Code of Conduct

Default Need something new...

Just moved to Baltimore to start a new career after a late finish at school. 29 now. White. 210lbs. I like the outdoors and nature. I've used aqua di gio and polo sport for a while now. Unfortunately, my first day at work was welcomed by the person in the cubicle next to me with aqua di gio, and the guy in the cubicle across from me in polo ralph lauren. Need something new, but I don't know what I'm doing!

Don't know anyone out here and need to make an impression not only at work but as I go out to meet people.

I need a good all day scent suitable for work. A nice summer scent for night. And a stronger masculine scent for formal settings and colder months.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Need something new...

Sample some Creeds...Himilaya, Green Irish Tweed, MI, and SMW to start. I'll also throw in Original Santal...I have a love hate relationship with that one.
    Last edited by The Grifter; 23rd April 2010 at 04:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Great everyday/office scents are what my wardrobe is made up of. Check out Versace Pour Homme, Bvlgari Pour Homme, Bvlgari Aqva, Gendarme, 212 Men, L'eau par Kenzo, L'eau D'Issey, and Paco Rabanne XS.
    Last edited by Tarheel Golfer; 23rd April 2010 at 04:10 AM.

Sexy:
    Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle (awesome/expensive)
    Confident and understated:
    Millesime Imperial by Creed
    Colder months:
    Bond no9 - New Haarlem (expensive)
    Warm months:
    Creed's Green Irish Tweed (awesome), Silver Mountain Water (yay), Bvlgari Aqua (meh), L'eau D'issey (I started with it, but meh)

What are some chains that carry Creed? Or are samples available through mail in places?

Sur la Plage

Work: Terre d'hermes

Summer Nights: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

Formal: Tiffany for Men

Welcome to Basenotes!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If you are an outdoorsman, maybe try something that fits that aspect of your personality. Davidoff Adventurer is pretty good.
    The first time I wore this at work, two different ladies commented on it. In summer, Azzaro Chrome is great. I've had positive feedback on that one as well. For colder weather, maybe something like Yves St. Laurent L'Homme or Rochas Man.
    For those hot summer nights, how about some Paul Smith Extreme. I think that is my favorite all-around frag right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raibaru View Post
    What are some chains that carry Creed? Or are samples available through mail in places?
    Nieman Marcus.

Http://www.theperfumedcourt.com

Sounds like you want to form a stark contrast from AdG and the like. A good idea. Fortunately, you have hundreds of excellent choices.

Terre d'Hermes is a good choice, in that it's inexpensive, easy to find, and yet doesn't smell like all those sporty/fresh things that Joe Sixpack thinks he's supposed to smell like.

Myself, I'd suggest Lalique's Encre Noire (smoky vetiver). The only thing like it is Chanel's Sycomore, which is a bit more refined, but at 5 times the price.

Like some said, L,eau d'issey , Terre d'hermes , All the creeds people have mention plus Creed Bois du Portugal, gucci pour homme 2.

For the sample try the perfumed court like Adonis Said.

Welcome!
    Last edited by _FP_; 23rd April 2010 at 11:50 PM.