean clothes. For the second, Fumerie Turque (typical pipe tobacco) and Fougere Bengale (herbal, unprocessed tobacco leaves).

SMN Acqua di Cuba (for a cigar smell), La Via del Profumo Tabac (unsmoked pipe tobacco) and Alt Innsbruck (menthol cigarette smell)

How about: "I just smoked a PACK of cigarettes and tried to cover the smell with Antaeus."?
    Salvador Dali pour Homme

Some of the best and also most affordable "unsmoked tobacco" frags is the good ole Tabac Original

Trussardi Uomo & Open by Roger & Gallet = smoked cigarettes odours .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Romance Silver and Purple Label by Ralph Lauren both have a nice tobacco flower note. I would recommend Romance Silver since it should be a bit cheaper, and smells similar enough. I bought a decant of Fumerie Turque last winter. It's an expensive frag in a full size bottle. I would be wary of blind buying something like that. I tested it on my skin, but never wore it anywhere. It is unisex, so it might suggest a perfumy vibe.

The One by D&G - nice & classy drydown tobacco notes. Perfect & rich blended
    Jazz by YSL - Recognize as strong tobacco worth to add into your wardrobe.
    Quorum - Definitly the powerfull of tobacco & leathery powerhouse

Hilde Soiliani Bell' Antonio is the smell of smoked cigarettes and coffee. Reminds me of diners I hung out in at 4AM.
    Another one is Etat Libre D'Orange Jasmin et Cigarette it is a very interesting fragrance indoles and cigarette, not for everybody to be sure.
    One of the most interesting tobacco fragrances is Alt-Innsbruck it is an old cologne/ after shave that has a deliciously narcotic tobacco feel to it. Feels like slapping a Kool menthol cigarette on your face.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 22nd April 2010 at 03:24 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Hmmm...Ima' juss' gonna be trite in an instant...POLO GREEN!!! WOO!

Oh...Aramis Havana is definitely a tobacco scent, though can be Usurped with the bayside rum at times..

Cheers!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

What about "I just smoked a fresh cut Cuban cigar"? Check out cigar by Remy Latour, it's mighty good. People compare it to Cuba Red, but they are nothing alike. Cuba Red is much more spicy and synthetic smelling, Cigar actually smells like its name.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Another one is Etat Libre D'Orange Jasmin et Cigarette it is a very interesting fragrance indoles and cigarette, not for everybody to be sure.
    It is definitely for me - I love it!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

My exploration of tobacco led to so many wonderful scents but, as petruccijc and SMM point out, not for everyone:

Jasmin et Cigarette by ELdO ("ashtray" floral scent)
    Back to Black By Kilian (sweet vanilla pipe tobacco)
    Aimez Moi by Caron (violet with tobacco)
    Versace The Dreamer (light tobacco notes)
    Ambre Russe (light tobacco scent with tea and vodka, amber to swoon over)
    Le Dandy by D'Orsay (YES, I know...tobacco with cognac)
    Tabacca by Costamor (sweet tobacco fruity)
    Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood (tobacco/powdery)
    Habanita by Molinard (tobacco with vanilla and vetiver/powder)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffin View Post
    The One by D&G - nice & classy drydown tobacco notes. Perfect & rich blended
    Jazz by YSL - Recognize as strong tobacco worth to add into your wardrobe.
    Quorum - Definitly the powerfull of tobacco & leathery powerhouse
    I don't know about Jazz having tobacco that is noticeable, but Quorum is powerful tobacco, with greenery on top.

I was thinking Tobacco Vanille too, but it smells more like the tobacco plant itself.

Ulrich Lang Anvers has a drydown of nice cigarette tobacco.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Ulrich Lang Anvers has a drydown of nice cigarette tobacco.
    Yes, I was about to recommend this one as well. Actually, I am surprised I rarely here the mention of the similarities of Anvers to Aramis Havana. They are not identical, but surely they share a similar accord at some point.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

i agree to Jasmin et Cigarette by ELdO ("ashtray" floral scent) & Trussardi Uomo recommendations..

Mustang by Dorall.

Temperament

I hear Michael Kors has a touch of tobacco. Is this true? I have not tried this.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I agree with Balava- Polo green.

Maybe more of a leather note, but I do pick up some tobacco:
    Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - Parfum D'Habit

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    I think "I just smoked a cigarette" and "tobacco" are two completely different scents...
    +1 That's exactly what I was thinking too.

But if "I-just-smoked-a-cigarette" vibe is what I'm after, I'd probably pick Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme with its stale cigarette undertones. +1 on Michael from Michael Kors too.

I smoke about two packs a day, and I hate the after-smoking scent. Especially hate if it's the I-smoked-a-cigarette-in-under-a-minute type.

Though I love the smell of a fresh cigarette, or better yet, quality rolling tobacco.

Dependent

Tea For Two has a good amount of smoke going on.

My god, I have to get my hands on a lot of samples to test them out. So far, THANKS! to you all for your responses.

Hillaire

Very surprised no one has mentioned Tabac Aurea from SSS...

odori tabacco
    Last edited by tuisquash; 24th April 2010 at 11:41 AM.

[QUOTE=trapper;1816383] fragrances that give you that "i-just-smoked-a-ciggarette" vibe.

QUOTE]
    Besides this, Tabac Original

I get a bit of a "just smoked a cigarette" vibe from Armani Diamonds actually. Ditto for Romance Silver. Havana, Michael Kors, Tea for Two and Fumerie Turque are all good choices as well.

Oh tobacco..Jasmin et cigarette gives the impression of "I just smoked a cigarette while wearing jasmine perfume.
    Fumerie Turque and Chergui are more of a hookah smoky note not cigarette.They both remind me of coffeeshops in Maghreb countries where the men drink coffees and smoke hookah!For a clean tobacco note Herrera for men!

The original Polo (Green)

I make note a diffrence between "just smoked a cigarette" and a tobacco smell, so some of the tobacco scents referenced don't sound to me like "just smoked a cigarette."

Jasmin et Cigarette by ELdO sounds like a possibility. I know some people think Creed BdP has a bit of an "ashtray" smell.

PawelL

Green Polo, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    How about Serge's Gris Clair? I remember something about ashyness
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

SMN Tabacco Toscano> cigar tobacco + honey

Polo, definitely, but it's more frankincense than tobacco. The original Aramis is probably closer to cigarette smoke, but it too smells more like the inside of a church.

Then again, cigarette smoke is a rather stale, nauseating sort of aroma, and I don't imagine it's something that any perfumer aspires to.

One word: Fumidus