Code of Conduct

Question Sexual Fresh by Michel Germain

Any thoughts on this flanker to the original Sexual?

Last edited by scentimus; 25th April 2010 at 05:29 AM.

Default Re: Sexual Fresh by Michel Germain

no one ?

Basenotes Institution

I smelled it briefly on a tester strip. Not my favorite category at all...it's just a bit too loud and 'fresh' for me, but if you like that genre it's a good bargain.

I prefer the Sexual pour homme and Sexual Secret to the Sexual Fresh. Fresh doesn't last very long on me at all. I received a few samples just before Christmas, so I'll have to go back and try these again, as the prices they charge for the fragrances are very reasonable.

Reviving a super old thread! Recently, I received some mail from Macy's with about a dozen magazine type insert ads for colognes they sell. *Christmas Ads* Most were the normal stuff, but two were Sexual and Sexual Fresh. I almost didn't smell them because the names were so ridiculously cheesy. Well, I did smell them and liked both. Put them down and walked to the other side of the house. A little later I caught a whiff of something that apparently touched my nose, and it was really good. I went back and discovered it was Sexual Fresh and I kept smelling it, and liked it more and more. I figured that it was so cheap, I might as well pick up a bottle just because it kept bugging me how much I liked it. I bought a tester online for $38 at the same time I was buying some Justin Bieber parfum for my daughter. haha! (hey, that stuff smells GOOD too!) The day that I got it, I shot a few sprays on before heading to a work thing at night. I instantly got a major compliment that night from a girl going nuts about it. I was thinking that maybe the pheromone stuff actually worked! lol A few days later my wife said that it smelled great, and she typically hates any niche or high end stuff I get. After getting another compliment today, I figured I would look back and see what others thought of it. Apparently most people never gave it a shot, much like I did. Anyhow, worth a test.

I tested it a couple of times in the mall. It was ok but its really not that original. I found it to be something between Azzaro Chrome and Polo Sport. Pleasant but not too thought provoking to me. But I could see less experienced noses finding it appealing.
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

Versace Man by Versace
    Iceberg The Fragrance by Iceberg
    Amber Intense by Prada
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Burberry London
    Lanvin Avant Garde

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Tried it but didn't care much for it or the original either.

I actually like Chrome during the summer as a cheap scent to wear while mowing, playing softball, or even work. Sexual Fresh is a much softer (ok, maybe sexual) scent compared to Chrome. More powdery, and I really can't see any resemblance to Chrome at all. Maybe you are referring to a slight soapiness? Either way, when I wear niche stuff.... almost zero compliments. Chrome and Sexual Fresh.... instant compliments. Maybe those are the inexperienced noses you are referring to.

Thats exactly what I mean. Where as we (as fragrance enthusiasts) may demand more intrigue from a fragrance, less experienced noses (the average person) will probably find it praise worthy because it's pleasant and inoffensive. There's nothing wrong with that; we all need an easy-going fragrance from time to time.

Also, I like Chrome too but perhaps it was something else. I just now that it was definitely familiar...Perhaps it was CK One that I was thinking of. Its got that familiar citrus + soapiness thing going on. Also, I remember it smelled almost like lotion on my skin (I get a similar vibe with Chrome though its very different indeed).
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

Versace Man by Versace
    Iceberg The Fragrance by Iceberg
    Amber Intense by Prada
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Burberry London
    Lanvin Avant Garde

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Sorry, I gotta comment on the fragrance name...
    Next, some perfumer will skip the fancy French titles and just get to the point...

Panty Dropper
    Get Some With This
    Tail Grabber
    Get Laid Now
    Pick Up Juice
    Girl Getter
    Seduce & Destroy!
    Sex Lure
    Acme Love Spell

At least I pretend like it's not for the women. Often I'm not pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual View Post

Seduce & Destroy!
    Ha! Wasn't this Tom Cruises characters book name in Magnolia? With the tag line being "No pussy has 9 lives!".

The name alone causes me to stay away from this whole line!!! They all smell ok!!! I already have enough (ok) fragrances!!! I sure do not need any more!!!
    Gary