Code of Conduct

Default NEW Eau Sauvage Extreme

Last week Alain Delon and Francois Demachy presented here, in Moscow, the new version of Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme. It will be in classical black bottle of Eau Sauvage Extreme, but the juice will be absolutely new: more fresh and modern. As Demachy said, Eau Sauvage is the classic of fresh scents of XX century, while the new fragrance has all chances to become the classic of XXI century. It will be availbale in Russia from 15th of June, and from September in the rest of the world. The face is young Alain Delon, the TV-commercial will include scenes from his film "La piscine" ("The swimming pool")

Default Re: NEW Eau Sauvage Extreme

Any info on the notes? I remember reading something about young AD being the face for the new ES campaign but nothing about Extreme.
    Interesting.

definitely excited; I just hope its not a boring remake

Though it's not a terrible scent by any means, I think ESE is one that could actually use a reformulation. What bugged me about ESE is the vinegary smell that's so prevalent for the first hour or so, plus the fact that it's a lot less citrusy than Eau Sauvage. If they can somehow capture the elegance of Eau Sauvage, retain the citrus notes and make it much stronger than Eau Sauvage - a herculean task - this could be a winner.

I just hope they don't turn it into a boring woody/aquatic "fresh" scent.

If this has a huge concentrated, longer-lasting dose of materials that emulate the topnotes of the original eau sauvage, and alot less of the "butt jasmine", I'm very interested. Turning up some of the other florals (rose, iris) would be a very good idea, but I think toning down the carnation and the arse note, would be a very good idea. Since the new regulations on Oakmoss, get the dirtiness or wildness from the rooty (orris, vetiver) and herbal (basil, Rosemary), or unique (cumin, patchouli) notes. And Dior by now must realize that the topnotes are what so many love about eau sauvage, hopefully they are amplified to an extreme.

I'm with Dullah on this one
    it will be interesting to see what happens
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Note to Self: Stock up on current Eau Sauvage Extreme
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

The nerve! If they're going to make a new fragrance why not call it a new fragrance?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

some photos from the presentation
    Attached Images Attached Images

This will be interesting!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    The nerve! If they're going to make a new fragrance why not call it a new fragrance?
    Because they were not satisfied with any of the new names they came up with?

smeller

I hate flankers.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    more fresh and modern
    Another AdG clone?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

more fresh and modern.
    Yes, and using Delon from a 1969 movie.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

And again I will ask the question, will it be difficult to find in the States?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    And again I will ask the question, will it be difficult to find in the States?
    If it is like any of the other recent Dior flankers (Dior Homme Intense, Dior Homme Cologne, Fahrenheit Absolute), then yes it will be very difficult to get a bottle early on... Though I'm sure the online retailers will get bottles a few months after the release...

Basenotes Institution

I happen to think this is great news. I always felt that the current Eau Savage Extreme smelled a bit dated. I look forward to smelling the new juice.

Here's a picture from 1966 used last year to portrait Eau Sauvage campaign. It's quite frightening to compare the one taken last week and this...

Got some new information on this. New Extreme is a version of Eau Sauvage enriched with mint (really trendy note!) and vetiver.

Got some new information on this. New Extreme is a version of Eau Sauvage enriched with mint (really trendy note!) and vetiver.
    Well, I was truly afraid it was going to include calone. Now, mint and vetiiver do seem a much better option.

I noticed Eau Sauvage Extreme prominently displayed in a Dublin department store this week and decided to try it, incase it was the new version and I think it was! I only smelled the old version a couple of times last year and it made no impression on me. This one reminded me immediately of Guerlain Homme. The mint note is very prominent and it lasts a lot longer than Eau Sauvage. Very lovely stuff, but again, it bears a striking resemblance to the lemon/minty Guerlain Homme.

It was displayed on a stand which had the image of a young Alain Delon from the 50s or 60s.

Is it possible that it was indeed the new version that I smelled?

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ...the arse note...
    Great name. Can I borrow?

Yes, it was a new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I noticed Eau Sauvage Extreme prominently displayed in a Dublin department store this week and decided to try it, incase it was the new version and I think it was! I only smelled the old version a couple of times last year and it made no impression on me. This one reminded me immediately of Guerlain Homme. The mint note is very prominent and it lasts a lot longer than Eau Sauvage. Very lovely stuff, but again, it bears a striking resemblance to the lemon/minty Guerlain Homme.

It was displayed on a stand which had the image of a young Alain Delon from the 50s or 60s.

Is it possible that it was indeed the new version that I smelled?
    Yes, it was a new version.

Shouldn't Delon be hawking his own fragrances? Also, it seems strange that Dior are relaunching ESE when it's been widely available for a while, and it wasn't that good to begin with.

Anybody notice that the more interesting Dune PH was recently relaunched and is available everywhere now?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Shouldn't Delon be hawking his own fragrances? Also, it seems strange that Dior are relaunching ESE when it's been widely available for a while, and it wasn't that good to begin with.

Anybody notice that the more interesting Dune PH was recently relaunched and is available everywhere now?
    Did you read that it was re-formulated making the fragrance much different from the previous ESE? IMO that warrants a relaunch!

Bought it last week... had jugded it ont the first impressions on my hand..... not bad but absolutely NO longlivety on me :-((( The original was better..

is the bottle still the same? (black with silver label?)
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I tried new ESE yesterday. It happens to be great - for me it`s much better than before reformulation.
    smooth, juicy and full-bodied.
    It has mint and lavender, extra-vetiver, extra-hedione, and citrussy-spicy elemi oil to extend from lemon to cedar. so it`s flowery citrus-vetiver cologne. And it lasts and lasts! as it`s INTENSE Eau de toilette (but I forgot to see the concentration). Some Ambre Nuit accord is detected after 2 hours.
    But in far end of sillage it smells a bit monotonous.
    I like new ESE better than new ES and old ESE.
    But I still prefer old ES as classic masterpiece - though new ESE is specially made for hot summer time to last about 4-6 hours.

Yes, new ESE is in black bottle with silver label. And black box.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

If the current version gets discontinued we may just be looking at the creation of a sought-after vintage in years to come. I have always loved the current/vintage ESE and dont think it needed an "update" to replace it. I believe Dior should have done a "Polo Modern Reserve" with the new ESE and left the original as is.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

This new formulation has serious longevity on me also. It's definitely one of those "all day long" scents!

I still think it's very like Guerlain Homme.

How would I know if the one I am buying is the new ESE by just looking at the bottle? Is there a difference between the new and the old one as far as packaging or labeling is concerned?

thanks moon fish I guess the only way to know if is the new juice is to try it
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by rmlj View Post
    How would I know if the one I am buying is the new ESE by just looking at the bottle? Is there a difference between the new and the old one as far as packaging or labeling is concerned?
    There is a word 'concentree' on the old bottle.

What a sad thing to do. Thankfully, I have 2 bottles of the original extreme version. What a shame. The new one is a replica of Guirlain Homme.

Angry Re: NEW Eau Sauvage Extreme

I agree with you. The new "extreme" is an almost exact copy of Guerlain Homme eau de parfum (mixed with some notes of the original Eau Sauvage). Another wrong step from LVMH. Disappointing.

If ESE and GHI are the same - I like both!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

No, ESE is not a copy of Guerlain Homme. ESE is the original ES combined with green notes (first of all mint, then vetiver), that's why for someone it seems similar to Guerlain Homme, which also contains mint. But similarity is not noticable. I should say that ESE is more mature but at the same time more modern than original ES, and I like it.

The visual difference between the old ESE and the reformulated one is: the new one is called »Eau Sauvage Extreme Intense«, the word »Intense« is missing on the old ESE bottle and package!
    As far as i know this is the only way to find an old bottle, instead of buying blind.

Quote Originally Posted by martinbenner View Post
    As far as i know this is the only way to find an old bottle, instead of buying blind.
    Thanks for the tip.

I was just thinking about this one the other day, wondering if it actually ever came out or not, hoping it was a citru/green bomb. thanks for the bump. So everyone is certain that any bottles labled (Eau De Toilette Intense) are indeed the new. relaunched, totally different formula from the older "Eau Sauvage Extreme" ?

I'd hate to buy a bottle blind and be left with some dated, non-citrusy, butt-jasmine-rich, woodier version of the OG Eau Sauvage.

there are lot of eau sauvage extreme experts here..can anyone tell me if the eau sauvage extreme in white packaging with black stripe label, does it has oakmoss and is it like the formulation in old eau sauvage extremes with brown marblish boxes and before that ? i am asking because i want to stock up old formulations...brown packaging version is tough to obtain or extremely expensive...heard bad things about new formulations so want to stock up for life

Oh, my God, this is gruesome. Rotten old Alain Delon getting carried from Lac Léman to Moscow to advertise a new scent for Dior. It sounds like a ghost rain. How much did they pay him? And why didn't they put dead old Romy Schneider with him on the stage? Would surely have made an impression in the Russian capital.

So this is where the center of the perfume world is nowadays. It could make me puke. This has no style, my friends, no style! This is just VULGAR! What has the world come to?

It's definitely not for me. I don't want to smell like a Russian nouveau-riche.

hello dear friends, please help me out since lot of eau sauvage extreme experts are here..i am looking to score few eau sauvage extreme bottles due to new intense version being horrible...one is brown marble packaging which is harder to find and more expensive and the other is white packaging which is relatively easier to score and more affordable...my question is whether the formula for both bottles is same and there is just timing difference or even these two formulas are different from each other in which case obviously brown marble stuff is more original

Dependent

My two cents:

The original Eau Sauvage Extreme Concentree was a bit dated, granted, but had a nice ballsy indolic jasmine and okay longevity. I can understand why they wanted to scrap it from a marketing standpoint; I can't imagine they were selling a lot of it. (I think they should have replaced it with a more interesting flanker, not tried to piggyback on its name for a new, totally different frag.) I prefer the similar but less-sweet Lancome Trophee, but by all means it's a good frag.

The new Eau Sauvage Extreme Intense is thoroughly bland -- anything but "extreme." It is chockful of the standard unimaginative metallic floral molecules that have been overused for about 20 years now, and devoid of anything "intense" as well, with average longevity for a modern men's EdT. The mint takes it far from both its Sauvage predecessors. I find it trite and conventional -- a worthless addition to a classic tradition.
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 6th March 2012 at 07:42 PM.

thanks for your feedback MonkeyBars...i am not worried anymore because i have already bought three 100ml bottles of vintage eau sauvage extreme...so have good supply for lifetime...i have also stocked over 1 liter of original eau sauvage because the new one is horrible and 8 bottles of eau sauvage fraicheur cuir...you see i am a big sauvage fan ..my parents were old fashioned so often they won't know whether the fragrance they use is for men or women...eau sauvage extreme has sentimental value for me, too because it was one of two men fragrance my late mom liked..the other one being valentino vendetta pour homme which i also have...my dad got both these as gifts originally in 90's and both my parents would use these two...

Dependent

you're welcome fazi. Vendetta is great stuff! Just got a backup bottle from scentemental here on the Sale forum, as I'm seeing this one less and less on eBay as the old new stock runs out.

3 Frags I find very similar to Vendetta: Halston Z-14 old pre-2011 formulation (still very cheap and worth every penny), Simon Chang Maestro, and Tom Ford Italian Cypress.

Wow that's bad! I didn't particularly like the old Eau Sauvage Extreme but it was a fierce and interesting interpretation of the magnificent original. But this bland and generic concoction doesn't deserve to carry that iconic name!