Code of Conduct

Default Newbie - Lime Cologne

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum

May i thank you for my admittance

I was hoping you could help and giv me some advice on a long lasting lime cologne or EDP. I find that most disappear all too quick. I dont like the Geo trumper version and would quite like something to compliment my T&H lime aftershave balm

All help and suggestions gratefcully appreciatted

Default Re: Newbie - Lime Cologne

My limey cologne choice is CK one Electric.

It might be a bit out of your price range but my favorite long lasting lime fragrance is Nouveau Bowery. It essentially is reminiscent of a sparkling lime popsicle and the lime never goes away.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I'm not familiar with T&H lime aftershave balm but I like Guerlain Homme for my lime fix.

creed virgin island water.

A really well done "cheapo" that has long-lasting lime is Samba Kiss Me for Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    A really well done "cheapo" that has long-lasting lime is Samba Kiss Me for Men.
    Your review on here mentions lime, but the others do not and I can't seem to find reviews of this elsewhere. How would you describe the lime in this one? Like 7-UP style lime or like lime from a typical lotion type smell or what?
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Have you tried the Truefitt West Indian Limes cologne? That would be the obvious choice with your aftershave.

Floris Limes and Anglia Perfumery Spiced Limes both last reasonably well but both move away from the pure lime fairly rapidly - and there is the problem, lime is very volatile and evaporates quickly and thus will never last for a long time.
    Montale Aromatic Lime lasts quite well but is not really a sharp Lime.
    I rather like St Johns Bay Rum with lime but that may not be what you are after, being a bay rum.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

First off, FANTASTIC choice for after-shave!

I haven't yet tried it but Crabtree & Evelyn makes one called West Indian Limes that may be worth trying, and easily accessible too.

Hi salty205 -

Set Sail St. Barts is a great summer fragrance with lime in the top note. Also, you might try Happy for Men by Clinique - it has a lime and citrus top note and it stays pretty citrus throughout the drydown. Allure Homme Sport has a great citrus (mostly orange though, not lime) scent.

Blog Entries

Okay everybody stand aside, I got this one...............Davidoff's Good Life, get it before it disappears!

To be honest the only Good Life products I have tried are the bar soap and the deodorant stick, so the EDT might be different.

But when I first applied the stick, whoa!..............Limes, limEs, limeS, limes............like you're in the middle of a road with a lime orchard on one side and a margarita mix manufacturer on the other.

Of course those two products will not project or last as long as an EDT but all I can say, from my experience is.....the lime note is hard to miss.
    Last edited by odioustoilet; 24th May 2010 at 04:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Royall Lyme is a fantastic and classic lime cologne. You can try it at a Brooks Brothers store and can be bought quite cheaply.

+1 on Virgin Island Water, or you might check out Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil. More of a grapefruit note in the latter, but nice citrus all the same.

Wink Re: Newbie - Lime Cologne

If you want to try a real true lime scented cologne, I have a recipe for you. I've tried a few and have never been able to find one with the true scent of lime zest (which I love).
    Get yourself a bottle of 4711 (fairly cheap) and a good quality bottle of lime oil (also quite reasonable). Using a perfumer's funnel, add lime oil to the 4711 til you get the intensity you want. Shake the cologne a lot to disperse the oil...it may look cloudy for a bit, but generally clears over time.
    I love the stuff! It lasts fairly long, and body heat reactivates it.

Years ago, Caswell Massey make a scent I loved that was like spiced oranges. I've also used 4711 to approximate it -- orange, clove, and cinnamon oil. True autumn in a bottle -- nice warm scent.

Extract of Lime by Penhaligons

west indian lime is good. best though is royall lyme!!! its very brisk-not sweet. peppery. i guess its manly lime, not popsickle lime. if that makes any sense. a small bottle is $12 or so. i think it will satisfy your craving for lime! i also like mediterraneo by antonio bandaras. limey. sweet, but limey.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    First off, FANTASTIC choice for after-shave!

I haven't yet tried it but Crabtree & Evelyn makes one called West Indian Limes that may be worth trying, and easily accessible too.

Basenotes Institution

Moustache Concentree by Rochas. Get the vintage juice (in the column-shaped, ribbed glass bottle) if you can. Lime for days!