Code of Conduct
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default SotD - Saturday, April 24th

Morning girls!

POISON
    Vintage Eau de Toilette

Default Re: SotD - Saturday, April 24th

Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman

Late night last night and another one ahead...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I went Jocking along the marine early this gorgeous morning, dreaming to reach for something aquatic later( my MISSONI AQUA has been finished since last summer, one tiny drop on the bottom of the bottle, just to recall the dry, breezy, vivid juice)and after i had my reward shower ,i made breakfast for the family and i wore something favorite of them : Moschino OH!,which is not actually aquatic, but it is for me!And by the way, i must find to buy something aquatic this week...

Thumbs up Re: SotD - Saturday, April 24th

Olivier Pescheux 's

L' EAU DES HESPERIDES

diptyque

Notes of bitter orange, mandarin, lemon, petitgrain, aromatic herbs, red thyme, rosemary, peppermint, everlasting flower, cedarwood, white musk
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good Morning all. Wearing Shalimar EDP today.

Creed Love in White for me this morning. Woke up to the sounds of thunder and flashes of lightning. Will spend the weekend off in -- stitching, cleaning, sleeping, reading, healing. Maybe, indulging. If they call from work -- the answering machine will pick it up.

Stay put. Hugs.

Jicky parfum.

Odalisque from Nicolaï.

It's Guet-Apens day today 'cause the sun shines wild and I want something dark like Mitsouko that shines like Samsara

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Diptyque Tam Dao.

Notes include Goa sandalwood, rosewood, cypress and ambergris.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

I intend to wrap myself in Velvet Tuberose by Nutrius today.

"The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention." Richard Warren

May each of us focus our attention where it should be...

I'm loving my Poppies, because it proves there's affordable, enjoyable and interesting scents out there, in the oddest places. I got a tiny 12ml bottle from a small UK company called First Impressions who, I'm guessing, added some perfumes to compliment their main business which includes vintage style perfume bottles.

Imagine it's 1930, you've moved up to the big city and managed to get a job as a salesgirl. You're sharing a tiny efficency with another girl, have one pair of stockings and have been living on grilled cheese for a month. You get paid. You go out and buy a hat with far too much trim and a tiny bottle of Poppies perfume. In ten years time you'll look back and laugh at how gauche you were but at that moment in time you felt just like Greta Garbo.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Basenotes Plus

Eau de Merveilles again, I swear I'm obsessed.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Petra - LUVVIN' that word picture/story!! Right there with ya!

From a HUGELY generous Carlita sample....
    Yohji Yamamoto Essential
    ....." opens with delicate notes of chamomile, lime and galbanum. Reinforced by a blend of sandalwood, patchouli, iris root and a hint of amber." Yumsters!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

After yesterday's foray into Comme de Garçons insence and woods... (and it was KYOTO I bought, not 'Kenzo'. Sheesh):

L'air du desert marocain

Breath of fresh/dry air

Basenotes Plus

Ecume de Rose by Rosine for me today,,,well for now anyway. I find I need multiple scents these days.

Pretty day here but chilly, we had frost last night.

My daughter is doing better. But, did you know Pepto Bismol can cause your tongue to turn black? We discovered that this last night. Who knew?

I met Raphaella & Mark David very briefly in NYC for lunch at the Landmark. We were celebrating Sniffapalooza Magazine placing two articles in the top five FiFi awards, once again this year. The two writers are BOTH basenote members, Michael Davis & Mark David.

Congratulations!!!!
    Last edited by RHM; 24th April 2010 at 02:13 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Plus

Day 4 with a non-working sniffer, but I'll spray something on anyway. I haven't decided yet but I'm thinking ultra-spicy, woodsy Comme des Garcons Eau de Parfum: "works like a medicine and behaves like a drug." Sure couldn't hurt any!

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone!

We had torrential rain yesterday for the first day of Jazz Fest, and it looks like there's more in store for today. This seems to happen for at least one weekend of the festivities every year, so we came prepared with rain panchos...but I really needed galoshes. Schlepping around all day in soggy sandals isn't as delightful as it sounds!

I'm in Aromatics Elixir by Clinique. It's perfect.

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 24th April 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Nanette Lepore Nanette Lepore for me today - I love the long lasting scent AND the retro feminine bottle!

Reine

I'll join Libertine in the House of Hermes, my choice is Vetiver Tonka. Enjoy your obsession Libertine! Isn't it nice to find something that makes you say wow!

In my Saturday morning comfort scent

Beth Terry Creative Universe Mare

Be back later for my Saturday evening going out fragrance.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

What's all the Nanette Lepore? I've got to try some of this.....just thinking.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Silver Cologne - Amouage
    Wishlist is pointless.

