Code of Conduct

Question Millesime Imperial- Unisex or For Men?

I got some sample vials from The Perfumed Court and I really enjoyed the Millesime Imperial, so I go to FragranceNet.com to purchase it, but according to them there is two versions. A Unisex, and Male Cologne version. How do I know which one I got? Also, which one is more fruity and has more longevity?
    Last edited by MyScentedLife; 23rd April 2010 at 10:20 PM.

Default Re: Millesime Imperial- Unisex or For Men?

it is unisex only, no difference. i would say call saks or go to the creed boutique online to buy they have better quality.

Many online retailers do this. They don't have a 'unisex' category, so they put it in both the male and female sections. They are the same scent. Curiously though, I've noticed on more than one occasion, the bottle in the 'male' category can be a different price to the one in the 'female' category! Go figure.

Yay, I am so excited to have found this fragrance. I have been looking for fruity scent forever! Longevity is pretty good on this, yes?
    Thanks for the quick replies! I will soon be the owner of my first Creed cologne!

It is just marketing. Many men want to buy a scent "for men" and women one "for women". So they list the same scent in both catagories to bring reassurance to those buyers.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Have you tested Millesime Imperial ?

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Have you tested Millesime Imperial ?
    i concur , try before you buy. i would argue it is a safe blind buy but test it out it may or may nor work for you. good call Adonis.

Buy it from fragrancex.com

notice that it's only $110 for 4 oz for some reason, maybe a mistake. I'd jump on it ASAP. Plus use a coupon code like fx1234 and you got a 4 oz bottle of MI for $99! http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

(you'll get the clear bottle, not that old gold one. old picture. read the reviews. and the gold lettering chipping off that one review complains about is normal. i've seen that on testers at nordstroms. its just paint, it happens.)

Besides fragrancenet ships terrible. wrapped in paper. fragrancex uses thick bubble wrap and everything I've orded has come in pristine, and I mean PRISTINE condition.

BTW I think MI is pretty unisex.
    Last edited by G Man; 23rd April 2010 at 11:33 PM.

I love Millesime Imperial. That being said I hate it on me, I find it too feminine, very feminine actually, and to answer your question there is only one version of Millesime Imperial "unisex"
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    I love Millesime Imperial. That being said I hate it on me, I find it too feminine, very feminine actually, and to answer your question there is only one version of Millesime Imperial "unisex"
    sometimes our body chemistry plays against us, on me because of the sea salt i feel a more masculine vibe from it but that's me

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    i concur , try before you buy. i would argue it is a safe blind buy but test it out it may or may nor work for you. good call Adonis.
    Take this advice. The first time I smelled this, I thought I might like it after trying it on a card. The second time not so much. I sprayed it once on my skin and this time it smelled way too floral for me. It reminded very much of traditional women's perfume as in being very strong and fem. Lots of guys like this one here on the site but I couldn't get into it. Sadly I could have gotten said bottle on sale for $70 (2.5 ounce!).

Quote Originally Posted by Natch View Post
    Take this advice. The first time I smelled this, I thought I might like it after trying it on a card. The second time not so much. I sprayed it once on my skin and this time it smelled way too floral for me. It reminded very much of traditional women's perfume as in being very strong and fem. Lots of guys like this one here on the site but I couldn't get into it. Sadly I could have gotten said bottle on sale for $70 (2.5 ounce!).
    test it on skin, i agree you have to get it on skin that is why i love having samples and playing with them at home, you have to mess with it on skin to see if it works for you.

I just picked up MI a couple weeks ago and I couldn't picture a woman wearing this, unless its one of those type of fragrances that change from male to woman. To me MI reminds me of the smell you would get from walking into a bank (if that makes sense) It comes off to me as refreshing and sophisticated at the same time. The horrible longevity people complain about with this one I don't get either. This lasts awhile on my skin (I can put this on at 2pm, then late in the evening to early morning the next day I can still smell this on me. It is fairly faint and close to the skin though) I bought this one blind and I don't regret it at all. This is my new favorite fragrance and I can't wait to try some more from the Creed house...probably VIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I just picked up MI a couple weeks ago and I couldn't picture a woman wearing this, unless its one of those type of fragrances that change from male to woman. To me MI reminds me of the smell you would get from walking into a bank (if that makes sense) It comes off to me as refreshing and sophisticated at the same time. The horrible longevity people complain about with this one I don't get either. This lasts awhile on my skin (I can put this on at 2pm, then late in the evening to early morning the next day I can still smell this on me. It is fairly faint and close to the skin though) I bought this one blind and I don't regret it at all. This is my new favorite fragrance and I can't wait to try some more from the Creed house...probably VIW.
    it is fresh and young but classy at the same time. virgin island water i think is even better than MI you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MyScentedLife View Post
    Yay, I am so excited to have found this fragrance. I have been looking for fruity scent forever! Longevity is pretty good on this, yes?
    Thanks for the quick replies! I will soon be the owner of my first Creed cologne!
    -It`s a attractive fragrance indeed, yet the longevity could be better. It`s unisex, and the most masculine part of it is in the beautiful dry-down. It`s a light fragrance perfect for spring and summer. If you want a more salty, "dirty", and masculine fragrance that is still fresh, I would recommend Creed Erolfa.

I agree with anyone suggesting You try this first. You like it, You Buy it

Quote Originally Posted by seasoldiermarine View Post
    I agree with anyone suggesting You try this first. You like it, You Buy it
    Yep!

Really ? from 2pm till the mornig ? Lucky bastard, I don't get more than 3 hours with M.I.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    Really ? from 2pm till the mornig ? Lucky bastard, I don't get more than 3 hours with M.I.
    I used to say the same thing. and my wife will smell it on me, but then again, she has to get right up on my neck. Longevity is sometimes confused with silage and I am as guilty of that as anyone. Montale Black Aoud has silage, and it has longevity. Creed Original Santal on me has sileage, but not longevity.

I find MI to be a more-than-average longevity cologne. I am told that if i put it on at say 6:45 in the morning, after lunch, people will get a whiff of me and say I smell nice, but this is more usually in the summer when I may be sweating and heat is activating the scent.

Dont give up on MI if you think it is shortlived. Wear it on different ocassions, seasons, even, and then decide.