Code of Conduct

Cool Good daytime/office scent for a fan of heavier cold weather frags?

Seeking a little damage control here from my 1 Million post lol. I'm a fan of boldly spiced, sweet scents like M7, Ultraviolet, Rochas Man, A*Men, B*Men, Blue Sugar, 1 Million, etc. But what can I wear to work that won't crop dust the sales dept. and keep me feeling grand at the same time? Any summer suggestions are welcome too! THANKS!

Default Re: Good daytime/office scent for a fan of heavier cold weather frags?

LOL! Try Caron's Troisieme Homme. This dries down to a floral lavender, bound not to offend anyone, but you wil enjoy it too.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Zirh Corduroy is a nice spicy scent that is cheap, but really nice (13 dollars at TJ Maxx for 4 ounces)

Sur la Plage

Winter: Burberry London

Summer: YSL Live Jazz
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Chanel pour Monsieur
    Boucheron PH
    Azzaro PH

Why not one spray of M7? Agree with Caron's Le Troisième Homme. Prada Ambre is sweet too.

What about an amber-centric frag? Ambre Russe? Ambre Sultan? Ambre Precieux?

Sorry, I'm on a huge amber kick right now.

L`Air du desert Maroccain
    Hermès Equipage
    Eau d`Italie Bois du Ombrie

Bois du portugal by Creed or Royal english leather

Just use lighter applications of the scents you know you like.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 23rd April 2010 at 09:09 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Blog Entries

Paco Rabanne XS

Sultan Men

Cool Re: Good daytime/office scent for a fan of heavier cold weather frags?

Lighter versions of spiced oriental/gourmands

( so light that they don't really fit those categories but have some sweetness and are quite good)

Salvador Dali: Le Roy Soleil (fruits & citrus)
    Yves Rocher: Homme Nature ( light fruit)
    Miller Harris: Cuir d' Oranger (citrus/leather)
    Tiffany for Men (woods and amber, borderline oriental /chypre)
    Hermes: Rocabar (pine, juniper berry, cypress)
    Mont Blanc: Individuel (a sweet G.Q. sillage monster. Not cloying unless oversprayed)
    Creed: Acier Aluminium ( indescribable! Go easy on the trigger.)

Check out the reviews on these.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 24th April 2010 at 02:07 PM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I agree with using lighter sprays of your favorite winter scents. If not, you might want to try something barbershop like Azzaro or perhaps Penhaligon's Racquets formula. I will also second Equipage. Or what about something sweet and green like Creed Original Vetiver.

Blog Entries

I like Mario's suggestion of Tiffany for Men. I think it has the gravitas you desire, but the restraint to be classy. Also, for the heat of summer, consider the sport version of that one. It has notes reminiscent of the elegant, bold, full monty version, but it comes off like a sporty aquatic, and will smell good to sales types. Refreshing it occasionally during the day keeps it bold enough to stay in your sweet spot. You might actually get some of those sales guys to buy their own bottles of the Sport. Kinda like a "unique" version of AdG - it's very suitable for business wear when you want to keep the chance of offending somebody as small as possible.

While there are a lot of good suggestions, I'm not so sure scents like Caron's Third Man, Bois du Portugal, etc, are similar in style or modernity when compared to B*Men, UV Man, etc.

I think Givenchy Play Intense is a good alternative to M7, Rochas Man, Ultraviolet Man, etc. On me, it seems to have a more subdued sillage and while it has a heavier character like the aforementioned scents, it blooms differently - more work friendly. The original Play may work too as it is definitely lighter and less dense, but still has some sweet and gourmand like elements.

Some of my other favorite light orientals that I think you might like are:
    V&R Antidote
    MPG Bois de Turquie (cinnamon, bay leaf, incense, orris, jasmine, hints of chocolate, + a great orange and orange flower opening. Fairly sweet.)
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 24th April 2010 at 06:45 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I think Givenchy Play Intense is a good alternative to M7, Rochas Man, Ultraviolet Man, etc. On me, it seems to have a more subdued sillage and while it has a heavier character like the aforementioned scents, it blooms differently - more work friendly. The original Play may work too as it is definitely lighter and less dense, but still has some sweet and gourmand like elements.
    I have to get back into my bottle of this stuff. When I bought it, I went on a kick for a week or two and wore almost nothing else, day or night. And yes, it was work-friendly. My only complaint is that is was both very linear and rapidly degraded on my skin. Pity - I love the main accord, and just wish it had more complexity and evolution.

Do you wear this one very light, or some other trick? Dry skin, oily skin, lotion....? Just wondering what makes this tick for you!

Wow, your thread title is the story of my life.

I'll agree with Corduroy. It's quite sweet and spicy over woods, yet is quiet in a way that I don't think I've encountered anywhere else in that scent family. "Transparent" I guess. And cheap as dirt.

Gucci II, Burberry London and Chanel PM are slightly less desserty, and not super strong if you're careful.

I've used Dunhill Edition and Pierre Cardin for this purpose as well, though Pierre Cardin is a very unsweet spice.

Think about Michael Kors because if it's as weak on you as it is on me, it's a prime candidate. Apple pie in a log cabin.

Also calm and quiet are Must de Cartier (spicy side) and Bogart Witness (woody side).

I won't touch on the Summer Office end, because that's a slightly easier bill to fit.

Winter: Gucci Envy for Men or Burberry London

Summer: Gucci Envy for Men, Mauboussin Homme EDP, or Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme
    Last edited by SillageMonger; 24th April 2010 at 10:10 PM.