Code of Conduct

Default Madame Rochas and Calandre

I just bought these two: Madame Rochas Parfum de Toilette and Calandre Eau de Toilette. I'd like to get info on if they are the vintage version. Also, there are two Madame Rochas entries in the directory. Which is the one I have here? Thank you, Ladies.

*sorry for the low quality image; I took it with my cellphone *
    Last edited by zliang; 26th April 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Default Re: Madame Rochas and Calandre

The Calandre is vintage, I have a bottle like that one...Mme Rochas is also vintage as the newer bottles ar Eau de toilette! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by nathaliez View Post
    The Calandre is vintage, I have a bottle like that one...Mme Rochas is also vintage as the newer bottles ar Eau de toilette! Enjoy!
    Thank you, nathaliez. Re: Mme Rochas, is it the 1960 or 1989 one?

same here...got Madame Rochas pdt which is vintage and Calandre Pure Parfum last year. Calandre Pure Parfum is one of my top 15 now

Are they still doing Calandre parfum? Wow! It is very difficult to find here. There's a store out here in DC with some bottles of the EDT, and they are asking $150/100 ml, which seems too much.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Are they still doing Calandre parfum? Wow! It is very difficult to find here. There's a store out here in DC with some bottles of the EDT, and they are asking $150/100 ml, which seems too much.

cacio
    calandre parfum was discontinued even before edt...i got extra lucky..i bought it from a lady here in NYC ..2 oz pure parfum bottle brand new for only $115 (just the box was a little beaten up) and blind buy but this has to be one of my most favorite deals...i really treasure it and count it among my top 15-20 most favorite out of a collection of over 200....but if you can get your hands on rive gauch parfum which i have 7.5 ml size, they do have similarities..but rive gauche parfum is even costlier ..7.5ml size bottle cost me $35..and Turin says only Calandre's formula remained unchanged ...i bet even Calandre's edt must be a treat...

It's hard to understand if Calandre EDT has been discontinued. Turin/Sanchez state that it has not, and it seems to be available here and there on french websites. But I've never seen it in stores, even in France. I wonder if my beloved Metal is the same. There was a store in Chicago with a few bottles, $85 for 100ml - luckily I got two. Here, they are asking $150.

cacio

it has been discontinued but supply doesnt diminish immediately after discontinuation..ebay will always be an option though prices may continue to rise..for example, you cant still find vintage M7 though now it is oud absolu