Code of Conduct

Default Bogart Pour Homme, your thoughts?

I was looking for a cherry/sweet/berry tobacco pipe scent. One that smells like those delicious pipes people smoke sometimes (NOT cigarettes).

I've read over and over from different sites and recommendations here that Bogart PH is the right choice, and it's pretty cheap at that.

Anybody wish to share their thoughts? I ordered a bottle, should be here soon.

Default Re: Bogart Pour Homme, your thoughts?

Have you smelt Axe / Lynx Africa? Its like that, but much more complex & rich. You'll probably like it.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

africa? kilo (usa)? it's musty and gross. i certainly hope Bogart isn't musty

To me it smells almost exactly the same as Burberry London, but without the cedar. I much prefer the Bogart PH. If you like Burberry London, you'll probably like Bogart PH.

Bogart PH is a pretty sweet woodsy fragrance. Outstanding longevity, but I cannot handle the sweetness.

Go and sniff it, or buy a decant. That is the best way to know. Personally, I just find it too sweet.

I don't know about the Axe comparission. But I would not want to compare a body spray/deoderant to a proper fragrance.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Bogart PH is very powerful. It blows the doors off a frag like London. I swapped mine off, but if I ever acquired a new bottle or decant, I would probably dilute it at least 50% with vodka.

As everybody said: above average sillage and longevity, very sweet but not to the point of cloyness, as is the case of A*Men. It has a contemporary feel in that it shares somes note I cannot identify with Armani Black (Code) as well as others.

For a version of Bogart pour Homme with incense, try Bogart's Citytower, the sillage and longevity are not as prominent.

For a version of Bogart pour Homme with gourmand notes along the line of 1 Million, try Silver Scent.

I have a bottle of this stuff, and I have been on the fence about it since I acquired it. It's hella strong, yes, but my main issue is the sweetness in the beginning. It's almost overbearing at first. After about a half an hour or so, it becomes more tolerable, but up top-SWEEEEET!!!

Ah I'm anxious to get this. I'm hoping the sweetness is NOT POWDERY sweet! I don't mind sugary sweet (the cherry/berry tobacco I'm looking for).

I'll probably have to try a spray and walk thru method on the fragrance it seems like. Funny because I just doused myself with 10 sprays of green irish tweed today, lol! Damn creeds.

I ordered a sample of this on the strength of Bogart's reputation, despite not having sampled something from '95 or later for a long time, and although I have not gotten it yet I am regretting it. Let me guess, another too-sweet scent typical of the times? Closer to A*Men than One Man Show?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    I ordered a sample of this on the strength of Bogart's reputation, despite not having sampled something from '95 or later for a long time, and although I have not gotten it yet I am regretting it. Let me guess, another too-sweet scent typical of the times? Closer to A*Men than One Man Show?
    I have not yet tried this scent, but if it will make you feel any better, some of the members of the Powerhouse Fragrance Users group here have commented in that forum that they feel Bogart Pour Homme is a real Powerhouse, and those same people feel that A*Men is NOT a Powerhouse. I don't know if that changes your mind at all.

Wow, this is Cuba in a bottle. I think this pale Germanic man will stay far away from this. Yeah, it is a powerhouse. Tony Montana's signature scent IMO.

I got my bottle in today. Man is is sweet. Unfortunately, I have a headache today. I shouldn't have sprayed this on on wrist (IT WON'T COME OFF). It's incredibly potent.

Once my headache goes away, I'll try a good wearing of it. If I didn't have a headache, I would probably like it more. Same goes for 1 million by PR. I tried it first time during a headache, bad idea. gave me a bad impression. turned out it wasn't so bad after all once i tested without a headache!

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I got my bottle in today. Man is is sweet. Unfortunately, I have a headache today. I shouldn't have sprayed this on on wrist (IT WON'T COME OFF). It's incredibly potent.

