Code of Conduct

Default 1 Million FAIL...too amusing not to share

So I decided to wear 1 Million to work this morning. Love it! Anyway, it was a groggy morning and I wasn't thinking too much about not overspraying. Couple blasts to the chest and a spray to my hand for a pat around the back of the neck. But as soon as I arrived at my desk, I heard, "Who stinks!" Ouch! This was followed by "Are you wearing an Axe products or something made by Mennen?" Ouch again! Then it was, "You smell like someone in line next to me at Kmart." It was brutal but all in good fun. I pulled my shirt up to my nose and retorted, "Nope, I smell awesome! You just have to wait for the dry down." "What's a dry down?" hahaha. But seriously it can be frustrating to be amongst married guys who haven't worn cologne since their honeymoon. Their idea of a fragrance is Zest, so they overreact to any "smell good" used in the office. Ultraviolet is another risky one. One too many sprays and had a friend tell me and hour later, "You know I can taste that."

Default Re: 1 Million FAIL...too amusing not to share

The guys might have been complaining, but the women were loving it...

Good story and exactly right.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Good story and exactly right.
    Exactly what I was thinkin. that's an hillarious story though.

Are you sure you didn't just overspray it?

smeller

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Are you sure you didn't just overspray it?
    + 1

I would NEVER wear 1 million in a workplace environment. I never put that stuff on until at least after dinner.

I Million sucks. It smells like a watered down Cool Waters. Hmm...Davidoff Cool Watered Down...

They were right.. 1 Million stinks

I happened to spritz some of this vile juice yesterday while I was ambling in the mall and man did I regret spraying it. It's very loud and one of the most synthetic smells I've encountered. The longevity is good I believe because I tiny test spray on my wrist overcame the several sprays of Eau de Patou , that I was wearing. This stuff is horrendous though me like the flacon. I have a weakness for shiny, gold objects.

Basenotes Plus

One spray to the solar plexus an hour before you're due to arrive at the office should do the trick... And get those work buddies of yours some good cologne at the next X' mas party! Nothing like shared 'misery' to bond over with...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    One spray to the solar plexus an hour before you're due to arrive at the office should do the trick... And get those work buddies of yours some good cologne at the next X' mas party! Nothing like shared 'misery' to bond over with...
    I agree with Diamondflame. The drydown is essential for some scents, such as Mouchoir de Monsieur or Parfum d'Habit. The stench in the topnotes will not be appreciated by non-perfumistas in the least.

What a shame that many men do not wear scent except to seduce women or impress their brides...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Nice story. OP just over did it. Not a disaster, or anything. No worries, as next time you can spray lighter.

With regards to waiting for the dry down, I must say, I find that most fragrances are "there" within 30 minutes on me applying. Especially the modern day designers and niche. Older fragrances take longer.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I finally tried 1 million not too long ago...Not really digging it. Too sweet.

I Million sucks
    This stuff is horrendous
    Ouch. Harsh, guys! Strangely, though, this makes me want to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by DHPet View Post
    The guys might have been complaining, but the women were loving it...
    Not all women love this scent...too sweet...try L'Occitane Eaux des Baux instead.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I finally tried 1 million not too long ago...Not really digging it. Too sweet.
    One has to admit it's not as bad as Black XS...

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    -This one is only for the night club. NOT FOR OFFICE.

1 Million? I've got encountered feelings about it, sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. But I don't think it is FBW.

By the way, there are cultural issues in reactions described: down here people don't complain at all. And as a matter of fact, one of the reasons I like taking the subway in the morning is because you can actually feel the sillage of fragrances applied by passangers - today Kenzo Power won by far. Some days ago it was the turn of Cool Water.
    Last edited by Pollux; 24th April 2010 at 12:15 AM.

Last edited by Pollux; 23rd April 2010 at 08:50 PM.

Hey! Rude! I like 1 million! :P
    I'm not your toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    ... And as a matter of fact, one of the reasons I like taking the subway in the morning is because you can actually feel the sillage of fragrances applied by passangers - today Kenzo Power won by far. Some days ago it was the turn of Cool Water.
    Wow. Kenzo Power has sillage ?! I have been so underwhelmed by my new bottle I just swapped for, mostly because of the lack of "power". But at least I know if I spray more I can get some. Problem is, I'm in North America. People will blast their music as loud as they want, and yet, the same person will complain about my fragrance.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I wish men were wearing 1 Million where I work. Instead three out of every four guys wearing scentsare wearing Joop Homme (it's been heavily discounted for about two years, and it shows). Try wearing Joop to work, and in a week's time they might be suggesting you get back to wearing 1 Million.

I got an email from a female friend the other day, telling me she'd just smelled 1 Million and that I should try it because it was one of the best men's ones she'd ever smelled. I replied that I'd tested ages ago, thought it was pretty good, posted that here, but hadn't felt compelled to buy it yet, preferring Black XS.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 24th April 2010 at 04:21 AM.