Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain and bee bottles question

Hello all,

I was wondering if you can answer a question (paging Mr. Guerlain!). I'm so confused about the availability of the Guerlain bee bottles (clear and golden). What fragrances are released in those huge (250 ml, 500 ml, 1000 ml) bottles? And how do I get one? Do I have to order directly from Guerlain's Web site? Are these the "refillable" bottles that I've heard so much about from those who've been to the 68 Champs-Elysees store? M. Guerlain has several enormous, gorgeous bee bottles on his web site and I've decided I might want to invest in one...

I realize that this does NOT include the 125 ml bottles that the Parisiennes come in.

Default Re: Guerlain and bee bottles question

The bee bottles are available in white and gold bottles. The gold bottles are hand painted in gold and are significantly pricier. You can order whatever fragrance you like (EDC, EDT, EDP, Parfum) in 250, 500 or 1000ml. I've also heard that if you have an empty bee bottle, you can have it refurbished at the Champs Elysees store. A few Guerlain stores have bee bottles in stock (Harrods, and Harvey Nichols in Dubai can order it for you), but all Guerlain boutiques have them.

There are also a limited number of 1000ml white bee bottles for the Exclusive Guerlains (SDV, SlV, Vega, L'art, Les Parissience, etc...), and a handful of 500ml white bee bottles of Mon Preciuex Nectar (like the one in Mr. G's blog).
    Last edited by scent; 25th April 2010 at 08:58 AM.

I wonder if this means that the gorgeous Metallica bee bottle could be refilled at the boutique with Metalys?

Actually, in the latest Guerlain catalogue, there are a few changes: The "small" 250 ml white bees are only made for Parfum and Eaux Fraiches (the gold ones can be ordered in any concentration). And the exclusive lines can now be ordered in both white and gold 1000 ml (but not smaller).

You can save quite a lot of money if you wait for them to pop up on eBay - it does happen from time to time, but obviously you'll have to wait for the exact scent that you like...

I think you can order them online yes - it seems so on their website. Otherwise just call them, they send out.

I don't think they have any Metalys left at the factory anymore. But if they do, I'm sure they'd do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I wonder if this means that the gorgeous Metallica bee bottle could be refilled at the boutique with Metalys?

Thanks everyone! Not to be tacky, but what are we talking about in terms of price? 250 ml of parfum in a custom bottle, while worth it, sounds a bit gulp-inducing. Also, what are Guerlain's "exclusive lines"? It seems like online there's a fairly limited range of frags that can go in a bee bottle. I.e., not Chamade or Vetiver pour elle....

Mr. G., how would I get a Guerlain catalogue?

Yes I was also wondering about the cost of a refill versus the cost of a newly boxed flacon. Does anyone have any insights?

A 1000ml white bee bottle of a Les Parissienne is about 1000 euros. A 250ml white bee bottle of parfum is about 900 euros; 500ml about 1500 euros and 1000ml about 2500. A 1000ml white bee bottles of SDV or any of the other L'art series is about 1800 euros. The 500ml white bee bottle of Mon Precieux Nectar is about 2000 euros. Gold bee bottles are about 500 euros more expensive than white ones. That's all the information I recall at the moment.
    Last edited by scent; 26th April 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Banned

I have a gold "bee bottle" with L'Heure Bleue, but mine is - I think - 100-150 ml.
    Do I need to add that I treasure it - and it looks gorgeous on my dressing table?

Sounds lovely Madame!

Scent, are the prices you quoted refills or purchases of bottle/perfume outright?

Dimitri those are prices of new bottles with fresh juice. I don't know the prices of refills. But they're still a bargain considering price per ml.

Thanks scent.
    I am keen to know if anyone has refilled a bottle, and at what approximate price.

This site in the UK has some info on the bee bottles:

(it looks like you can buy Habit Rouge in the bee bottle!)

http://www.escentual.com/guerlain/
    Last edited by Primrose; 26th April 2010 at 05:18 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Banned

Too bad that they don't show pictures of those bottles.

The exclusive lines are Les Parisiennes, L'Art et la Matière, Les Elixirs Charnels. To get a catalogue, try and call a boutique near you. I got mine when I was in Paris and asked for it in the shop.

PS: I will also post this fabulous video link on the Female board: http://videos.tf1.fr/sept-a-huit/le-...m-5828707.html

Quote Originally Posted by granola357 View Post
    Thanks everyone! Not to be tacky, but what are we talking about in terms of price? 250 ml of parfum in a custom bottle, while worth it, sounds a bit gulp-inducing. Also, what are Guerlain's "exclusive lines"? It seems like online there's a fairly limited range of frags that can go in a bee bottle. I.e., not Chamade or Vetiver pour elle....

Mr. G., how would I get a Guerlain catalogue?

That's a wonderful video Mr. G. I always think that JPG is like a living version of one of his fragrances -refined, elegant and charming. I'd really love to bump into him at La Maison.