Code of Conduct

Default Present for the girlfriend...help please.

Hi ladies -

It's my first time in the female fragrance forum, because I need a bit of help.

I have a severe cologne addiction, and my girlfriend is starting to get into perfumes.

She had been wearing paris hilton perfume like crazy, she likes it, but was in the mood for a change.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123528.html

I bought her DKNY Candy apples Juicy berry. She likes this one alot, but she's looking for one that lasts longer.

I bought her Beckham signature shortly after, and she loved the scent, but again.....doesn't last long enough or project well enough.

She's not into the chanels, and I know she doesn't like any of the mugler scents, which at least in the mens fragrance world they always have great longevity and projection.

Any tips on what I can check out? Something relatively inexpensive...and widely available?

Thank you ladies!

-Dan

Default Re: Present for the girlfriend...help please.

It sounds like she likes sweet fruity florals? Maybe something by Lolita Lempicka (easy to find at Sephora) -- those are supposed to pack a wallop.

Nina Ricci Nina is another sweet apple scent with several flankers -- I don't much like sweet and fruity, but I kind of enjoy this one (which might mean it won't be sweet and candied-fruit enough to please your girlfriend), and it seems to me to last pretty well. It also comes in the loveliest bottle ever!

Hillaire

Hi, Dan. I like the newest Juicy Couture Scent Couture Couture, but I think your really best bet is the newest Moschino. It's called Glamour; it's a really good fragrance, and I think it's young enough to suit her.

Or what about Delices de Cartier?

Blog Entries

Maybe Estee Lauder -- Brazil Dream or Exotic Pleasures?
    Or Guerlain -- Insolence or My Insolence?
    Dior J'Adore
    I like some Lancome fragrances, my personal faves are Poeme and Miracle, but your girlfriend seems to be more into fruity scents, so Tropiques by Lancome could work for her.

Just some ideas

Sur la Plage

Miss Dior Cherie
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Halle Berry Orchid is very nice..lasting power is actually correct! Hillary Duff With Love is a nice woodsy/fruity scent, she might like it too!
    Last edited by nathaliez; 27th April 2010 at 10:45 PM.

I think Couture Couture and Miss Dior Cherie are great recs. I enjoy Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy (deep purple round bottle with rhinestones). I know, it's BS, but who cares. I especially like it in summer. It's very juicy & tart/sweet berries with a soft amber/musk drydown. I'm also loving my latest discovery Gale Hayman Delicious Cotton Candy, which smells exactly like cotton candy but has some citrussy top notes. Both of these are dirt cheap, and seem long lasting on me, although I realize that longevity varies individually. You can probably find them at Marshall's or TJ Maxx. I bought Cotton Candy on ebay for $20 with free shipping. I know you will find something in this category to please your girlfriend. Aren't you sweet for wanting to find her a fragrance to please her!