Thread: New favorite Creed list thread
Ok guys here is my new favorite Creed list thread. Just list all the Creeds you like. Me ranking system changed a little so let's see who likes what.
Bois du Portugal: strong ,mature and professional and my favorite of the Creeds.
Virgin Island Water: my favorite fresh fragrance ever.
Royal English: Nice citrus polished leather smell, very professional and formal.
Millesime Imperial: Another great fresh fragrance that is very versatile.
Tabarome Millesime: something about the tobacco and citrus mix I cannot resist
Green Irish Tweed: Classic ,versatile professional scent , very classy
Silver Mountain Water: One of the newer Creeds I have smelled , I love it. Very clean and fresh.
Acier Aluminium: sweet strong fragrance used to be higher on the list but still a nice one.
Vetiver 1948: I think this one is better than the new rendition, it's more mature and professional smelling to me, not sure if I would buy it I might need to take my time getting to know the vetivers.
I see. I've tried REALLY hard to make it last on me because I really enjoy it's boozy millionaire-at-oceanside scent, but man, they specifically made it so that it doesn't stay. I didn't believe the rumors at first but they really are true
it is a trade off, it's a natural fragrance, you can get synthetics that last longer but will not smell as good in my opinion and are not as good for your skin.
Creed VIW lasts 10 hrs on my skin. 72 hrs on my clothes. BFREE
Is your skin made of pure ambergris by any chance?
what do you think of Erolfa?
Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
Personally I don't care if a fragrance is natural or not. The word synthetic gets thrown around like it's bad. Personally, if a synthetic means less expensive and long lasting I'm there. A scent has to be something you like and imo something that LASTS. You need both otherwise it's not worth much value in my eyes.
sorry about double post
i get good longevity out of all my creeds using this method:
it really works and really works well.
When I'm paying over $200.00 for a bottle of cologne, it's insane for it not to last more than two hours on me or anyone .These colognes should be tested on every body chemistry belonging to the human race and made so that they last more than the pathetic amount of time they do on a lot of consumers that purchase these products. Just my 2 cents.
(Go for the "old" bottle design! -The new has been a bit reformulated, with fresher top-notes and less longevity)
So, here are mine:
-Tabarome Millesime: My heart belongs to the more spicy, deeper, refined scents, so Tabarome is right up there with the best. Extremely elegant and classy with both warm and fresh notes. My no.1 formal scent together with Equipage.
-Erolfa: As I said, I love the smell of sea salt! Unique! Can also be used in more formal occations because of its herbal notes.
-Acier Aluminium: This is retro! Sweet, fruity, and spicy! Great for the bar and nightclub, or if I want to "stand out" from the crowd. Probably the most unique scent in my collection. My no.1 attention-grabber!
-Green Irish Tweed: My work horse! Winter, summer, day, evening, casual, formal, work, theater, cinema, club, dinner,..and so on.. whatever the occation is, I cant go wrong with GIT. IMO, the most classy, refined fresh scent on the marked. The most natural and green smelling fragrance i own. Timeless!
-Original Vetiver: This is the only Vetiver scent that I can wear. I have tried several others, but most of them progress to smell harsh and bitter, and not very good on my skin. O-V on the other hand, is soft and pleasant, and quite unique. Great casual scent for spring and summer.
Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 27th April 2010 at 09:00 AM.
1. Windsor - terrible projection and longevity, but the best scent I have ever smelled.
2. Vintage Tabarome - perfect projection and longevity. the most impressive scent I've ever smelled.
3. Green Irish Tweed - getting a fresh "09" bottle of this has completely rejuvenated this for me. I can't get enough of it lately. Layering with Millesime Imperial is magical.
4. Millesime Imperial - so versatile and layers great with so many Creed frags. has an animalistic sexy note.
5. Acier Aluminium - this just replaced Selection Verte at #5 for me. So retro, so original, so sweet. has an overt sexual vibe.
6. Baie de Genievre - a perfectly balanced gentleman's scent. This is BdP for the under 40 crowd.
7. Selection Verte - so bright, so green, so fresh that it boxes itself in a bit to gorgeous sunny days... but nothing shines as bright in the right setting. this also is a great "topping" layer for other green scents. put this on top of GIT, Neroli Sauvage, or Green Valley... and great things happen.
I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!