Code of Conduct

Default Scent the masseur, if you please.

Iím looking for the best fragrance that a man could wear, for his woman, while giving her a truly relaxing massage? And what would be the best fragrance he could wear if the intent was that of a more romantic or sensual nature?

Thank you for your help.

Default Re: Scent the masseur, if you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stinky View Post
    I’m looking for the best fragrance that a man could wear, for his woman, while giving her a truly relaxing massage? And what would be the best fragrance he could wear if the intent was that of a more romantic or sensual nature?

Thank you for your help.
    Something with lavender such as L'Occitane AOC Lavender. The lavender is traditionally used in aromatherapy to induce relaxation.

EDIT: You might use jasmine or ylang-ylang, OTOH, for something sensual. Jasmine is supposedly an aphrodisiac and ylang-ylang is used as a wedding flower in Eastern cultures. (Oddly, jasmine was worn by Victorian men, and ylang was used in the scented Macassar hair oil. Gives an additional insight to calling something "Victorian" in flavour...)
    Last edited by Primrose; 23rd April 2010 at 05:18 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sur la Plage

Relaxing: Something with lavender like Caron pour un Homme

Romantic/Sensual: Musc Ravageur
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stinky View Post
    I’m looking for the best fragrance that a man could wear, for his woman, while giving her a truly relaxing massage?
    The operative word here is massage. You could probably smell like Oscar the Grouch after a civet-and-egg McMuffin and still come out a winner in her book.

Select something that plays up your "manliness" once you start sweating; maybe something smooth with oakmoss in the base, like Chanel's Pour Monsieur, especially if the aim is "happy ending" rather than trying to put her to sleep.

Hillaire

This sounds like a question for Leon Phelps a.k.a. "The Ladies Man"...

(With that in minds, I am going to go ahead and say Halston Z-14...)

Patchouli transports me truly. But just a dab please!

Just anything that's not 'showerfresh' will pretty much do it. Head towards the orientals and fougeres.
    Caron is a very good suggestion. Pretty much any of the Caron masculines would be great on a guy, though Yatagan is best reserved for occasions when you want to smell like a lumberjack (personally, I love it).
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

make sure that the massage oil you're going to use smells similar to the perfume.
    or use an unscented oil.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)