Code of Conduct

Default Anyone here make a custom holding place for your frags?

I am thinking of making a custom shelving unit for my fragrances. I am remodeling my room (new paint,shelving,etc.) and I was thinking about making a shelving unit for my fragrances. "Bookshelf" is as close as I can get to describing to what I want to make but obviously much smaller. Glass shelves or something that will look nice rather them being on my 15 year old night stand.

Anyone here custom make something or you just stick them in a drawer/cabinet/on top of a dresser?

Default Re: Anyone here make a custom holding place for your frags?

jrd4t would be the guy to talk with regarding custom shelving. He's apparently even custom-designed his lighting system. It's a remarkable sight to behold.

i do like his setup with the glass and led lighting. superb quality and choice of design.
    Forcing Memories into Everyones Brains One Fragrance at a Time.

I have a double cupboard which was originally two long kitchen cabinets in pine, underneath which there are small apothecary like drawers into which I put samples (I've lost count of how many, lol). I have replaced the original shelving with new shallower shelves with closer spacing. The benefit has been that I can keep the bottles out of their boxes because the cupboard is dark, the beauty of that being that I open the cupboards and see my fragrances in their bottled loveliness. It's much more satisfying than seeing a bunch of boxes.

So, yes, I kind of do have a purpose built facility.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...