Code of Conduct

Default Anything that smells like AXE Dark Temptation?

That stuff smells good. But is there any cologne that smells like it as well?

Default Re: Anything that smells like AXE Dark Temptation?

A*Men in some way

Rochas Man.

Rochas Man, Thallium Cologne, New Haarlem, Try the new AMEN Sunnessence,

Post Thanks / Like

Animale Animale

A*Men

I just tried Dark Temptation at mall. Its VERY CLOSE to Rochas Man. Actually its name could be Rochas Man light.
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

Post Thanks / Like

I think it smells closer to Rochas Man than it does to A*Men. But I'm sure both A*Men and Rochase Man were sort of the "inspiration" for Axe's when they developed Dark Temptations.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 Animale Animale

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I think it smells closer to Rochas Man than it does to A*Men. But I'm sure both A*Men and Rochase Man were sort of the "inspiration" for Axe's when they developed Dark Temptations.
    I agree. A*Men Pure Coffee and Pure Malt *may* be a bit closer than A*Men itself, but Rochas Man is probably closest.

I also recently sniffed a very nice all-natural called Craving (www.perfumebynature.com.au) - it struck me as Dark Temptation where the embedded "lighter" fresh and floral notes are substituted by DARKER notes that are deeper and richer than the main gourmand accord - stuff like smoke, incense and vetiver, plus a really nice maple syrup note. It's a chocoholic's dream. There is also one called Death by Chocolate by the same perfumer - I simply can't imagine anything more gourmand than Craving, so it must be using something illegal.

A*Men for sure, I habitually confuse the two when I smell one or the other on someone in passing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I really dont get A*Men smelling like it...it just smells so cheap i can't really see any comparison

If you've ever tried out Aeropostale's "benton cologne" it smells *exactly* like it, even on my skin. Minus the cheap chemical smell that AXE has from the propellants, of course

Post Thanks / Like

Bod Man Body Heat x2 (the little pineapple grenade bottle)

This is the closest thing I've found to Dark Temptation, but it's also very much like Rochas Man, so I guess this or RM would work out. Don't be fooled by the name of this stuff though, this is a great EDT with fantastic longevity and projection. The quality is far beyond what you pay as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    If you've ever tried out Aeropostale's "benton cologne" it smells *exactly* like it, even on my skin. Minus the cheap chemical smell that AXE has from the propellants, of course
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Bod Man Body Heat x2 (the little pineapple grenade bottle)

This is the closest thing I've found to Dark Temptation, but it's also very much like Rochas Man, so I guess this or RM would work out. Don't be fooled by the name of this stuff though, this is a great EDT with fantastic longevity and projection. The quality is far beyond what you pay as well.
    Cool - I am going to have to check these out. Gourmand is one of my favorite classifications, but I'm picky about new additions. What seems inconsequential to one person can be a make-or-break thing for me. Gotta sniff 'em all.

Dark Temptation was done by a very good perfumer, who (IMO) did very well within the constraints of a $4.99 can. If these come close, they could be very enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a small travel spray of Dark Temptation for a few dollars to try out, but was very disappointed by the fragrance. The individual notes were intersesting. There was warmth and a dark chocolate like coffee note, but also some sort of disturbing synthetic wood that made the whole mess smell kind of sour. I waited and thought the sour clunky note would disappear but no it just stayed there. I honestly can not see what people like about this scent. Maybe my bottle was a poorly mixed batch or possibly I was trying to smell it too closely. Actually the scent from a couple feet away smelled pretty nice, but up close it was not good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    ...but also some sort of disturbing synthetic wood that made the whole mess smell kind of sour.
    LOL

Now we're talkin'! Bring it ON!

Seriously, I love that sort of thing. I think you may have your answer as to why some people like this stuff. It has a certain Bulgari Black-ness to it.

This is the one thing of Axe I allow to hang around the rest of my fragrances, Love it! I am planning to pick up Rochas though, hopefully that will be a good substitution.

fountain

a*men

If you can sample some Lacoste Elegance, that has a close vibe as well. Maybe a bit spicer.

Never tried Axe Dark Temptation, but I think it's about dark (?) chocolate? If it's chocolate you're looking for I can recommend Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 with a nice dark chocolate-note. I can't believe I mention Axe and SL in the same post...

Would Givenchy's Very Irresistible for Men smell like Dark Temptation?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I picked up a small travel spray of Dark Temptation for a few dollars to try out, but was very disappointed by the fragrance. The individual notes were intersesting. There was warmth and a dark chocolate like coffee note, but also some sort of disturbing synthetic wood that made the whole mess smell kind of sour. I waited and thought the sour clunky note would disappear but no it just stayed there. I honestly can not see what people like about this scent. Maybe my bottle was a poorly mixed batch or possibly I was trying to smell it too closely. Actually the scent from a couple feet away smelled pretty nice, but up close it was not good.
    i guess all Axe cologne smell good on others..not on self.. in other words, the sillage is better.

Bamp - does Givenchy's Very Irresistible smell like Dark Temptation?

Personally after testing out A*Men, Pure Malt, Rochas, I think Very Irresistible is the closest however Very Irresistible is more coffee and hazelnut. Very Irresistible is a great cologne in its own right.

I went and bought the deodorant body spray and the deodorant stick and they both smell completely different. The stick actually smells like farenheit cologne. Im still on the hunt for what the spray could smell like. Someone mentioned to me that it MIGHT actually be Avatar. Not to be confused with Avatare, which smells nothing like it at all.

Givenchy play intense smells quite alike!