Code of Conduct

Talking A wonderful gift :) :)

Just had to post this as it is the first time I've gotten a scented gift.

My g/f said she had a surprise for me and presented me with a bottle of Givenchy Play Intense. I laughed because while I knew that she knew I liked it, I also knew that she absolutely loves this on me (and I have to admit, this scent works really really well on my skin - I nullify most of the sweetness and bring out a chocolate/tar/leather combo with only hints of sweet coffee and vanilla, and best of all is its diffusion - it creates a warm halo/aura instead of being more localized), so it was sort of a gift for her too. Kind of the equivalent of a man buying his woman lingerie . (yes, this one seriously makes her weak in the knees. The only other scent that elicits such a reaction from her is Lyric Man.)

I was stoked as I've not gotten many new scents in quite some time, and while I wouldn't have picked this scent up next it fits a huge hole in my wardrobe. It's also another scent created (well, co-created) by one of my newest favorite noses, Lucas Sieuzac (Jubilation 25, Reflection Man, Wicken 3000).

Before my excitement had even settled she told me to close my eyes and then moments later I found a box of John Varvatos Artisan in my hands. She remembered me talking about this from months ago when I tested it? Wow... awesome! I wanted a summery take on orange blossoms, and while APOM Homme was a contender it was a bit too amber heavy for the really warm days, and Pour Le Jeune Homme too smooth/rich, and nothing else really jumped out at me, until I tried Artisan. I thought Artisan would work just perfectly for the summer heat. I find it extremely natural and actually somewhat short-lived on me (thank god! I'm sick of every scent I try lasting 10+ hours, especially ostensibly light/summery scents). And that bottle. So cool.

I actually like that she didn't just pick up things off of my wishlist. Firstly, that's not possible as neither of us have the funds for expensive niche purchases, but secondly, she's buying scents that I like (and have commented very favorably on) but maybe wouldn't pick up myself for some reason or another (or not right now), despite the fact that I really do like them and they really do fit a hole in my 'drobe. I've tended to stick to a certain pattern when buying scents, and it's actually really nice to have it broken up a bit. She's been eyeing more and more scents for herself, too. I've created a monster. But.. a very lovable monster.

Hmm, now.. what bottle am I going to get her next?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: A wonderful gift :) :)

that's whats up

Love In Paris by Nina Ricci. !!
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I find it extremely natural and actually somewhat short-lived on me (thank god! I'm sick of every scent I try lasting 10+ hours, especially ostensibly light/summery scents).
    Amen to that, brother! It's getting so that every time I see the word 'longevity' my eyes just glaze over.

I'm seriously interested now as I would really like to find a good orange blossom for summer (Castille doesn't do it for me at all) and I like the look of the packaging . . . to be honest when I first saw it my 'marketing gimmick' radar went up but in another thread nearby someone also mentioned the stuff was good. Interested if you have further comments SOS! And a nice present, too
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 23rd April 2010 at 07:13 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Wow. I love a woman who pays attention. You found yourself a keeper here, SoS!

Sounds like a winner to me!!! I Love it when my Wife Loves my fragrance.....It's a good thing for sure!!!
    Gary

Buy her a bottle of Chloe Neroli...an opulent orange blossom...

What a thoughtful woman you have!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Wow. I love a woman who pays attention. You found yourself a keeper here, SoS!
    +1.

Nice story. I think I'm going to check out Play Intense again.

JV Artisan is funny because I created a citrus scent two years ago for myself- -and when I was at the counter and I tried Artisan, it smelled exactly the same as what I'd made. It was like running into your twin!

Blog Entries

Definitely a keeper SoS, and I'm talking about your girlfriend. You need to hang on to her dude. Congrats on the gifts and props to her.

Play Intense seems like a wonderful gift indeed. I was surprised I liked it.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

i wonder what guy in this board has a woman that has bought them a creed, that would be astonishing.

Doesz she have a sister? lol It's funny, cuz I just mentioned Play Intense in another thread. I should have gotten that two purchases ago, but instead bought Bogart Pour Homme and Perry Ellis for men (2008) instead. But this may be my next purchase, if I don't get Declaration Essence first...