Blog Entries

Pierre Bonnard, 1946
    Profumum - Neroli
    Bees buzzing in the warm, lazy day.
    Golden orange blossom delights the senses.
    I am absolutely drinking in each note. Wishing it would never end.
    Notes: Orange blossom, wood of orange, myrrh

I missed posting for a couple of days:
    SotD for Thursday was L'Artisan La Chasse aux Papillons
    SotD for Friday was SSS Wood Violet

Starting off this morning in a sample of Keiko Mecheri Damascena: A soliflore of sorts which includes Dades rose, May rose, berries and musk.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Vetiver Guerlain- 1996 formulation

Sorry I have been away from the forums a bit; still quite amazingly busy (it all relates to perfume though... so that's good!). We're working on a huge project at work with Mark and Simon. Grant should be putting up a new column soon with some background.

By a strange coincidence, I very nearly reached for Tam Dao today too; looks like plenty of you are on a Diptyque-kick. I am growing more and more fond of that brand generally and want several of their scents...

However, I have been wearing Miller Harris and Goutal this week. For the last couple of days (including today) it's been Terre de Bois. Somehow it seems less masculine and more spring-floral-leafy without being sweet to me right now. I am really in the mood for it.

Also had a strange experience with a new Lush shower gel - we've just launched 'Grass' green shower gel, which sure enough, opens with a burst of cut grass, but there was a strange undertone to the scent that I just couldn't put my finger on until I used it before bed-time and dreamed I was back in the 80s working behind a perfume counter and wearing Opium by YSL. I woke up realising that that's what's under there! Grass and Opium! LOL! I must tell Simon because I'm not sure if he realised it.

Montale Red Vetyer

Blog Entries

My arm still smells of lilac from yesterday. Given the fact that I applied it at 9 a.m. and didn't reapply, it is less than 15 minutes short of hitting the full 24 hours of longevity with just a little dab! Time for me to get a wet chore (there's plenty of opportunity for that, and we're having company tonight) and then apply something different.

something dark like Mitsouko that shines like Samsara
    Mr. G, what a nice description! I'll need to go to your site and check out the music that comes with this scent.

Have a wonderful day, y'all!

Basenotes Institution

Off to Home Depot to buy tree fertilizer in a cloud of vintage Yatagan by Caron

Xerjoff XXY, from a sample. Thanks, Cairomerta!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Edit: Dora, hope all turns out well for your family... that kind of chaos you can do without! (((hugs)))

A breezy sunny warm day here with loads of work to be done... So I'm starting my day in breezy Chanel Pour Monsieur over the faint drydown of yesterday's Black Aoud and a little faint Carven Vetiver... loads of housework to do first, then out to the garden to start the weeding and plant some more veg seed/sets. My mammoth sunflowers have just come up and I am imagining their gigantic happy blooms later this year along my back fence. Just get my pollen allergies in check and everything will be wonderful.

Last edited by actiasluna; 25th April 2010 at 12:23 AM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Petra Ichor and kumquat, your pictures for today are perfect.

Actiasluna, I hope your sunflowers do well for you. They are surely some of the cheeriest of flowers.

Wearing Guerlain's Apres l'Ondee today on a very blustery day.
    Have a good Saturday, everyone!
    Last edited by VintageVogue; 24th April 2010 at 06:24 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Oooo, Mama, I smell nice. Maximum comfort smells, but without sugary foods:
    Macchia Mediterranea, which I think smells like a very old spice pantry with wooden cupboards, and Black Vetyver Cafe, whose coffee note fits nicely in this pantry of scents.

Yay! We’re officially poor! Uncle Sam audited our return and said we had $800 more coming back due to some semi-retiree, income-loss something-or-other. And 2010 is looking worse than 2009 income-wise, so lower taxes still! Woo-hoo.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Doing the garden, digging the weeds....in Badgely Mischka..not cause it's a favorite, but because it was 14.99 at TJ, liking the patchouli today

Hello,

It was a crazy day today! My uncle is in the hospital for a week now, yesterday evening my husband's brother was also brought to the hospital. They were moving him from hospital to hospital all night and...
    Today my father goes to the emergency hospital, too!!

Imagine that today at the same time me and my husband were at the emergency departement of the same hospital for a different reason!
    We believed my father had a stroke but the good news is that the doctors didn't find anything wrong... He is home now and so I drove my daughters to meet their friends for Saturday evening. The streets were closed because a football final is taking place in the area, I made a huge cicle to reach the place of their appointment and now I will have to drive them back at the time the match will be finishing...

I was wearing Voleur de Roses which had faded out a lot by the time we went to the hospital... Now, Evangeline's picture made me crave Aromatics Elixir, so that is going to be my sote.
    Last edited by *dora*; 24th April 2010 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVogue View Post
    Petra Ichor and kumquat, your pictures for today are perfect...
    Agreed. I've got to try that Neroli. And Petra Ichor, I loved your Poppies story!

Today, I'm home all day. Hooray! Testing two fragrances this morning, Goutal Eau de Sud and Tauer Orange Star. The first is great on me (love it!); the second is, sadly, not my cup of tea.

