Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Blown away by........... Azzaro pH!!

Was it the new bottle or formulation you did try ?

I did read here at last that azarro will update ph last or this year.

The last time i try it i did recognize that Rive gauche Ph which i am using, isn´t much similar too it. I could own both.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    ...I did read here at last that azarro will update ph last or this year...
    Azzaro released Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir. A flanker yes, but from what I have read about it, it's an entirely different fragrance.

In addition, Azzaro put out a brand new advertising campaign this year for Azzaro Pour Homme - with the face of Enrique Iglesias.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I dropped the bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme on the floor of the busy high school hallway and it shattered in a million pieces and the smell of APH filled that particular wing of the school for about 2 months.
    Great story Mike! Just be thankful it wasn't Giorgio Beverly Hills Men or Kouros you dropped otherwise you'd still be able to smell it today!!

Great story Mike. Yeah, I agree that olfactory experiences can really evoke memories, both good and bad. For me, Azzaro pH reminded me too much of the colognes that my dad used to wear as well as country club changing rooms, things I want to distance myself from. Mind you, I have nothing against my dad or country clubs, just that me as a person is not like my dad and I don't like golf.

I bought this about a month ago and my wife and my secretary each really liked it. Old school for sure, but it just flat-out smells good. And two sprays is plenty.

The three main reasons I love APH so much are:

1. It smells perfectly balanced
    2. Exudes an aura of warmth perfectly
    3. Exudes cool-headed self-confidence

That about says it for me.

Great story Mike. Well put Shamu. Although I've only worn it a couple times now, I can say it's something I truly enjoy. Similar to my story with Fahrenheit.. First time I tried it I was impressed, second time.. more impressed then I finally bought a bottle and have been in love ever since. I doubt APH will replace my pride and joy, but it's like the story of Fahrenheit's growth on me is repeating itself. This has happened with a couple other fragrances as well, but is ever so rare. APH (like Shamu said) is perfectly balanced, a little goes far, perfect sillage, perfect longevity. I'd say most can agree that APH's structure is simply ideal, whether you like the smell or not is another story. A fragrance becomes more than just a fragrance when you put it on and every time it just gets better and better. A handful have given me this experience, I'm now finishing off my sample of APH today and wearing it now (third wearing) and it's better than the first 2 times!
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 28th April 2010 at 08:47 PM.

Great story Mike. Cologneist, Keep trying these Classics Bro, You might find another Gem or two