Code of Conduct

Default Creed shelf life

I have heard from different sources that Creed frags do not last long until they smells stale or turn bad. I would like to know from people who own Creed or know about this what is the shelf life of your Creeds. Do they last 5 years, 8 years, 10 years, as long as you want as long as you box it up and take care of it?

Default Re: Creed shelf life

I had a bottle of GIT go bad after about five years. I have a bottle of Mill. Imp. that went bad after about seven years.

I didn't treat them badly -at least no worse than the rest of my collection, most of which is around ten years old. I've never had anything go bad on me that wasn't Creed.

I too would be interested to know.

I don't there is going to be a consensus answer. But I'd guestimate about 5 years. I had a bottle of BdP that went dull. BUT, I don't store my frags in optimum conditions. There is some heavy heat in summer, and that can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I don't there is going to be a consensus answer. But I'd guestimate about 5 years. I had a bottle of BdP that went dull. BUT, I don't store my frags in optimum conditions. There is some heavy heat in summer, and that can't help.
    in its box in a dark area with room temp i heard is the best place for storage

Buy a small bottle if you won't use a 4 oz within a year or so. Just my opinion. That's why I go for 4 oz instead of 8 oz flacons I can finish a 4oz in a year or so, provided it's my signature scent.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    in its box in a dark area with room temp i heard is the best place for storage
    My room temp sometimes hits in the 90s. Not sure if that plays a part. I do tend to think the clock is running on most Creeds...moreso than with other scents in my experience.

This is another aspect of Creed I do not enjoy
    I really don't keep them too long due to this reason as well
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

i haven't had any creed fragrances turn. So I say as long as you take care of them, they should be okay. That is the general rule for most fragrances.

A representative who works for Creed told me shelf life is far shorter than other fragrances because they use such natural ingredients. I asked how short and I guess they're really not allowed to say.. I eventually got the answer out of her she said, and I quote "A 4.0 oz GIT should be used within 3 years from the date it was made. You may notice small changes around that time or later"
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 23rd April 2010 at 05:51 AM.

thanks guys i appreciate it. i will have to do some extra research too i got someone who works for creed i will check it out.

I can`t finish my 6 creed bottles after only 3 years..

I have talked personally with a good buddy of mine who is a Creed rep. What he said to me was that if you keep them in the boxes, take care of them and keep them out of direct sunlight( since it will be in the box it will be protected,) and keep it out of extreme heat you will be fine. What happens is that many buy from the net and these Creeds might not have been well taken care of and improperly stored, it is better to buy from a saks, neiman marcus, creed boutique,places like that to get the best quality. Actually since it is natural it actually can get better with age like a fine wine, many like the newer released vintage tabarome because it has been aging longer than the other ones that were produced.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Actually since it is natural it actually can get better with age like a fine wine, many like the newer released vintage tabarome because it has been aging longer than the other ones that were produced.
    I disagree. They can turn bad, I've smelt a bad GIT before, it's pretty nasty on the top especially (very...rubbery/plasticy/rancid).

The oranges in my fruit bowl are all natural, but they sure smell like crap after a month or so. Same goes for any oils I've had for a few years. they go off.

wine..fragrances.. totally different chemistry we are working with here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    i haven't had any creed fragrances turn.
    Me neither.

i have heard of some people who have had creed for a decade and are still good, remember the vintage tabarome was stored for a long time before it was released and it was still good.

I returned the first two bottles of Neroli Sauvage I bought - online, from somewhat suspect dealers - and then had to pay full price at a high-end department store until I finally found the real beauty in this fragrance. I now own two bottles, a large one and a travel size, because I love it so much. I suspect other Creeds are in the same realm - relatively fragile, handle with care. So far, I haven't had any of my personal collection turn bad. I keep them in a dark closet, and it never gets too warm in my house.

SA like to say that it turns quickly so you can come back and buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    SA like to say that it turns quickly so you can come back and buy more.
    yep if you take care of it things will be ok

Love this thread. I'm fairly new to Creed. I keep my Collection of Creeds in their boxes on a shelf in my suit Closet where the door is always closed. No humidity, room temperature, No light. My oldest bottle is from 2009. Love all my Creeds.

I think if properly stored they can last a long time. I have a 2003 Bois de Cedrat that is beautiful, but I also have a 2003 Royal Scottish Lavender that seems to be going off, have had it for 2 years, it's half full, the lavender seems to be very muted and the spice is seeming to overpower everything. I did once get a bottle of Epicea from a reputable online site which had clearly turned, smelled sour and lasted 15 mintues. Ended up getting a very nice bottle from another site, which is just as old, but must have been cared for better, as it's better than the samples I have gotten at Saks. Sometimes they do seem to improve with time, but I would not count on that happening. I think for a couple of years at least most should be good.

Creed Boutique in New York says I should get at least 8 years if stored properly.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I had a bottle of Green Valley that smelled like stale berries on top, and the inside of a football player's cleat in the drydown. No doubt in my mind with this one - give it enough time, and it will turn rancid.

Green Irish Tweed - I owned a bottle that had technically turned, but it didn't harm the quality of the scent. The top notes were very spiky and had a sour edge to them, but somehow this did not effect how good it smelled. The drydown was just fine, exceptionally smooth. That bottle was ten years old.

My current GIT is a year old, and it smells better now than it did when I bought it a year ago.

I think taking care of the scent prevents the aging process from damaging the fragrance. Leaving it in the sun, on the back step, or in the ice box may change the scent and destroy it, as with the GV.

Banned

for what it's worth, i recently opened my bottle of CREED aftershave from like 1970.

smells perfectly fine.

(smells like a mix of Selection Verte and Epicea, if you're curious...)

Banned

sorry, double post.

(you look lovely today)
    Last edited by Reckoner; 6th February 2012 at 02:59 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    for what it's worth, i recently opened my bottle of CREED aftershave from like 1970.

smells perfectly fine.

(smells like a mix of Selection Verte and Epicea, if you're curious...)

That the one in the plain flask with the monochrome box? It's older than the '70s if it is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    That the one in the plain flask with the monochrome box? It's older than the '70s if it is.

exactly the same as this, except mine is a white box with blue label. the bottle is clear with a blue label. juice is amber colored.

i'll try to post a pic sometime...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    exactly the same as this, except mine is a white box with blue label. the bottle is clear with a blue label. juice is amber colored.

i'll try to post a pic sometime...
    Yeah that definitely looks more like a late '60s package to this graphic designer.

should last longer that this thread...
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152