Code of Conduct

Default Versace The Dreamer discontinued ?

Can anyone tell me if this is true ?
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Default Re: Versace The Dreamer discontinued ?

supposedly it is, i have heard it from several sources

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 23rd April 2010 at 07:23 AM.

I saw it on sale for 18 euro for 50ml a few weeks ago at a discounter in when I was out shoppin, so I suppose they are dumping stock. When I went back to buy some it was gone

For sure it is available in almost all the stores in india where i m staying.

Apparently they changed the packaging. I have no idea about they are discontinued or reformulated or...

Old

New
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I saw a half dozen at a local discount store (100ml bottles, at that). I assumed they were "dumping stock" of a polarizing scent with low sales. I don't recall the box design though. Perhaps they are liquidating (no pun intended) the old package design so that the new one take take precedence. It seems like I saw the old box at Gordman's. I didn't buy since I already have a couple 50ml bottles, body wash, aftershave, etc...that I will never finish.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

I detected the NEW boxes now for very low prices;100 ml. for just 29,95 Euro.This could be a bad sign.In the last 15 months they sold out the old package,now its time for the most recent boxes.Its a good scent but I won't miss it.

I can't verify if its been discontinured but evidence seems to indicate it has been. Versace.com lists only Versace Man eau Fraiche and Versace pour homme. In the US, Nordstrom's, Macy's, Neiman Marcus and Sephora do not carry the dreamer.
    This is of course not conclusive. Best stock up if you are a fan.

Ok, so here's what I found out:

I called Versace customer service in NY. They told me that it was discontinued, but they brought it back in January 2010. It's available at the Versace boutique in NY and is in production in limited quantities. They're deciding on whether or not they will permanently discontinue it.

Not that I was a great fan, but I do find it appealing, and after this news I'm pondering should I own this classic...most probably I just might snap and add it to my collection

This is truly upsetting...

Blog Entries

anyone know if any places still carry it?

I know if you're in the states, you can find it at Perfumania in some shopping malls. You can still order it from fragrancenet, too.

When I was placing an order through fragrancenet for some stuff, I asked the rep over the phone if she knew if they were discontinuing The Dreamer or not; she said as far as they know, they're in the process of doing so... but she also said they're supposed to replace it with a new name and "basically" the same juice in the bottle.. just a new presentation basically (she sounded like a fan she was going on and on about fragrances) So odds are stock is gonna get really cheap in the next year and then -- however long it is before the shelves go bare (being The Dreamer.. probably won't be long) you'll see the prices shoot up dramatically as with many discontinued fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    When I was placing an order through fragrancenet for some stuff, I asked the rep over the phone if she knew if they were discontinuing The Dreamer or not; she said as far as they know, they're in the process of doing so... but she also said they're supposed to replace it with a new name and "basically" the same juice in the bottle.. just a new presentation basically (she sounded like a fan she was going on and on about fragrances) So odds are stock is gonna get really cheap in the next year and then -- however long it is before the shelves go bare (being The Dreamer.. probably won't be long) you'll see the prices shoot up dramatically as with many discontinued fragrances.

Thank you for the heads up, Cologneist...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

think itd be worth picking up a 3.4Oz for $35? ive never sampled it nor can i so idk if this would be a good blind buy

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    think itd be worth picking up a 3.4Oz for $35? ive never sampled it nor can i so idk if this would be a good blind buy
    You should sample it first to see if you can go pass the opening, some people can't.

I think its a nice frag.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    It is nice, but based on your wardrobe you may not like it. FragrancX has a sample vial for under 3 bucks shipped, which although a small amount, is a small price to pay for a fragrance you may or may not like. Even if you can get The Dreamer for 35 bucks which is a great deal; if you dislike it, that's 35 bucks down the drain.. 35 bucks that could have gotten you 3.3 oz of Burberry London or 35 bucks that could have gotten you a 4.2 oz Cool Water with money to spare on a value meal. http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

Why are they discontinuing it? Isn't it considered by many to be Versace's best men's fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Why are they discontinuing it? Isn't it considered by many to be Versace's best men's fragrance?
    Yup, wish I knew why. It's probably not "mainstream" or "youthful" enough to stay on the shelves in department stores where Versace makes most of its profits, with fragrances like PH, Man, and Eau Fraiche. Then again though as I said, the csr on the phone told me they may be remarketing it with a new appearance. Who knows.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 7th May 2010 at 08:57 AM.

I think The Dreamer topnotes are rough and most people buy at first sniff. This mellows to a warm, soapy tobacco scent that is...dreamy...

