Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Versace The Dreamer discontinued ?

Quote Originally Posted by buddym View Post
    RE: being old or not. I only posted to let those of you who might be interested that I heard of some bad product in new boxes. It was mentioned to me by friends who are fans of Dreamer that they feel they received what seems like out of date product in the new marketed boxes while buying online. I too buy product online and I am very careful when I order fragrances, so I thought I’d pass that on to the newbie’s.

I was never a big fan of dreamer, although I like the concept. I would rather splash on some BOELLIS Panama 1924 which has a slight resemblance but much richer, though more mild, little closer to the skin, but keeps much longer. It just plane smells much better. It’s pricy, but much better if you like tobacco blends. This one is first class, from Naples Italy and extremely enjoyable.
    I see what you are saying. And yeah, I have gotten some bad juice online as well . Thanks for name dropping BOELLIS Panama 1924, I'll check out some info on it.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

For UK bn'ers, Debenhams (Manchester at least) have a load of this at a fairly low price. I'm just glad they had a tester out on display - if they hadn't, I'd have blind bought. This one is DEFINITELY not for me!
    Currently wearing: Quercus by Penhaligon's

Dreamer is dumb name for a men's scent

passed on this as well.

I bought 50ml today from The Perfume Shop (UK chain). They had it discounted to £14.99 so I couldn't pass it by and I'm glad I didn't! I love the lavender in the opening and how it quickly and unexpectedly it turns into a tabacco-tonka beast. These are a few of my favourite things!

Still unsure about its discontinued status though, the bargain bin in The Perfume Shop is the only place I've ever seen it...

I know one thing, if it actually does get discontinued for sure, I'm buying a case to last me for the rest of my life It took me a while to come around to The Dreamer, but now it's the closest thing I have to a signature scent & it rates above all others (designer or niche) in my wardrobe.

Banned
    Blog Entries

still very avaliable everywhere in the U.S.

Thread is from 2010. It's 2013. now and Versace Dreamer is still well stocked in whole Croatia, and I do believe the rest of Europe.

Defintely not discontinued. Great scent!

I saw it yesterday at a discount store. $34.99 for 100ml. I considered buying it but passed. I like gourmands better than a tobacco scent. I wish they had a tester so I could smell this.

Quote Originally Posted by smellgood4u View Post
    I saw it yesterday at a discount store. $34.99 for 100ml. I considered buying it but passed. I like gourmands better than a tobacco scent. I wish they had a tester so I could smell this.
    The prominent tonka bean in it does make it rather gourmand in my opinion. A fairly safe blind buy as far as I'm concerned, especially at that price!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    The prominent tonka bean in it does make it rather gourmand in my opinion. A fairly safe blind buy as far as I'm concerned, especially at that price!
    Just picked this up at TJ Max in the US, also Marshals in some areas. $34 for 100ml figured why not, glad I picked it up blind. In reference to the pictures previously posted, it is the new packaging.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed