Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: NEW Eau Sauvage Extreme

This new formulation has serious longevity on me also. It's definitely one of those "all day long" scents!

I still think it's very like Guerlain Homme.

How would I know if the one I am buying is the new ESE by just looking at the bottle? Is there a difference between the new and the old one as far as packaging or labeling is concerned?

thanks moon fish I guess the only way to know if is the new juice is to try it
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by rmlj View Post
    How would I know if the one I am buying is the new ESE by just looking at the bottle? Is there a difference between the new and the old one as far as packaging or labeling is concerned?
    There is a word 'concentree' on the old bottle.

What a sad thing to do. Thankfully, I have 2 bottles of the original extreme version. What a shame. The new one is a replica of Guirlain Homme.

Angry Re: NEW Eau Sauvage Extreme

I agree with you. The new "extreme" is an almost exact copy of Guerlain Homme eau de parfum (mixed with some notes of the original Eau Sauvage). Another wrong step from LVMH. Disappointing.

If ESE and GHI are the same - I like both!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

No, ESE is not a copy of Guerlain Homme. ESE is the original ES combined with green notes (first of all mint, then vetiver), that's why for someone it seems similar to Guerlain Homme, which also contains mint. But similarity is not noticable. I should say that ESE is more mature but at the same time more modern than original ES, and I like it.

The visual difference between the old ESE and the reformulated one is: the new one is called »Eau Sauvage Extreme Intense«, the word »Intense« is missing on the old ESE bottle and package!
    As far as i know this is the only way to find an old bottle, instead of buying blind.

Quote Originally Posted by martinbenner View Post
    As far as i know this is the only way to find an old bottle, instead of buying blind.
    Thanks for the tip.

I was just thinking about this one the other day, wondering if it actually ever came out or not, hoping it was a citru/green bomb. thanks for the bump. So everyone is certain that any bottles labled (Eau De Toilette Intense) are indeed the new. relaunched, totally different formula from the older "Eau Sauvage Extreme" ?

I'd hate to buy a bottle blind and be left with some dated, non-citrusy, butt-jasmine-rich, woodier version of the OG Eau Sauvage.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

there are lot of eau sauvage extreme experts here..can anyone tell me if the eau sauvage extreme in white packaging with black stripe label, does it has oakmoss and is it like the formulation in old eau sauvage extremes with brown marblish boxes and before that ? i am asking because i want to stock up old formulations...brown packaging version is tough to obtain or extremely expensive...heard bad things about new formulations so want to stock up for life

Oh, my God, this is gruesome. Rotten old Alain Delon getting carried from Lac Léman to Moscow to advertise a new scent for Dior. It sounds like a ghost rain. How much did they pay him? And why didn't they put dead old Romy Schneider with him on the stage? Would surely have made an impression in the Russian capital.

So this is where the center of the perfume world is nowadays. It could make me puke. This has no style, my friends, no style! This is just VULGAR! What has the world come to?

It's definitely not for me. I don't want to smell like a Russian nouveau-riche.

hello dear friends, please help me out since lot of eau sauvage extreme experts are here..i am looking to score few eau sauvage extreme bottles due to new intense version being horrible...one is brown marble packaging which is harder to find and more expensive and the other is white packaging which is relatively easier to score and more affordable...my question is whether the formula for both bottles is same and there is just timing difference or even these two formulas are different from each other in which case obviously brown marble stuff is more original

Dependent

My two cents:

The original Eau Sauvage Extreme Concentree was a bit dated, granted, but had a nice ballsy indolic jasmine and okay longevity. I can understand why they wanted to scrap it from a marketing standpoint; I can't imagine they were selling a lot of it. (I think they should have replaced it with a more interesting flanker, not tried to piggyback on its name for a new, totally different frag.) I prefer the similar but less-sweet Lancome Trophee, but by all means it's a good frag.

The new Eau Sauvage Extreme Intense is thoroughly bland -- anything but "extreme." It is chockful of the standard unimaginative metallic floral molecules that have been overused for about 20 years now, and devoid of anything "intense" as well, with average longevity for a modern men's EdT. The mint takes it far from both its Sauvage predecessors. I find it trite and conventional -- a worthless addition to a classic tradition.
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 6th March 2012 at 06:42 PM.

thanks for your feedback MonkeyBars...i am not worried anymore because i have already bought three 100ml bottles of vintage eau sauvage extreme...so have good supply for lifetime...i have also stocked over 1 liter of original eau sauvage because the new one is horrible and 8 bottles of eau sauvage fraicheur cuir...you see i am a big sauvage fan ..my parents were old fashioned so often they won't know whether the fragrance they use is for men or women...eau sauvage extreme has sentimental value for me, too because it was one of two men fragrance my late mom liked..the other one being valentino vendetta pour homme which i also have...my dad got both these as gifts originally in 90's and both my parents would use these two...

Dependent

you're welcome fazi. Vendetta is great stuff! Just got a backup bottle from scentemental here on the Sale forum, as I'm seeing this one less and less on eBay as the old new stock runs out.

3 Frags I find very similar to Vendetta: Halston Z-14 old pre-2011 formulation (still very cheap and worth every penny), Simon Chang Maestro, and Tom Ford Italian Cypress.

Wow that's bad! I didn't particularly like the old Eau Sauvage Extreme but it was a fierce and interesting interpretation of the magnificent original. But this bland and generic concoction doesn't deserve to carry that iconic name!