Once my headache goes away, I'll try a good wearing of it. If I didn't have a headache, I would probably like it more. Same goes for 1 million by PR. I tried it first time during a headache, bad idea. gave me a bad impression. turned out it wasn't so bad after all once i tested without a headache!
    Never a good idea to try a new fragrance (particular one so potent!) with a headache. Even worse with a hangover!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Never a good idea to try a new fragrance (particular one so potent!) with a headache. Even worse with a hangover!
    Yes. Unfortunately, it seems my mind is thinking "that is what gave me the headache". I just tried smelling it and got nauseous. But I know for a fact it wasn't what gave me the headache. I began well before I smelled it.

I know it smells like pure cherry vanilla sweetness though. Pretty good if you like that. I might have to sell mine for like $10 if my mind doesn't unlearn the association I accidentally made

The only fragrance ever that gave me a headache is Bogart Pour Homme. Very strong topnotes!

Do you find it comparable to Davidoff Relax,another mega-sillage monster?
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Basenotes Plus

Powerful stuff, if a little crude. One drop of this goes a long way. Longevity is probably measured in terms of radioactive half life... Small wonder I still have my little sample... I enjoy it occasionally but I tend to get a little self-conscous of its 'power'.

I have this and like it a lot. You'll like it to when it arrives.

My only hesitation in buying this has been what I've heard is an excessive amount of vanilla in this. It sounds nice and strong, but I hate heavy vanilla scents. Others have described it as spicy and having a tobacco accord, which I would like. What's the deal?

Any similarity to Burberry London?
    Last edited by shamu1; 30th April 2010 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    My only hesitation in buying this has been what I've heard is an excessive amount of vanilla in this. It sounds nice and strong, but I hate heavy vanilla scents. Others have described it as spicy and having a tobacco accord, which I would like. What's the deal?

Any similarity to Burberry London?
    It's basically all the lower, heavier aspects of Burberry london, amplified and concentrated, and none of the lighter, classier, or aromatic notes of Burberry London. But if you like the drydown of Burberry London after a heavy application....you'll really like Bogart ph. the same can be said for likers of Versace's dreamer, but find it just slightly too feminine, or not strong enough.

interesting thing about Bogart ph is, while it is very sweet with a megadose of Tonka bean (some say vanilla or pipe tobacco), it also has the heavy, distinctly masculine texture and feel of many 80's powerhouses. Do not confuse this and think I mean the scent, I mean primarily the texture.

Now I just saw a review on You Tube where it was described as the projection lasting for about an hour and then this dying down to a skin scent that last about 8 hours. Our others here seeing the sillage/projection dying out on this fragrance?????

Scentimus, there is nothing skin about this scent. It will easily last over 10 hours on your skin. This stuff is hardcore and notorious for it's longevity. Whoever said it turns into a skin scent after an hour shouldn't be reviewing fragrances.

sillage dying out?? and pigs will fly.

no seriously. this perfume blew me away from the UK to China and back again even after a good few hours out in the city. any more than 2 sprits on the wrist can kill anyone within a 1-mile radius.

thank god it's such a great scent!

Be careful with application. Too much will have people running from you as fast as they can. If lightly applied it is very enjoyable. Great on cold nights.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys for the reassurance on this I have to give this a try.

I tested it on paper strip.I didn't find it anything powerhouse like.Not my favorite anyway.

First, let me say that I really like this fragrance very much. I was looking for a tobacco fragrance, and initially BPH does, in fact, smell very much like cherry pipe tobacco. However, for me this settles in after an hour or so and has the soft, powdery, slightly sweet smell of tobacco/suede. Not what I expected, but as I said, I like it very much, and may even make it my signature fragrance.

To be honest, this is what Pure Havane SHOULD smell like - not kidding.