Edit: Just read your post, Dora. I hope things settle down for you and your family!
    Last edited by Haunani; 24th April 2010 at 08:07 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Really enjoyed Petra Ichor's story of the shop girl today.
    It's funny but the longer I'm a member, I'm finding that reading this thread while I'm making my tea helps me wake up and start the day.

Libertine, you've broken me down, and I'm joining you in the mah-vel-ous Eau de Merveilles. It is perfect for my sunny, windy California Coastal day.
    Tonight will be vintage Diorissino I have read several times on the forums that the current formulation is bad. Finally got to sample it this week at a Saks and everyone is so right; shocking difference. I 'm very lucky my intro to the scent was a older bottle.

Off to dinner with friends tonight and I am wearing

Tom Ford Private Blend Japon Noir
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Blog Entries

Wow, I did some honking job of cleaning the house! Whoo hoo! And yes, that Pacifica French Lilac wasn't fading away the entire time -- WHAT did they put in there???

Now after a shower I'm testing a long awaited Botrytis by Ginestet!

*dora* -- best wishes of health to you and your family!!
    Last edited by Warum; 24th April 2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: that pesky punctuation!

Costume National
    Homme

I'm wearing Habanita today. It is really hitting the spot today, sexy and warm but fun too.

Oh gosh, Dora! I hope all turns out ok with your family.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

It's a bit cool for late April here and the sun's just come out after a raging rainstorm. In an effort to feel refreshed and "springy," I'm wearing Paco Rabanne Calandre.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend everyone!

((((Dora)))).

((((Lyndy Hop)))).

Welcome to BN, mariabar!

Wearing Chanel Cuir de Russie today. Take care, all.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotE;
    Miss Dior Chérie

Oh *dora*, my warmest wishes go to Greece to you and yours, you hang on honey!

Salvatore Ferragamo Subtil for me this evening. Pulled some dandilions in the yard and read, did not do a stitch of needlework but the day is still young.

Jasmal by Creed

Amouage Epic Man this morning and Serge Lutens Miel De Bois for the evening...X

Poor Dora: go slow. I hope that your ailing ones are recovering now.

The Verizon tech spent five hours here in my apartment installing Fios. Whenever he needed to talk "tech" or to instruct, my daughter kindly spoke to him. I felt like the immigrant mother who depends on her child to negotiate the language in the new country. My internet is certainly faster. But I need to learn to use a new TV remote!

My daughter also kindly helped me to triage clothing. I was able to let go of many bags of clothing that I really no longer needed. I feel good after it all.

I wore AL's Sweet Patchouli thoughout the whole day.

Aramis Cool Blend

(((Dora))) what an awful day. I am glad your dad is home now. Health wishes for your family.

Today I tried Rose Oud from a sample. Last time I tried it I was not crazy about it, but today I liked it very much.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Dora- I feel for you ,honey .
    RHM- I'm so glad Sofie is doing better.

Tonight ,I'm wearing Carnal Flower from what's left of my sample. I've eaten so much I'm about ready to roll like a ball .

** Oh, I forgot- a historic moment today for me ,perfume wise- for the first time EVER , an SA at Sephora offered to make me up a sample ! So I ended up with actually two smaples of Michael Kors EDP and VIP by Usher.
    My husband got Guerlain Vetiver as a sample from another SA at Sephora- hmmm... maybe I'll make a perfumista outta him yet ! His first ever sample and he got Amazing Grace body cream too- though how the SA thought it appropriate for him ,I don't know. He's getting very good at getting samples ,this man of mine. ..... I think he flirts with them ,naughty DH - one told him 'You must be an interesting man ! ' *LOL*

What is happening to me- I actually liked VIP by Usher very much even though- *shock horror ! * it's a celebuscent and for men ...................
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 25th April 2010 at 04:57 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Today was very busy...I am exhausted but I am trying to gravitate back on here. Today was Chloe Eau de Fleurs Neroli...there was a local fragrance event and I was weak.
    Mapping the memory one scent at a time

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Having done my gardening and some other chores, I'm now relaxing in Montale Black Aoud...

And wishing my roses smelled as good. But they are certainly coming on, for "big box home store-bought fairly incandescent dark pink roses" (courtesy of the former owners of my home.)

Last edited by actiasluna; 25th April 2010 at 04:57 AM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

I love your account of your day, Therese! :-)

My SotD is Jean Patou Colony, the famous pineapple chypre that some of you have raved about. I'm glad I broke out my sample. What an interesting fragrance! I'm at the drydown now, and it's very, very fine. And if I could have this bottle, well, I'd certainly not complain! :-)

Last edited by Haunani; 25th April 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Blog Entries

We just got in from our drive from Florida in a 14-foot UHaul. It feels good to be home. Tomorrow we unload my mom's things.

Glad you are home safe, 30 Roses!