I am glad I have a bottle of this.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Man, I think everyone is crazy. The topnotes are my favorite part. To me the drydown is overrated tobacco simplicity that a lot of tobacco scents do better.

Hello guys this is my 1st post. I called The Miami Location, New York, and Atlanta locations. Atlanta said that they initially discontinued Dept. Stores but the Versace Corps. still have them. Atlanta for instance restocked because of the steady demand. Miami says you can order from the store.

Basenotes Member

Versace Dreamer is still in production, but limited in the states. While you can get it online, I would be cautious, because I have heard talk of some pretty old stock being sold online. I was in contact with Versace in New York and they informed me that Dreamer can be bought at Neiman Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by buddym View Post
    Versace Dreamer is still in production, but limited in the states. While you can get it online, I would be cautious, because I have heard talk of some pretty old stock being sold online. I was in contact with Versace in New York and they informed me that Dreamer can be bought at Neiman Marcus.
    No, it has been re-lauched and there is new packaging. The stock is not old. I mean, when you shop online, you never know. But if it is the new box packaging design, then it is not old stock. Check OhMyGods post above ( #6)
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Saw it at NM the other day.

Basenotes Member

RE: being old or not. I only posted to let those of you who might be interested that I heard of some bad product in new boxes. It was mentioned to me by friends who are fans of Dreamer that they feel they received what seems like out of date product in the new marketed boxes while buying online. I too buy product online and I am very careful when I order fragrances, so I thought I’d pass that on to the newbie’s.

I was never a big fan of dreamer, although I like the concept. I would rather splash on some BOELLIS Panama 1924 which has a slight resemblance but much richer, though more mild, little closer to the skin, but keeps much longer. It just plane smells much better. It’s pricy, but much better if you like tobacco blends. This one is first class, from Naples Italy and extremely enjoyable.

I have also come across it at a major department store, but can't remember which one.

I bought mine on amazon (shipped and sold by amazon), and it's very fresh. Everything that I've purchased from amazon has been very fresh.
    Last edited by UNCAlumni2009; 20th November 2011 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buddym View Post
    RE: being old or not. I only posted to let those of you who might be interested that I heard of some bad product in new boxes. It was mentioned to me by friends who are fans of Dreamer that they feel they received what seems like out of date product in the new marketed boxes while buying online. I too buy product online and I am very careful when I order fragrances, so I thought I’d pass that on to the newbie’s.

I was never a big fan of dreamer, although I like the concept. I would rather splash on some BOELLIS Panama 1924 which has a slight resemblance but much richer, though more mild, little closer to the skin, but keeps much longer. It just plane smells much better. It’s pricy, but much better if you like tobacco blends. This one is first class, from Naples Italy and extremely enjoyable.
    I see what you are saying. And yeah, I have gotten some bad juice online as well . Thanks for name dropping BOELLIS Panama 1924, I'll check out some info on it.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

For UK bn'ers, Debenhams (Manchester at least) have a load of this at a fairly low price. I'm just glad they had a tester out on display - if they hadn't, I'd have blind bought. This one is DEFINITELY not for me!

Dreamer is dumb name for a men's scent

passed on this as well.

I bought 50ml today from The Perfume Shop (UK chain). They had it discounted to £14.99 so I couldn't pass it by and I'm glad I didn't! I love the lavender in the opening and how it quickly and unexpectedly it turns into a tabacco-tonka beast. These are a few of my favourite things!

Still unsure about its discontinued status though, the bargain bin in The Perfume Shop is the only place I've ever seen it...

I know one thing, if it actually does get discontinued for sure, I'm buying a case to last me for the rest of my life It took me a while to come around to The Dreamer, but now it's the closest thing I have to a signature scent & it rates above all others (designer or niche) in my wardrobe.

Banned
    Blog Entries

still very avaliable everywhere in the U.S.

Thread is from 2010. It's 2013. now and Versace Dreamer is still well stocked in whole Croatia, and I do believe the rest of Europe.

Defintely not discontinued. Great scent!

I saw it yesterday at a discount store. $34.99 for 100ml. I considered buying it but passed. I like gourmands better than a tobacco scent. I wish they had a tester so I could smell this.

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    I saw it yesterday at a discount store. $34.99 for 100ml. I considered buying it but passed. I like gourmands better than a tobacco scent. I wish they had a tester so I could smell this.
    The prominent tonka bean in it does make it rather gourmand in my opinion. A fairly safe blind buy as far as I'm concerned, especially at that price!