Bogart Pour Homme is a masterpiece - Mugler Pure Havane is NOT, but still a very nice fragrance though....
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Hi CHS,

Really ? Do you truly believe that Bogart PH is a Masterpiece ? I dunno as I have NOT ever tried any Bogart fragrance so I haven't any clue. I've been thinking about a "blind" purchase of Bogart "One Man Show". How does that compare to Bogart PH ? Oooh, I too do NOT like TOO sweeeet, TOO Vanilla fragrances. I do however LOVE Tobacco fragrances!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    Hi CHS,

Really ? Do you truly believe that Bogart PH is a Masterpiece ? I dunno as I have NOT ever tried any Bogart fragrance so I haven't any clue. I've been thinking about a "blind" purchase of Bogart "One Man Show". How does that compare to Bogart PH ? Oooh, I too do NOT like TOO sweeeet, TOO Vanilla fragrances. I do however LOVE Tobacco fragrances!

Regards,
    SixCats!
    Of course this is MY opinion, but I enjoy Bohart POur Homme as one of my favorite tobacco sweet pipe fragrances more than even Tobacco Vanille and Eau de Baux at the moment.

You may find it too sweet and cloying - I love the dry down of Bogart Pour Homme, and for the price this is a masterpiece along the same lines as Thallium Black (though not a fragrance in same category of scents, but same high quality for very affordable price)

I compared Bogart Pour Homme with Havana, Pure Havane, Eau de Baux and Tobacco Vanille last night on my 2 arms and found out I prefer Bogart Pour Homme slightly to them all
    I will purchase 2-3 bottles more of Bagrt Pour Homme because it's that good and strong enough to last for 10+ years if I own 4 bottles of that great juice
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Hi Claus,

Ummmm, well Sir, I very much appreciate your thoughts on Bogart PH. I must say, you having compared Bogart PH with Havana, Pure Havane, Eau de Baux and Tobacco Vanille and preferring Bogart PH over the others is enough to make me want to try it. Thanks for your help. Ooh, any experience with the OTHER Bogart fragrances ? One Man Show for instance ?

Regards,
    SixCats!

IMO, BPH is the best $25 frag available!

I have pleasant memories with this, though I have only tested, never owned this one, I distinctly remember an interesting and unpredictable crossover between a powerhouse and a gourmand.

Guys,

help me out here. Just HOW sweet is Bogart PH ? Is it Givenchy PI sweet ? Yuck. Joop! sweet ? Cloying like Le Male (if too much is sprayed) ? Habit Rouge like ? I own L'Artisan "Mure et Musc" which has some sort of a weird, sweet Berry note that I just don't like whatsoever. Is it anything along those lines ? In some fragrances, I do like a little bit of sweetness and a little touch of Vanilla but, if OVERDONE, it tends to turn my Stomach or gives me a Headache. Funny, what's weird is, I do NOT find Goutal "SABLES" to be overly sweet but rather more.....creamy ? Kind of like a smooth Butterscotch kind of sweet as opposed to sugar Bubblegum sweet if that makes any sense. Thanks.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    Guys,

help me out here. Just HOW sweet is Bogart PH ? Is it Givenchy PI sweet ? Yuck. Joop! sweet ? Cloying like Le Male (if too much is sprayed) ? Habit Rouge like ? I own L'Artisan "Mure et Musc" which has some sort of a weird, sweet Berry note that I just don't like whatsoever. Is it anything along those lines ? In some fragrances, I do like a little bit of sweetness and a little touch of Vanilla but, if OVERDONE, it tends to turn my Stomach or gives me a Headache. Funny, what's weird is, I do NOT find Goutal "SABLES" to be overly sweet but rather more.....creamy ? Kind of like a smooth Butterscotch kind of sweet as opposed to sugar Bubblegum sweet if that makes any sense. Thanks.

Regards,
    SixCats!

It is not that kind of sweet. Bogart Pour Homme is very dry almost arid tobacco scent very much like Dali Pour Homme. If you don't like patchouli stay away from this scent!

Hi Scentimus,

Thanks for your comments. Oooh, I just happen to LOVE Patchouli AND Tobacco!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Tony Montana's signature scent

A little bit linear, but still an incredibly rich and powerful fragrance. I love it!
    Mark K

Good stuff. If you want pipe tobacco, you'll find it.