Code of Conduct

Thread: Creed update

Default Creed update

Ok guys I have bought 3 Creeds, this is the first that came in all from Saks 5th, Royal English Leather. This is one of the best smelling colognes I have smelled, very elegant and sophisticated type of fragrance. Nice quality and it smells great just like i remembered. Definitely professional, great for work, very formal events, I would even say great for a wedding if you are the groom, makes you feel like royalty just like King George III of England. Once i get the rest of my stuff i will post here.

here are the new ones :Bois du Portugal and Virgin Island Water with the Royal English Leather

Last edited by DavidBond007; 24th April 2010 at 08:20 PM.

Default Re: Creed update

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    makes you feel like royalty just like King George III of England.
    George III? Don’t know if that’s the one i would want to feel like.

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.

Enjoy your Creeds.

thanks, well i am not saying causing the issues he did but i mean as far as a feeling of power and authority. but i digress lol

Blog Entries

Yeah - those old-school Creeds are really something. REL is great stuff. They always start off the Creed marketing sniff-parties with that one, and it's pretty smart, because it's a very good fragrance, and gets things off to a good start. My wife likes Fleurs de Bulgarie, and I'm quite a fan of Santal Imperial (light) and Private Collection Tabarôme (heavy). I think a lot of folks go for the modern-style millesimes, but I think the old-style EDTs and millesimes are really distinctive, and they're much more interesting to me.

Enjoy your frags!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yeah - those old-school Creeds are really something. REL is great stuff. They always start off the Creed marketing sniff-parties with that one, and it's pretty smart, because it's a very good fragrance, and gets things off to a good start. My wife likes Fleurs de Bulgarie, and I'm quite a fan of Santal Imperial (light) and Private Collection Tabarôme (heavy). I think a lot of folks go for the modern-style millesimes, but I think the old-style EDTs and millesimes are really distinctive, and they're much more interesting to me.

Enjoy your frags!
    Thanks I appreciate it, yea i really enjoy the classic and mature smelling frags but i love the modern ones too. i will update soon, supposedly my package should come in either tomorrow or Monday. on a woman so far i like fluerrisimo and spring flower, i will be sniffing plenty more real soon.

I'm a fan. The quirky, older ones are real favorites, though there's quite a bit of high-quality work going on in the later models, too. I've found freshness to be spotty in some lines, though. I think that might be related to the use of some "natural" ingredients. Best advice: if possible, buy at the most trusted outlets only, and sniff the actual bottle you're buying before you lay down the cash. Might I heartily recommend Neroli Sauvage?
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 24th April 2010 at 12:41 AM.

i will check into that i should get a sample of it soon

Yep, it`s great, but my favourite EDT from Creed is still Acier Aluminium.

Acier isnt bad at all , royal delight is ok but not sure , it smells like root beer. neroli sauvage is a bit bitter to me, just not my type of frag. i smelled silver mountain water and i like it, the vetiver made in 1948 smells way better than the new "original" vetiver, and himalaya is ok but unsure if i would buy it. the pics will be coming up

ok the new ones are up on my first post

Hi. I tried to send you a P-M, but your mail-box is full.. I was thinking to swap a bottle, not a decant. Sorry..

-Own that already, but thanks enyway!

Royal English Leather was my first Creed and remains one of my all-time favorites. To me, it's pure class with unrivaled longevity (on me). The leather reminds me of a horse's bridal leather. Just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Hi. I tried to send you a P-M, but your mail-box is full.. I was thinking to swap a bottle, not a decant. Sorry..
    sorry about that it happens

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY911 View Post
    Royal English Leather was my first Creed and remains one of my all-time favorites. To me, it's pure class with unrivaled longevity (on me). The leather reminds me of a horse's bridal leather. Just beautiful.
    I agree , it is a sweet but manly scent with the leather just pure class and timeless

Got this a few weeks back the last bottle of the Vintage Tabarome at the Creed Boutique in NYC. I love the fragrance and had to get the bottle, mature, elegant, masculine, one of the best Creeds ever. I am happy with my decision in buying it, worth every penny. I will pay the price to get more if I can down the line.