Code of Conduct

Default Waffle Cone Scent?

So i work in a Maggi Moos ice cream shop. Today was my day to make cones, It's a regular waffle cone, with some cinnamon thrown into it.

EVERY single person, Little girl - her hot mom said it smells AMAZING. What preferably warm weather fragrance could I look into that would give me some waffle cone scent. I know A*Men is kinda close but it's way to strong for summer.

Would sunessance fit the bill, i've smelled it's ok, but don't think bottle worthy. What u guys suggest.

Default Re: Waffle Cone Scent?

LOL
    I was about to say B*Men has a slight toasted-crispy-sweet tone to it, but yeah, Demeter seems to have every specific scent nailed down.

Man, Metalica, I hear you. I walk past shops like the one you work in and I love the smell too. I love any hot lady who likes the smell too, but I just don't know that I would want to be that smell myself. Even for a day.

Smells great, and I respect anyone who self-realizes by wearing it, but for me, I'll spend my full days smelling of white flowers instead, if it comes to it. I've often wondered how people who make the cones--like you my friend!--can stand the smell for a full shift.

I sure hear you on the social phenomenon of that smell though. Amazing.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

My Polish friend used to say that H.M. by Hanae Mori smelled like a Belgian waffle shop back home.

Sunessence has a strong orange note that lasts throughout the life of the fragrance.
    B*Men is too spicy and comes off smelling sort of like BO on my skin.

Closest I have come across is going to be A*Men, or Pure Coffee because of the extra chocolate in the drydown.
    I hear that Rochas Man Intense smells like vanilla ice cream, but it's about impossible to find in the states.

I just finished my B*Men 1.7 today and it has made its way out of my wardrobe unfortunately. I do get that sugary waffle cone like aroma from the opening of B*Men, but only in the opening. It dries down more like coffee, though after that in the final dry down some of the top notes come back including that waffle cone like accord. However I wouldn't say it matches up to what you're looking for, the waffle cone accord isn't apparent in it, rather if you think about a million things that B*Men may smell like, waffle cone may come to mind. It's quite complex, other than that though, I don't really know. Maybe as others suggest I could chime back in with my opinions, but off the top of my head, I have no knowledge on this one.

Demeter frags are said to be on the ball with the smell of the label, but longevity is supposed to be the worst. Like a more complex body spray really with a high price tag (considering what you get)

i can get a .5oz for $6 i'm not expecting longevity lol. I think i might order a few of those and just do a round up on youtube or on BN, that'll be interesting for sure! any word on projection of those frags? or how to spray

I love that type of smell. How about Eau Noire or Sables, both of which have a really fantastic maple-syrup accord (i.e., immortelle)?
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    I love that type of smell. How about Eau Noire or Sables, both of which have a really fantastic maple-syrup accord (i.e., immortelle)?
    I LOVE Eau Noire but surely it's more 'Curry' than 'Cone'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Sunessence has a strong orange note that lasts throughout the life of the fragrance.
    I wore it today and thought it had a bit of chocolate orangey-ness to it, glad I'm not the only one!

Love the stuff though, give it another try OP.

I think the general idea is good, but in practice would get annoying. I would look at some of the sweeter frags that may not really smell like the waffle cone, but have a sweetish vibe to them.

In my experience, Body Kouros, Rochas Man and L'Instant de Guerlain put out that kind of vibe. Maybe Lolita Lempicka too. Sables has this heavy maple syrup opening, but I don't know how long that stays through the scent.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 29th April 2010 at 05:49 PM.

Oddly, I get a big waffle cone vibe from Cumming (by Alan Cumming). On my way to work each day, I drive past a commercial bakery and on each day they're making something different. Some days they make something that smells just like waffle cones. Cumming reminds me of this totally. If you look at the notes, you will wonder how anything listed can smell like this, but honestly when you smell it, you'll see what I mean.

Mixte Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Oddly, I get a big waffle cone vibe from Cumming (by Alan Cumming). On my way to work each day, I drive past a commercial bakery and on each day they're making something different. Some days they make something that smells just like waffle cones. Cumming reminds me of this totally. If you look at the notes, you will wonder how anything listed can smell like this, but honestly when you smell it, you'll see what I mean.

I'm Sorry dude i lol'd when u said "I get a big waffle cone vibe from Cumming" I couldn't help myself HAHA

What u guys think of Bleeker Street? It gives off a sugar cookie vibe, as far as i've heard, what u guys think of that

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I think the general idea is good, but in practice would get annoying. I would look at some of the sweeter frags that may not really smell like the waffle cone, but have a sweetish vibe to them.

In my experience, Body Kouros, Rochas Man and L'Instant de Guerlain put out that kind of vibe. Maybe Lolita Lempicka too. Sables has this heavy maple syrup opening, but I don't know how long that stays through the scent.
    Rochas Man especially. It's heavy on toasted sugar notes. Nice.

Basenotes Institution

Anything with vanilla, that's sweet, should approximate the smell I would think.

I own Rochas Man, HM, HP, BK, Cumming.......and they all have characteristics that implies a waffle note type of smell. I wore Cumming last night...Dude your not CRAZY!!!