Code of Conduct

Default What causes Envy for men and Escada pour homme to have that perfume smell to them?

I can't figure out from looking at the notes of these two fragrances but, they both start out with the same perfume note to me. Anyone know?

Default Re: What causes Envy for men and Escada pour homme to have that perfume smell to them?

There's something about Envy, Versus Uomo, Carven Homme, and other frags like this that really bothers me, and I'm not sure what it is. My guess is amber with cedar, and then perhaps spice and some lavender. I have no idea if that's what you mean, but I can say that the two you mention I didn't find all that similar

Default Re: What causes Envy for men and Escada pour homme to have that perfume smell to them?

add m7 and chanel egoiste to this list

there's some "ink" quality that i found in the opening of these scents, the same feeling i got from gucci - envy

its like the ink used for the Black shoes

I don't experience any unpleasantness with either of these two fragrances. I guess my nose is not that sensitive.

i actually don't dislike that "ink" opening in m7, not at all, i love it, harsh, Boozy, earthy

But in egoiste it is a lil Bit too much, that strong "ink" opening made me definitely think of an old person scent
    i was aBout to pass on that one, i was thinking "oh oh, this is not for me, i can't do this, can't force myself to like this"
    i found it very Boozy too a few minutes laters, reminded of how a Bottle of Brandy smells (and i know how Brandy smells like Bcus my grandpa drinks it all the time)
    there's when it started to get interesting to my nose
    after an hour and a half that egoiste totally dried down, and started getting more woody sweet and cinammony, i loved it

Imho, nothing similar about the two at all, maybe only that creamy-vanillic note of gourmand or near-gourmand associations